Drop heating the mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowish83

May 26, 2018
Hi guys
My drop rda is heating after just few hits . The body becomes really hot and the mod gets warm as well which is not normal I think and got me Worried.
The coils r fine and I can’t find anything wrong .
I only got this and Zeus single RTA ( which I used to complain about building it here lol but I learnt and it’s performing great now ).
I tried different coils . I also unscrewed the deck and everything and nothing looks wrong to me .
This mod gave me “short atomizer” message once before and it was fixed when I changed the coils , don’t know if it’s related .
Any thoughts ? Thanks .

Mowish83

May 26, 2018
If the positive and negative deck screws are tight(underneath) and no clippings in the deck it could be the mod maybe?
Make sure the mod 510 isn't pushed in too far and springs back.
Is it ok with the zeus?
Have you tried another mod?

Oh and what mod is it?
It’s a Vaporesso switcher , no problem with the Zeus at all , I don’t have another mod to try it with for now but if it was the mod then it would happen with the Zeus also right ?
Maybe I didn’t put it back correctly or tightened enough after I put it back together ?
Thanks for the help

Mowish83

May 26, 2018
It could.
If one coil is loose all power would go to one coil.
If say the negative post is loose from the deck it could cause all kinds of odd behavior.
Thanks for your help , it might be the case cause this heating only started after I disassembled it and put it back together so I’ll take a look in the morning :)

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
2 0.45 coils which should come to 0.23 but it’s reading 0.25 . It did read 0.23 on the meter though
That's normal, every mod or meter are gonna have a different resistance, as long as it's within the same range (ie .23 instead of .25) you're fine.

What i'm wondering i what kind of wattage and coils you're using, we kinda need more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread