Help with my Zeus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowish83

May 26, 2018
Hi guys
I stopped smoking and got into vaping 10 days ago . At first I was using the tank that came with my mod and everything was amazing , now am using Zeus with premade coils and am facing many issues :
Regardless of how good I wick it (like all YouTube videos show), the clouds and the flavor r very disappointing and it goes very dry above 30 wats ? Under that no clouds and much flavor
- immediately after I fill the tank , half of the juice disappear but I don’t see any leakage ?
It’s reading 0,39 ohm and am vaping 70/30 juice if that helps..
Any help would be much appreciated

Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
first i'll ask what kind of coil are you using ? Fused claptons ? Round wire, Ss Ti or something else ?
Also since idk about the zeus (mainly is it single or dual coils) i can only comment on this:
The fact juice dissapears is most likely normal as your rta probably has a juice well under the deck where some of the juice goes whenever you fill it.

I have a Serpent smm here and although it's difficult for me to get a good build out of it, atm i have a single Ss round wire build with a .33 0hm reading on it, and above 30 watts i'd get the same as you (i use temp control but it still about the same kind of thing) Higher 0hms = less watts needed, although i'd assume you need to "break in" the coils .

I'll also add that finding the right way to wick an rta can be tricky and mostly a trial and error thing, i tend to let the tails be just under the deck some make them longer others shorter, it's all subjective and videos won't really help teach you that imo. Good thing to try though is an rda with a squonker if needed be, it's more capacity than a tank and rdas tend to be much more forgiving about wicking methods.

Hope that helps a bit :)
Otherwise i pray someone with more knowledge than me comes in !

Mowish83

May 26, 2018
first i'll ask what kind of coil are you using ? Fused claptons ? Round wire, Ss Ti or something else ?
Also since idk about the zeus (mainly is it single or dual coils) i can only comment on this:
The fact juice dissapears is most likely normal as your rta probably has a juice well under the deck where some of the juice goes whenever you fill it.

I have a Serpent smm here and although it's difficult for me to get a good build out of it, atm i have a single Ss round wire build with a .33 0hm reading on it, and above 30 watts i'd get the same as you (i use temp control but it still about the same kind of thing) Higher 0hms = less watts needed, although i'd assume you need to "break in" the coils .

I'll also add that finding the right way to wick an rta can be tricky and mostly a trial and error thing, i tend to let the tails be just under the deck some make them longer others shorter, it's all subjective and videos won't really help teach you that imo. Good thing to try though is an rda with a squonker if needed be, it's more capacity than a tank and rdas tend to be much more forgiving about wicking methods.

Hope that helps a bit :)
Otherwise i pray someone with more knowledge than me comes in !
Am using fused Clapton coils , am also letting the cotton hang a bit down but not touching the base , also fluffing the edges like they say .I went throu 10 coils or so and am not finding a decent result , the NRG Tank was way much convenient but i damaged that being a noob .
It’s a single coil Zeus .
Thanks a lot for the help : )

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
right now, I'm running a (premade) quad twisted A1(.25 ID) at .22 ohms with rayon wick at 45 watts.
It's spot on full of flavor (DIY Double Chocolate with a touch of Bavarian Cream 75 VG 25 PG w 3mg nic).
The coil I had in it was the factory furnished one, fused clapton .25 ID @.33 ohms, and it too was spot on at about 55 watts (I was cleaning it and pulled it too far out of wack yesterday...).

You may need to bump up your watts after you change out your cotton. it sounds like you're not getting enough in the coil, and there is nothing wrong with letting a bit more touch the deck, the eliquid has got to get up there, right?

The Zeus is a juice hog, no if and's or butts about it.

Rewick, adding more cotton and give it a go.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Mowish83

May 26, 2018
right now, I'm running a (premade) quad twisted A1(.25 ID) at .22 ohms with rayon wick at 45 watts.
It's spot on full of flavor (DIY Double Chocolate with a touch of Bavarian Cream 75 VG 25 PG w 3mg nic).
The coil I had in it was the factory furnished one, fused clapton .25 ID @.33 ohms, and it too was spot on at about 55 watts (I was cleaning it and pulled it too far out of wack yesterday...).

You may need to bump up your watts after you change out your cotton. it sounds like you're not getting enough in the coil, and there is nothing wrong with letting a bit more touch the deck, the eliquid has got to get up there, right?

The Zeus is a juice hog, no if and's or butts about it.

Rewick, adding more cotton and give it a go.
I can’t bump the wattage the way I m making it cuz it will burn my tongue: )
Well I never let it close to touching the bottom as every one said it won’t be good , am gonna try maybe more cotton will do it , thank you !

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Like all RTAs, a huge part of the flavour coming out, is the positioning of the coil for the airflow intakes. Always aim for the airflow to be slightly on the edge of the bottom of the coil so that the air can surround the coil properly before going up, instead of skimming the coil and coming up with nothing.

I have a Zeus and it's quite fine... but I use temp control, with SS 26 gauge with wither a 2.5 or 3mm diameter (I forgot how big I did last time I built it) and make it a good 0.7 - 0.8 ohm range.

It does gulp liquid fairly quickly, but if you primed correctly, when you fill, it should fill to the top and not disappear. If that's happening, that would mean that your wick was seriously dried out.

As the Zeus is very easy to wick, you such try a few times and see what works best for you.

Remember that with cotton, it needs to be somewhat firm but not overly as cotton swells a bit, too much and it's going to wick badly, and too little, badly again but now with "pockets" in the coil that will give you those scorching pops. Remember to snip a bit of the cotton going down as this might be a case of you've got too much going in the feeds nooks and clogging the wicking.

Try doing a on-the-go re-prime... (close airflow, suck 2-3 times gently without firing so that it pulls liquid back into the wick) and see if that helps.

• Useful

Boiller

Dec 16, 2017
Portugal
Try turning the wattage down and closing the airflow. I find the best flavor for my Zeus under 20watts with the airflow almost fully closed. Running .5 ohm 3 mm diameter 316l ss.

I use pretty much the same, 3mm ID 0.55 Ohm clapton SS316L at 25W/225C with 0,5s 45W boost on a DNA75. Airflow 1/4 open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread