Newbie hello and looking for advice !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie1606

Sep 10, 2021
Hi everyone!
I’m a new member called Louie :)

just looking for a little bit of advice ! I’ve just started vaping over Covid - I used to socially smoke and have vaped on nights out before etc but only just started using it regularly - primarily out of boredom and it helps my anxiety.

Just a few questions! If I’m drinking I can get though quite a bit of liquid and I was just wondering what was a safe limit to have?

I currently have a Voopoo Drag S, with a 4.5ml tank and I smoke between 25-35 watts. I make up my own shortfills with one nic shot which I believe is 3mg of nicotine?

If I’m drinking i’ll probably top up the tank about 3-4 times ( I obviously don’t vape till it’s empty) so maybe let’s say max 16ml? Is that a dangerous amount to be having ?
I sometimes have a bit of chest pangs which I’m not sure if it’s because of the nicotine ? It may just be anxiety palpitations

this is my other problem! Although it helps my overall anxiety it does trigger my health anxiety a little so just some advice on safe amounts that can’t hurt me would be really useful and appreciated !
Also occasionally my vape spits out some hot liquid whilst I’m vaping - is this dangerous as it’s going into my mouth? It’s never a lot, I think the coil gets oversaturated sometimes?

thank you for reading and any advice ! Thank you :)

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Welcome to ecf @Louie1606 :thumbs:

On a night out with the crowd, I might go through a couple of 4 mil tanks of 12mg juice. I wouldn't necessarily say it would be the nicotine causing the problem, but maybe the PG or VG. I know heavy VG will make my chest heavy the next day if I over do it.

I don't think the atomizer spit back is dangerous, but you should look at adjusting your coil because that's not any fun.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    If I’m drinking i’ll probably top up the tank about 3-4 times ( I obviously don’t vape till it’s empty) so maybe let’s say max 16ml? Is that a dangerous amount to be having ?
    I sometimes have a bit of chest pangs which I’m not sure if it’s because of the nicotine ? It may just be anxiety palpitations

this is my other problem! Although it helps my overall anxiety it does trigger my health anxiety a little so just some advice on safe amounts that can’t hurt me would be really useful and appreciated !
    Also occasionally my vape spits out some hot liquid whilst I’m vaping - is this dangerous as it’s going into my mouth? It’s never a lot, I think the coil gets oversaturated sometimes?

thank you for reading and any advice ! Thank you :)

Nicotine is a neurotoxin. It can certainly kill. However, it's very unlikely (perhaps next to impossible) to do so, or even to cause any serious damage, if you're an otherwise healthy person inhaling it in a regular vaping scenario. It would be a different matter if:
    • You were dealing with high concentration or pure nicotine (that requires a fume hood and other PPE)
    • You were to drink it (that can be deadly even at the concentrations we use for vaping)
    • You're using it as a pesticide or at high concentrations and get it on your skin

I think there are some pre-existing conditions that might make vaping dangerous, but I don't really know much about that.

The thing about vaping is that the nicotine takes effect so quickly that you'll be too miserable to vape (and too busy developing an intimate relationship with your toilet or other receptacle) long before you get enough to do real damage.

Common symptoms of a bit too much nicotine are:
    • Headache
    • Nausea
    • Dizziness
    • Tiredness
    • Heart racing (this may be your 'chest pangs')
    If you encounter these, stop vaping and you should be fine in about 20 minutes. You can lower the nicotine concentration you're vaping or slow down the pace before you start up again.

• Informative
    Reactions: smacuser

shauna7084

Unresolved Status
    Aug 28, 2021
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread