The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Noob here

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Matix04, Nov 24, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Matix04

Matix04 Full Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Toronto
    So I am reading about all these meets and to be honest I don't know about them but I know if I atteneded one I could gain a lot of knowledge I am in Toronto and just was wondering when and where these are

2. Matix04

Matix04 Full Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Toronto
    Lol I just noticed the sub-cat. I just missed one I see anyone know when the next one will be?

3. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome Matix04!
    I'm west coast, so I'm no help, but just wanted to welcome you and let you know it's a really friendly place to ask questions and get tons of advice and help. There are plenty of Toronto-area folks though that will be able to help with your first question :)

4. Matix04

Matix04 Full Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Toronto
    Thank you so much yeah I have been reading around here for awhile before I joined and started posting it is the first place on the Internet that I have seen such a supportive group like what we have here its really a breath of fresh air lol I like what I just did there lol but I know with a help line like this and the nastiness cigs leave in my mouth I will be here for awhile!!!!

5. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Welcome to the forum.

There is one meet in Richmond Hill that has more people attend since it's been going on forever - that's generally near the middle of the month on a Tuesday night. The one that's actually in Toronto just started and is around the first week of the month on a Saturday night. I don't think a date for the next 2 has been set.

Here is the information, including the usual location for the last 2, they are actually in the Happy Vaper sub-forum, because as a vendor their posts were deleted in the meet up sub-forum. I assume someone will probably post them in the meet up forum a week or two ahead of time though.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/happyvaper/344584-greater-toronto-area-get-together-34-a.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/happyvaper/344588-happy-vaper-downtown-toronto-vape-meet-2-a.html

6. iheartpoco

iheartpoco Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    London, Ontario
    This is by far the friendliest and most supportive forum I visit. Way nicer than cruisecritic, where it seems like almost every thread has at least one bitter, angry "expert" on the cruise industry flaming for something.

7. shades

shades Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    If you are ever getting nostalgic I will do my best to be mean

RAWR.. and grrr!! grumble grumble *mumbles under breath * I am right you are wrong..umm.. sumptin sumptin.. TAKE THAT!!!

8. bidslayer

bidslayer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2012
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Don't forget to invoke Godwin's Law, Shades. :)

9. shades

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    Holy crap woman! What you the internet conversation Nazi or something? I have to do things a certain way??? ;)

10. tygertyger

hahahahaha..... I had to wiki Godwin's law to get the joke.... but nice one you two ;)

11. Matix04

Matix04 Full Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Toronto
    Hahaha grumble grumble ... Love it hahaha

12. shades

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    Actually if you start running around giving new people bad/misinformation that tends to tickle my rage buttons :) but I do my ever so bestest to rage politely

13. tygertyger

Oh indeed, you rage ever so politely, and even with a healthy sprinkle of panache might I add.... ;)

14. shades

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    I am all about the reckless courage :D

15. Matix04

Matix04 Full Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Toronto
    Few I am glad I don't try and say anything about anything you terrify me

16. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    Welcome to the ECF - Unimatrix 01. 7 of 9 aka tygertyger will be your guide.

Vape meets....hmmmmh.... your best source of knowledge is here on the ECF. Yes we are the salt of the earth but please remember we are mostly mere humans. Small vape meets are great for knowledge building but large ones are mostly social gatherings.

17. Matix04

Matix04 Full Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Toronto
    Yeah I figured I just really want a tour guide lol

18. tygertyger

Oh, I love helping where I can! I'm still pretty new myself, but so excited and enthusiastic.... I'm learning so fast my head is spinning and I've literally been having dreams every night about vaping, DIY (mixing your own juice), mods, etc etc.... I've yet to make my own wick or coil, but I dream it every night lately!

I guess it's that I finally found something that helped me leave cigarettes where they belong.... in the dust in the ashtray. And that without any serious issues or trouble. I never imagined anything could make quitting so easy, and now that I've found it I wanna convert the world. I just wanna run up to people on the street who are smoking and show them my PV and talk their ears off.... but so far I've managed to refrain to firehosing friends and neighbors with information.

So in short....

Hi! I'm tyger and I'll be your tour guide! Please feel free to ask any and all questions you have, and keep your hands and arms inside the tour bus at all times, as we'll be travelling at light speed and covering lots of ground! ;)

hehehehe....

19. bidslayer

bidslayer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2012
    Ottawa, Ontario
    How very Canadian of you. :)

20. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    We were all noobs at some point, and with how things keep changing (even in the 5 months since I started) we'll always be noobs.

As to meets, you'll find meets posted here and (sometimes) here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.