The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Noob here

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Matix04, Nov 24, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. shades

shades Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    Amen brother amen!

2. Oriana871

Oriana871 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2012
    Toronto
    That's it, I'm having a vape meet. If people come, fine, if not, fine. It'll be on Roncesvalles on a Monday or Tuesday night. I'll post in the Meet Ups section when I confirm a date. I have a growing list of people interested in vaping so it'll be show & tell night.

3. shades

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    Have it in Perth on a Friday night and me and the better half will show up for sure!

4. Oriana871

Mar 1, 2012
    Toronto
    I find it interesting that the majority of ECF Canada folks live outside of TO. Makes it a bit difficult to get together.

5. Dusty_D

Dusty_D Original Guru Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Contrary to what us Torontonian's think, we are but a dot on the map of Canada. It does not surprise me to see folks from all over Canada here.

What we need, what we really need is a Canada wide event, but again, that could get expensive with flights and hotel thrown into the mix.

Wishful thinking on my part, perhaps! ;)

6. Oriana871

Mar 1, 2012
    Toronto
    I should have said that the majority of Ontario peeps live outside of TO. But yeah Canada wide event would be great. Someone was organizing one for Montreal months back, but haven't heard anything more about it

7. EgoTwist:)

EgoTwist:) Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2012
    T.Dot
    Did someone say they wanted a early christmas meet in Toronto/Mississauga/Brampton ??? , I would love to meet some local vapers !!!

8. Dusty_D

Supporting member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    I would expect one at Honest Lawyers either on the 11th or the 18th of December.

9. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ok, that makes much better sense.... At first you kind of came off like one of the stereotypes that thinks there is nothing but barren tundra beyond the southmost portion of Ontario ;) BC and AB seem to have rapidly growing and very active vaping communities also. It's great to see.

Hope the meet is well-attended and a good time for all :)

10. Oriana871

Mar 1, 2012
    Toronto
    No snobbery or pre-judged notions about the nation outside of TO from my end :). Just that downtown TO is heavily populated but doesn't seem to be reflected in numbers here.

11. Matix04

Matix04 Full Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Toronto
    Ok so I am considering grabbing a ego passthrough what does everyone think? To me 30 bucks seems too good to be true

12. shades

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    In my humble opinion, I would recommend looking at the twist :) Granted there is no passthrough, but it does provide you an easy opportunity to see if variable voltage even matters to you. It is a great device I have a few as does my better half.

Sure my daily is the zmax but when I was inbetween larger battery mods I used my twists for a few months quite happily.

13. RollandOfGilead

RollandOfGilead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    Yea, I`m with shades, get the twist... you can get the 1000mah twist for 30 dollars. and for the time it would take to charge the passthru is moot.

14. shades

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    WTG now I am wanting to have one!!

15. Matix04

Matix04 Full Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Toronto

See now you feel like I do!!!!

16. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    I vote for MISSISSAUGA

17. Matix04

Matix04 Full Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Toronto
    I vote for Scarborough hahaha

18. Oriana871

Mar 1, 2012
    Toronto
    The Twist rules!!!

I vote for TORONTO!!!

19. Dusty_D

Supporting member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    I'll throw in another East-side vote.. ;)

20. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

In total agreement with shades here. If you have more than one battery, and can keep at least one charged at all times, passthrough is no big deal. VV however opens up some new possibilities and options. If I had to choose, I'd go with the Twist for the same price. I got one, and I suspect I'll want another in the not-too-distant future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.