Noob needs help w my DIY nic base!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosted

Jan 30, 2015
CT
I'm using 100/mg/ml 100%VG Liquid Nic from LNW. I'm getting a funky aftertaste in all my juices when I add it.. from 3mg-24. I've tried to cut it at 40/40vg/pg n 10/10/water/alcohol.. it helped some but it's still present. Should I try with a higher pg n alcohol ratio? Or could it possibly be the place I ordered it from? The juices taste perfect until I get to this point so I know it's not the pg or vg aftertaste some people talk about. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Ghosted

Jan 30, 2015
CT
It's a light light peach color.. not yellow and way too light to be an orange, as some people say. There is a smell present tho I can't put my finger on it. I've heard people talk about a pepper taste or smell.. so, and I know better. I went up to the bottle to smell it and I can see what people mean by. I did get that "pepper" feel when breathed in but without the harshness of it, it wasn't too bad but what do I know. =)

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
For funky tastes or smells, the best advice I can give you is change one thing at a time and see if it made a difference. So maybe start just by mixing it down with your PG only, then do a very small batch with VG only (after maybe vaping both of these liquids on their own to make sure the issue is not with them)

After you do that, if you still are getting the funkiness, I suppose you'll have no choice but to get a different nic base.

Perhaps someone else will have something else to offer to help, as I said, I have never used that vendor.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Definitely sounds like good advice. Ya I'm gonna try that and also 1 of each w 10%alcohol to try to mask or get rid of it. Otherwise I'm just gonna try another vendor.. I hear extreme nic is pretty good. Gonna put the work in 1st tho. Thanks alot for the advice.

You're welcome Ghosted. I used to use Wizard Labs almost exclusively, but recently I've been buying from My Freedom Smokes - they have a liter of 100mg/ml for $40 during sale periods and $50 normally. It's good clean nic.

Of course there are many other vendors out there - you might want to take a look around the DIY E-Liquid for more ideas.

Oh and I didn't welcome you to the forum, so I will do that right now - Welcome! :toast:

The nicotine I use to mix with is clear & odorless, I just use gloves, eyewear etc. with a plastic syringe and aim for 1mL per every 10mL of E-juice.

Vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol & nicotine i've noticed are all oderless and clear, with vg having a kind of sweet taste.

Maybe try vg by itself, pg by itself, then nicotine free E-juice by itself so you can do a process of elimination.

Might be worth ordering a few different small samples of your nicotine/pg/vg from a few different vendors to find the better ones?

Ghosted

Jan 30, 2015
CT
Yea I've tested n tried the VG n PG each alone and with flavors.. from 100% VG to 100% PG to 50/50,70/30,30/70 and it's definitely coming down to the Liquid Nic when I add it. It's 100% VG and when cut w just VG.. it leaves a gross aftertaste. I've cut it down to 40/40/10/10vg/pg/h20/Alc. It helps some but is still slightly there. I'm guessing I bought a less refined liquid nic? If it helps.. as I got it in the 500ml bottle and it has a slight peach/light orange color with a slight peppery burn to the nose. I'm gonna order from somewhere else but also keep experimenting with different ways to cut the taste out. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread