Noob Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejena

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Seattle, WA
Hi everyone! :)

Admittedly, I've only been lurking a day or so, but...

Two weeks ago, the lady at the smoke shop recommended checking out e-cigarettes to me. Currently I'm at 1/2 PAD, but my next contract for work won't let me have the luxury of a smoke break, combined with really long hours. I've done patches before, but I've always been the type to go about 3 hours before I realize I need a smoke. And then really jonesing for one! While the patch helped, it was just too steady of a drip. As for the gum, well... I always resembled a rabid squirrel gnawing viciously away at my gum. Enough so, that my coworkers laugh, and then run. :oops:

So, three days ago I bought a disposable, Tsunami if I remember correctly, just to see how it would work. Since then, I bought the Halo Triton in midnight blue, their gourmet sampler pack at 12 mg (, and another sampler pack from Mountain Oak Vapors (vanilla dream, chai tea latte, and caramela at 9mg). I've been hating the taste of smokies for at least 6 months, and I really have no desire to taste another if I can avoid it.

But, my Tsunami ran out, and I attempted to have a smokie which just tasted nasty to me, and immediately walked back over to the smoke store to buy something to tide me over. I picked up an Awyzie, Awzyie High Quality Set of 1100mAh Rechargeable E-Cigarette with 1.6ml Visible CE4 Tank Atomizer, Charger (Silver) - Health & Wellness - Daily Living Aids - Medication Aids whatever that is, without any research, and a bottle of Spokane Super Sauce Vanilla at 24mg.

All I can think of is patiently waiting for this thing to charge up before I want to scratch my eyeballs out! :p

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Because the patch and gum still made you want to smoke, you might try to stick to the higher mg nicotine like your bottle of 24mg. Your battery is an ego if you did not know. You might want to try some different clearomizers. The tank at the top is a CE4 and in my experience, they clog and don't work right after a few days of regular use. A lot of newbies like Kanger Evod and Kanger MT3 or T3. I used the MT3s mostly when I first started vaping and they are a pretty dependable, fill and vape type of product.

Good luck to you. When I started vaping, it really was more satisfying that an actual cig and I love the different flavors of ejuice.

dejena

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Seattle, WA
Thanks Jazzi Mike, I didn't know that all about the device I just picked up. All I knew is that the analog I smoked earlier, while my preferred brand, just tasted nasty and made me cough. No lung butter, but still, eeeeew.

By the way, when inhaling, should I inhale into the lungs? Or puff on it like a cigar? Or is this really more of a personal preference?

Thanks again to everyone who posted, I need all the help I can get!

ETA: Good thing I have the 24mg now, and the lower nic's coming in the mail. Hehe

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
Less than 24 hours later...

And I've already vaped 2.5ml, gone through one charge on the battery, and grateful not only for all the advice here but also for picking up a 24 mg bottle in the beginning. Admittedly, my apartment smells like vanilla now.

No need to pick up any scented candles in my future!
Welcome and congratulations on finding a setup that's working for you. One small bit of advice: if you're counting on using your e-cig setup to stay off of cigarettes, have backups....and backups for your backups. It's good to have at least two batteries (if not 3 or 4) and a spare charger.

By the way, when inhaling, should I inhale into the lungs? Or puff on it like a cigar? Or is this really more of a personal preference?
Personal preference. With e-cigs, most of the nicotine is absorbed through your mouth/nose as opposed to in your lungs, so some people inhale, hold it in their mouth for a couple seconds, then exhale....or do a very short inhale and exhale slowly through both the mouth and nose. Many say this is the most efficient method of delivering nicotine. Here's a great post which explains technique in much greater detail:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

warrenao

Jul 26, 2013
Arizona
Welcome and congratulations on finding a setup that's working for you. One small bit of advice: if you're counting on using your e-cig setup to stay off of cigarettes, have backups....and backups for your backups. It's good to have at least two batteries (if not 3 or 4) and a spare charger.

Just jumping in to add an amen to that. It is exasperating to wait for a charge.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
Just jumping in to add an amen to that. It is exasperating to wait for a charge.
Even more exasperating if your one battery (or charger) stops working! Most of these devices are made in China and quality control isn't exactly their strong point. I had a 600 mAh passthrough battery quit working after three days (fortunately it was in rotation with two other batteries), and one of my chargers started getting quirky after a couple weeks. If I only had one of either of them, I would have been out of luck - and most likely back on the cigarettes. I now have backups at least 3-4 deep on batteries, chargers, juice devices (tanks/clearos) and spare cartos/clearo heads...not to mention a fairly extensive juice collection.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
One thing I see no one has mentioned yet is that the nic in vapor is absorbed much more in your mouth, sinuses and nasal passages than it is form smoke - might want to try holding the vapor in your mouth a couple of seconds, then letting it out your nose to curb the nic cravings better. You can still do the lung inhale too, if you like the feeling of having something to inhale.

dejena

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Seattle, WA

Personal preference. With e-cigs, most of the nicotine is absorbed through your mouth/nose as opposed to in your lungs, so some people inhale, hold it in their mouth for a couple seconds, then exhale....or do a very short inhale and exhale slowly through both the mouth and nose. Many say this is the most efficient method of delivering nicotine. Here's a great post which explains technique in much greater detail:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

Thanks for the link and the advice! Guess I better order more batteries, and stronger juice.

I've been finding/practicing holding the vapor in my mouth. Already, my lungs are much happier, and my throat isn't drying out. Yay!

Although, I did try the nostril thing... Nearly made it through the whole exhale before collapsing and coughing! I'm sure it would of made a funny sight :)

Thankfully I ready somewhere on this forum about increasing water intake. You guys weren't kidding about that, I swear I drink so much more water now!

dejena

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Seattle, WA
Even more exasperating if your one battery (or charger) stops working! Most of these devices are made in China and quality control isn't exactly their strong point. I had a 600 mAh passthrough battery quit working after three days (fortunately it was in rotation with two other batteries), and one of my chargers started getting quirky after a couple weeks. If I only had one of either of them, I would have been out of luck - and most likely back on the cigarettes. I now have backups at least 3-4 deep on batteries, chargers, juice devices (tanks/clearos) and spare cartos/clearo heads...not to mention a fairly extensive juice collection.

Heh, perhaps it's a good thing i cleared out a large drawer for this adventure, huh?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yes indeed, backups of the backups.

I'd suggest getting one of the bottom coil units to compare to what you have. The CE4 is a top coil, and vapes a bit different. No right or wrong, just a difference, and you get to make the choice on which you prefer. The Kanger Evod or T3s is a good choice for a bottom coil.

The CE4 is probably NOT rebuildable. Later models like the CE5 are, you can just get new coils / heads for them and keep using the same tube and base. Cheaper. Likewise, the Kangers are rebuildable.

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread