Noob trying out DIY and trying to re-create something

Status
Not open for further replies.

RudestBuddhist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Rochester, NY
Well, I bought a crap-load of supplies from WizardLabs and TPA and I've been experimenting. I got the ejuice Me Up app as well as the ejuice iOS app and I've been playing around with different recipes.

First off, does anyone have a recipe similar to VaporCast's Southern Freeze? It's a strawberry peach menthol and I've been trying to come up with something similar with no success.

I've also been trying to make VaporCast's Adam's Apple using both the ejuice Me Up recipe and tips from their youtube video. I'm using TPA's green apple, but it tastes very perfumey. Am I adding too much/ too little? The eJuice Me Up recipe doesn't seem to have that much menthol in it, so I need to make some adjustments.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
If it tastes of chemicals or perfume, then there's a very good chance that you've mixed it too strong. Some flavorings just have that attribute, though.

I have their Juicy Peach flavoring, and it's quite nice. I think I like it as a standalone at around 8%. For that 'strawberry peach menthol' DIY, I'd probably try them in that order of strength, with strawberry as the lead, though that's just what sounds good to me.

I like to mix a a very small tasting batch whenever I get a new flavoring. If I have no clue as to how strong it is, I'll mix 1 drop flavoring with 19 drops VG (because I don't like PG), warm and shake/stir it well, and usually let it sit for awhile. That's roughly 5%. After trying a couple of drops in an atty, I'll add plain VG and/or another drop of flavoring until I zero in on the percentage that seems good for a standalone flavoring, accounting for what I vaped. That gives me a rough figure to work with when I make my first recipe with that.

Just keep in mind that if you have three flavorings that all work well alone at 10%, for instance, then you'd probably want about that number, or just a bit higher, for the sum of all of them. Like 6% strawberry, 3% peach, and 2% coconut, for example. It often works well to let one flavor be dominant over the others, too.

RudestBuddhist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Rochester, NY
Is this the Adam's Apple you're aiming for?
Adam's Apple
This one is considerably different than the one in eJuice Me Up.
Perfumey taste usually means too much flavoring, so you probably want to tone that one down. TPA's Green Apple is pretty strong.

Sorry can't help you with the other.

Yep, that's the Adam's Apple I'm making. I tried the one from the video and there was way too much menthol. The one from the eJuice Me Up app is way too perfumey. So far, I suck at this ;)

RudestBuddhist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Rochester, NY
If it tastes of chemicals or perfume, then there's a very good chance that you've mixed it too strong. Some flavorings just have that attribute, though.

I have their Juicy Peach flavoring, and it's quite nice. I think I like it as a standalone at around 8%. For that 'strawberry peach menthol' DIY, I'd probably try them in that order of strength, with strawberry as the lead, though that's just what sounds good to me.

I like to mix a a very small tasting batch whenever I get a new flavoring. If I have no clue as to how strong it is, I'll mix 1 drop flavoring with 19 drops VG (because I don't like PG), warm and shake/stir it well, and usually let it sit for awhile. That's roughly 5%. After trying a couple of drops in an atty, I'll add plain VG and/or another drop of flavoring until I zero in on the percentage that seems good for a standalone flavoring, accounting for what I vaped. That gives me a rough figure to work with when I make my first recipe with that.

Just keep in mind that if you have three flavorings that all work well alone at 10%, for instance, then you'd probably want about that number, or just a bit higher, for the sum of all of them. Like 6% strawberry, 3% peach, and 2% coconut, for example. It often works well to let one flavor be dominant over the others, too.

I think I'll mix up a small batch of 6% strawberry, 4% peach, and 2% menthol to see how it comes out. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread