Not Gonna Buy Any More Premixed E-juice. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
Well, I didn't die, amazing what a protein shake, a couple oranges and a short nap will do.

Everyone get a pencil and paper 'cause I'm only going to say this once, if you don't copy it right the first time tough cookies.

APPLE FRITTER

Ratman renamed it
FLAMING APPLE FRITTER

Obviously you can use any PG/VG base and nic mg that you prefer, I use a 65PG/35VG base at 24mg.

Since, as they say, taste is subjective people may prefer different brands of flavoring but I tend to use Capella with the one exception in this mix being TFA Cinnamon Red Hots. This is the closest I've found to the old jawbreaker Fireball.

Capella Apple Pie............................ 8 to 10% (Adjust to taste)

Capella Cinnamon Danish Swirl.......... 8 to 10% (Adjust to taste)

TFA Cinnamon Red Hots.................... There is no percentage for this ingredient, it is merely added to give a stronger Cinnamon taste and to create a nuclear explosion in your mouth. To give you an idea of how hot I like it I buy 2, 30ml bottles of Red Hots at a time. (I found that trying to skip the Red Hots and just using a higher percentage of Cinnamon Danish Swirl does not mimic the Cinnamon effect, it actually dulls the flavor and throat hit.

Red Apple or Red Apple/Green Apple combination. (High Desert Vapes sells a really good Red Apple/Green Apple flavoring. I add it to my juice, gives it just a hint of a tart apple flavor. It's not imperative that you use it but it does add just a little something. Sometimes I add a straight Red Apple flavoring, gives the juice a bit of an apple slice coated in cinnamon flavor. I find it to be very refreshing.

Sucralose........................................ Add to taste. I like a very sweet juice so I use quite a bit. Make note that Capella flavors are UNSWEETENED so even if you don't like a real sweet taste you'll probably still need some sweetener in it. EM, (cotton candy), does not work nearly as well for sweetening as Sucralose but some may prefer it.

Natural lemon juice or LorAnn's, Tart & Sour, (they both do the same thing).... This will bring out the apple flavor by giving it a little POP. Start by adding 1 drop per ml then adjust for taste.

Vinegar, either white or Apple Cider. Brings out the desert portion of the mix, (pie crust and danish). Use the same as the lemon juice, start with 1 drop per ml then after steeping for a while adjust for taste. (Don't worry about the vinegar smell, it goes away with as little as a short hot water bath or just plain steeping. There is no reason to leave the bottle cap off.

There are many, many permutations of this juice and it's actually kinda fun finding 2 or 3 that hits the spot depending on the mood of your taste buds at the moment. If you make it like I do I would caution against putting it in a plastic tank but Reo bottles are not a problem what so ever.

This is a juice that does benefit from some steeping. Even though you can vape it right away it really starts to shine after about a week or so.

If you mix some of this up and you don't like it don't come complaining to me... I don't like your tobacco juices either.

Jack

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
100%VG unflavored is surprisingly pleasant. Super X is on to something..... I'm really digging the simplicity of 'clear' and premium delivery devices.

Cruise control baby!!

Why any ex non menthol smoker would vape anything else still surprises me. :)

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Another experiment that turned out surprisingly well. This a tobacco vape with some complex, sweet, undertones:

2% FA Dark Vapure
2% TPA Double Chocolate (dark)
1% TPA Bavarian Cream
0.5% TPA Smooth

Let steep for awhile before passing final judgement. :thumb:

Goes great with my morning coffee.

Last edited:

merriweather

Jan 18, 2011
Missour-ah :p
I'm having the worst time with DIY, I was wondering if someone could offer some input.

I've been mixing with pg and vg from wizard labs, using TFA flavors put into a kanger protank. I made someone's ecto-1 recipe (lemon lime, tuttifrutty, hawaiian punch and cotton candy) and it turned out cloudy and tasted like plastic. I've had that taste before when I tried to vape an old ejuice I had.
I also added some pineapple into a flavor, and it turned oily looking as if it won't mix.
I miss wanting to reach for my ecig because I'm hooked on a flavor.
Are there any good trouble shooting tips to help avoid the above?

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I'm having the worst time with DIY, I was wondering if someone could offer some input.

I've been mixing with pg and vg from wizard labs, using TFA flavors put into a kanger protank. I made someone's ecto-1 recipe (lemon lime, tuttifrutty, hawaiian punch and cotton candy) and it turned out cloudy and tasted like plastic. I've had that taste before when I tried to vape an old ejuice I had.
I also added some pineapple into a flavor, and it turned oily looking as if it won't mix.

Some flavorings contain a bit of oil that will separate from the rest of the mix. They can be hell on coils, but don't have any known health risks. Shake vigorously and often.

For your fruit DIY recipes, try 1 or 2 drops of lemon juice or LorAnn Tart & Sour per 5mL.

You can also make some small batches of your individual flavorings at 5% so you can taste each one individually. You might be able to nail down the plastic tasting offender. If so, toss it and try the same flavor of a different brand.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

You might have to let that one steep/resting awhile to get a good taste. Some flavors do not mix well at first. I know you want to try it, but don't be surprised if the taste is off.

Some flavors tend to separate more than others. Again steeping/resting a juice and shaking at least a few times a day can help.

I can't recommend the oil based flavors. Never used them because of the problems.

El Diablo Marrón

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Tacoma Wa,

I have always had a problem with ecto recipes I think it is the oil in the citrus flavors.
And the tpa hawaiian punch has always tasted plasticy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread