Not happy with my reomizer and reo grand recent purchase.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Southern Maryland
Yes, would really like to help with the vape but like Raynman mentioned above, without pictures of the build, it would be nearly impossible. We'll get you vaping like a rockstar - just put a nice close up of the coil / wick on here :)

This is what we 'll be shooting for :

ary6aduv.jpg

You give me coil envy... just sayin! :toast:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
no sure my awg but i got the higher number one so its probably thinner , i figured out the leak problem i had to much cotton. but how thick of a vaper cloud should i expect? i get more then a protank but still ALOT less then a genesis as well

Picture of wick / coil please :)

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
oh ya i did notice bottom inside area ocasionally does leak and i have to clean the battery area and bottle but i could have overtightned it or somethign

If you are getting juice inside the three most common things are 1) Smashing the center pin gasket by tightening atty too tightly which could result in damage to gasket, potential short, if damaged, and need for replacement center pin and gasket. 2) Overflow from well, down into the door and to inside; easily remedied by not flooding atty. 3) Tube not fitting tightly enough on metal nipple. This is rare. Many of us don't even put a dab of super glue on when we replace tubes and have no leaking. (It used to be and probably still it standard for REO to put a tiny dab of glue on nipple before sliding tube all the way up.) I've had REOs for 3 years and I've mainly replaced tubes from re-homed REOs that retained foul-to-me flavors from previous user. (I have very narrow range of flavor preference.) On a couple of first run 14500 Woodvils the nipple isn't very long so the tubes pop off when I'm refilling bottles. I just slip them back on and no leaks. Also, if there is any kind of obstruction in tube, from air lock or gunk, over compressing bottle can potentially dislodge the tube from nipple. Ever had a juice bottle nipple pop off when trying to squeeze really thick juice through a very narrow nipple? Same principle.

As far as taste, vapor, TH...... I've been building RBAs for over a year and just started using cotton and micro coils Spring 2013. Some of my builds are much better producing than others. Practice and asking questions.

Surley hope you can get your satisfaction soon. And welcome to REOville.

{edit} Just thought of fourth thing that can let juice inside but actually more. If the juice bottle cap is not on tightly enough and/or o-ring in cap is not correctly seated you can get leaking out of bottle especially if you have to squeeze bottle, squonk, with much pressure. Having to squonk with little more than gentle pressure usually indicates a blockage in tube or some other issue with tube, bottle, cap, o-ring or bottom of tube resting on bottle bottom. These things are rare but there have been a couple of reports of blocked tubes in new REOs. For old REOs it, of course, is more understandable that there might be something, like old juice, blocking tube.

Last edited:

greigster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
United Kingdom
I have found that occasionally, when screwing on the top cap to the RM2, it can drag the cotton wool clockwise from the coil end opposite the feed hole and covers the coil. This results in lack of flavour and vapour......in my case it is user error (excess cotton wool), but I am still a Reonoob. Remove the drip tip to see if the coil is getting covered with the wool.

jerrsun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
los angeles
Hey misterkorean, even though im a noob too ive got my mini reo and rm2 set up for a great vape with no leaking or vapor/flavor issues. I'm out in LA so if you still cant get it figured out with all the help here shoot me a PM and we can meet for coffee or something and I can take a look at your grand for you...

davewuvswaffles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Philadelphia
안녕하세요

I'd strongly recommend the following:
-28 gauge Kanthal A1/Nichrome 60 or lower between .4-1.5 ohms based on your preference.

-Sterile rolled cotton as wicking material, it's much easier to use too much cotton than too little IMO but less is more

-Figure out what way you will typically hold the Reo and position your airhole to be perpendicular to the ground when you're using it.

-Make sure your air hole feeds directly onto the coil and position the coil accordingly.

-Do not over squonk; try seeing how many drags you take before the wick gets dry and get a feel for it rather than rewetting the wick too often

-With microcoils, practice makes perfect. You'll figure out what best works for you after a few builds. If you want, you can always make a simpler copy of darkzero's coil jig for perfect coils every time.

-Make sure your feed tube has been installed correctly, if it's not sealed against the metal tip, you may experience leaking (that sounds like a robot condom psa)

As for the cap, are you screwing it down? It shouldn't fall off easily whatsoever. If you're struggling to get the airhole to match up with the coil, try adding an o-ring to the RM2 so you don't need to screw the whole way to make it tight.

Edit:

What darkzero's jig looks like: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ro-coil-darkzero-coil-jig-2.html#post10641275

MikeDG's lego darkzero jig: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/470905-lego-micro-coil-jig.html

My toy block jig: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/472662-spring-what-spring-33.html#post11038709

Last edited:

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Why is it that I love Reoville so much?

Hey misterkorean, even though im a noob too ive got my mini reo and rm2 set up for a great vape with no leaking or vapor/flavor issues. I'm out in LA so if you still cant get it figured out with all the help here shoot me a PM and we can meet for coffee or something and I can take a look at your grand for you...

^^^ Because of that right there. ^^^ If this isn't the best forum and group of people I don't know what is.
I love this place!

tfnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
arkansas
I broke out my AGAT-2 last night just to compare it to my REO. The AGAt put out alot of vapor( air hole drilled out to 1/16) the flavor is not bad at all....now the Reo,micro coil,stock air hole fresh battery...BIG, thick, heavy, semi warm vape,the flavor is not as muted as with the AGAT-2. I hope you get yours lined out.It is really a great experience. A great community here with lots of info too. Will i still use my other equipment? You bet ! Love to tinker and love my toys lol. The difference is my REO is now my go device that i compare everything else too.

i ended up with a very good vape with a non microcoil. although microcoil produced vapor the ohms i was getting was lowest at 1.7 or 1.8 and i had to warm it up before vaping which i did not want to wait lol. So i 3 wrapped the steel mesh and placed a silica over the coil and steel mesh sorta like the protanks have on there's and my what a good vape instant clouds comparable to a genesis like cloud but warmer could be that i didn't enlarge the hole but maybe that will produce even bigger colder vape but i dont want to damage the reomizer if it causes issues so i will leave it stocked for now

thnx guyz an what is it that we call are selfs? reonaults? what is that anyways ? lol

ilikedawgs

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
i ended up with a very good vape with a non microcoil. although microcoil produced vapor the ohms i was getting was lowest at 1.7 or 1.8 and i had to warm it up before vaping which i did not want to wait lol. So i 3 wrapped the steel mesh and placed a silica over the coil and steel mesh sorta like the protanks have on there's and my what a good vape instant clouds comparable to a genesis like cloud but warmer could be that i didn't enlarge the hole but maybe that will produce even bigger colder vape but i dont want to damage the reomizer if it causes issues so i will leave it stocked for now

thnx guyz an what is it that we call are selfs? reonaults? what is that anyways ? lol

I love a happy ending to a story! Congrats!

Scent from an electronic thingy

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com

That's great news! We all vape our Reos differently. I don't use micro coils...not knocking them, I'm just happy with my "standard" coil set up. I get plenty of warmth, flavor and TH. If you don't want to drill the hole bigger, but want to cool your vape...you might want to try a longer drip tip. That may just nudge the temp down low enough to feed your need. :)

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL

The bigger airhole on your genesis is definitely a reason for bigger clouds. If you bore yours that big, then it is reasonable that you'd get much less clouds on the RM2 with the stock airhole. With the right setup your RM2 should blow the same/probably bigger clouds than a genesis should that be your aim.

Glad to know you got it working!

Last edited:

brfrompa

Sep 13, 2013
Emmaus, PA
Yes, would really like to help with the vape but like Raynman mentioned above, without pictures of the build, it would be nearly impossible. We'll get you vaping like a rockstar - just put a nice close up of the coil / wick on here :)

This is what we 'll be shooting for :

ary6aduv.jpg

What gauge wire is used in that coil?

Brent
k101, ITaste VV, REO Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread