Status
Not open for further replies.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Morning folks :)

Tracy I'm the same way. I, at the very least make sure there is still juice in my tanks for wake up time. It's hard enough to get coffee made with Katie quacking at me before I hit the bottom of the stairs...an empty tank would push me right on over the edge!

I haven't read up on the Lemo II, but I know a leaker doesn't belong in my arsenal either.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Hopefully all will go well and she'll have good vision from here on out !!!!!!!!!

Got too thinking about filling that Lemo II....Close the air flow is directed....Well it dawned on me that even with the air cranked shut it was still open through the drip tip..Juice was running out through the bottom air hole when filling...So I close the air and keep my finger over the drip tip........WaaahhhhLahhhh !!!!!!!
NO FREEKIN' LEEKIN!!!!!!!!!!!! let's see how long that lasts...Thinking I'll shove a foam ear plug in the drip tip to free up my finger as it get's complicated otherwise...

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Dee, I just watched a vid on the lemo II and there is a leak free solution to your problem! Lay the tank on it's side on your table (air holes closed) open the fill port, fill leaving a little air space, close. It's actually the way the instructions that come with it say to do it ;)

Now, I got a question. Will using a thicker gauge wire help reduce distortion when changing wicks? This 29 is wicked thin.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
I change wicks in 30 by rolling them from the ends like when I insert them and twisting slightly and gently till they turn. Snip off one end and screw them out. Once in a while one gets stuck but I use cotton and it will turn loose most of the time. A rinse first helps.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Yeah, I do that too Wuzz, kinda hold the coil in place gently while I twist it out. I was thinking about ordering some pre coiled ones in the .5-.6ohm range and see some that are 26g, 4mm dia. instead of the 29g, 3mm dia. 1.2's that I already have.

Dee, the ear plug is pure southern genius! Hope it works, but if not, try the horizontal fill I mentioned :laugh:

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Yeah bigger wire will help with distortion...I also clip one side when removing the wick...26G is the largest wire I've got....debating 24G for these 2.5 and 3mm coils..I hit my new coils with some voltage prior too wicking....Make "em GLOW!!!! I wanna see the glow come up....Maybe a little rake or adjustment but it's gotta come up too orange evenly....It oxidizes after a bunch of heat/cool cycles...I feel that it helps the coil take a "set" ....meaning it'll stay where you put it...4 PVs at the ready...Only the Nauty Mini with a pre-built coil....Finally dry burnt and rewicked the Plasma tanked K Fun today during a break in the action..The coil was old and had been sitting a month but looked good....Got Buckshot's XXX in the Nauty...For a side by side I threw XXX in the Plasma....I'll say this....I respect the Nauty a little more tonight...It's great in both tanks and a little different flavor from both...I expect the Plasma will gain a little flavor by tomorrow though....

oly_r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Marylandistan
Some help with my IPV4, i charged up the batteries and put the nautilus on with a 1.8 ohm coil. When i put it on the IPV4 in power mode it shows 2ohm but the resistance shown when i press the two buttons together is .050. How do i get this to show correctly or am i missing something?

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina

Oly, I'm not very familiar with the workings of the ipv4, have you tried removing the nauty, change to wattage mode (is that it's power mode?) turn it off. Then put your nauty on and power it back on. If you have a multi meter or a resistance box, check the nauty's resistance on those to verify that it is not a dud coil head.

Hopefully someone else will have an idea for you.

oly_r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Marylandistan

Oly, I'm not very familiar with the workings of the ipv4, have you tried removing the nauty, change to wattage mode (is that it's power mode?) turn it off. Then put your nauty on and power it back on. If you have a multi meter or a resistance box, check the nauty's resistance on those to verify that it is not a dud coil head.

Hopefully someone else will have an idea for you.

I did try that too, in normal (not tc) mode it does show the correct resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread