Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
El Dee, try holding the base of the nautilus and loosen the top cap first, even if you need pliers to loosen it. Makes it much easier to unscrew the base with no need to put pressure on the glass. I had one shatter in my hand once. Luckily, I didn't get cut and had a spare glass so was back in business quickly.

I have tried that to release some pressure. It did not work for me because the top cap was locked up as tight as the bottom. I have had limited success with putting vg on the bottom seal but that does not even work all of the time. I have also had one shatter in my hand while I was taking one apart to clean. UGH!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Morning ladies and gents :)

I can't help but laugh at our moms!! If we put Katie and Dee's mom together, Katie would be putting all those tools up and keeing the walkway cleared. No tellin where she'd put it all, but it wouldn't be visible or hinder the path! She was outside in the rain sweeping the water off the sidewalk and driveway when I got up.

It is funny. Sometimes. My mom is more like Katie. During hurricane hugo, the back half of our roof was blown off our house. The dining room was flooding and the wind was howling through the house. Where was she? Getting a mop of course :laugh: She was literally mopping the dining room floor while the dining room had trees it it and water pouring in!

Last edited:

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
My Nauty is a mini....tried holding both caps tonight...didn't come loose...and heh....getting things to come loose is a specialty of mine....with the pliers it's no problemohh...that bottom seal usually looks pretty dang juiced up so I'm thinking it's lubed up fine...Other than requiring the pliers it's a great little tank for the Shark...

Hope the new tank works out Bov..

Got my lenses today...Damn things were harder to get in than getting that dang Nauty open....but I got them in...I like the 4057s for several reasons....no side light and great on the motorcycle...Now I got a new pair and an old pair with new lenses....Next mission will be getting the tortoise shell pair repaired....You never can tell when you may need a high class set of shades....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Morning folks :)

Dee, I didn't get the whole tank, just a replacement rba. Sweet Vapes has them for $6.95...grabbed a replacement air flow controller bottom cap and another set of black o rings too.

I pulled a good one to finish losing my mind last night. I top off my tanks before I settle in to watch tv around midnight each night. Both my KSMs have the rbas in them, one needed the wick rearranged a bit so I took the top cap off the rba and moved the wick to clear the juice holes. Filled the tank, slapped the rba back in and shook it to mix the old and new juice. Juice went flying EVERYWHERE!! Dumbazz forgot to screw the top back on the rba :facepalm:

Strut those fancy sunglasses Dee!

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Would've bet the bank it was Wednesday...Thanks for clearing that up Wuzz....not that betting the bank would've resulted in a huge loss....

Been getting some real frog stranglers here the last 24 hours...My car trailer had a paste of pollen covering it so I washed it yesterday...Pulled it around with an equally pasty tractor so when I dropped the trailer I brought the tractor back too the wash pit...Almost finished with that when the bottom fell out...Listening to the Ft. Bragg boys lobbing mortars ATM....The old question....Is it thunder or Ft. Bragg...Mom has a section of vinyl siding that looks melted....Saw where the energy efficient windows in Cary were reflecting and burning neighboring homes...Thinking Mom's is getting melted by a carriage light on front of the garage...Gonna switch the two lights for some with frosted glass and see if that helps...Then I gotta see if I can change the vinyl around...Hurricanes and such have left Mom's house with three different shades of vinyl...All on different sides so it's not noticeable...this spot is right by the steps too the back door....Got a call from an old friend asking if the Dodge was for sale....it's not but as always it can be bought...Quick check of similar trucks reveals that I got a pretty good deal 10 years ago....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I don't know our total rainfall, but some of the surrounding towns have had upwards of 6" of rain over the last few days. I'm betting ours is near that as well. So far...DRY basement!! Woohoo!! Granted, the lawn and shrubs around the foundation sucked up a lot now that it's growing season, but I'm hoping that fixing the grade away from the foundation, reworking the slope on the downspouts, and the concrete patching/crack sealing has helped.

Glad you got a laugh Fran! I had to soak a paper towel with alcohol to clean my keyboard after the juice storm last night :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread