The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

NotCigs refugee thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FranC, Nov 11, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. El Dee

El Dee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Since freezing that azz off isn't high on my list of priorities I stayed in most of the day...Cleaning and such...I did manage too throw out the old plasma tv...Made dang sure to destroy it as much as possible when I threw it out of the truck...that old girl was HEAVY!!!

Wicks and such...I'm still using yarn....Verm's hemp wick got me to doing a little research...This lead too the conclusion that the Japanese organic cotton may be worth the effort...Further digging and I found Japanese organic wick in yarn form...Green Wick I think it was called...7.49 for 10 feet and free shipping...Diameter wise....maybe it will play with the 5/64ths coil and maybe not...Bottom line I can adjust that and if there is a gain too be had I will soon know...I always roll with the more is better line of thinking and that's why I like the yarn...pulling off a sheet and I'll always use too much...I also looked at hemp and rayon...hemp wise I'd likely go with Nick's Wick...rayon is just too "industrial"...All three looked too be pretty similar in wicking abilities...Good old Merican organic cotton always finished dead last out of the four tested...They would laugh at my yarn. Still it works pretty good...

2. 908Tracy

908Tracy Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    I use cotton too ElDee, but truth be told, I do not like the feel of it, never have. It's dry and just gives me the willies rolling it in my palms. Good thing my love of vaping outweighs my hatred of touching cotton.

Nick's Wick? That's got a ring to it!!!! :)

3. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
  4. 908Tracy

Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    Evening Fran!!! Are you staying warm up there? I hope so! :)

ETA....and with that Miss Madison is asking for the pc, so I have to call it a night. :) See all you fine people tomorrow!

5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Have a good night,Tracy:) Plenty warm in here but it's only 25 out there.

6. Bovinia

Bovinia Divine Bovine ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Evening all :)

Funny you mention your plasma tv, Dee. I was telling Katie earlier that she should get herself a new tv for Christmas. Her big old clunker is about 15 years old, and this might be a good time of year for her to find a good deal on a new one. I suggested about a 42" one for her small den.

Reading reviews is always good to head you in the right direction, but what's rated #1 is still what works best for you! I discovered the regular guy at the quickie where I buy Katie's milk is a vaper and he laughed at me for still using a carto tank. I told him the same thing I said above...while I laughed on the inside about him running a Nautilus on an Ego Spinner :laugh: He did tell me there is a new vape store right up the road a few miles from me tho. I'll have to go check it out.

I didn't even poke my head outside today, mid 30s right now.

7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Evening,Bov:) Our upcoming forecast is quite frigid to say the least.

8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
  9. Bovinia

Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Low to mid 40s for highs the next few days here, I'm ok with that.

Sweet dreams Fran :)

10. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    Fresno, Ca
    Not this Nick, Tracy :)

Dee I've been using Japanese cotton for quite a while and it's easy to find 100 pads for under $12.

I've been testing a prototype glass chimney for the KF and it is sweet. On this one the glass is threaded but the final will have a ss base. It's working great and it almost invisable.... I'm diggin' it !!!

[​IMG]

11. El Dee

El Dee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Bov you know Wally Wurld isn't exactly my favorite place to shop...That said I was in my usual pinch when the plasma wonked out...WW offered 24 months same as cash,,,So heck yeah I dived into the deep end and got the 60 inch Vizio...I'm over half way on the deal payment wise and way ahead of the 24 month thingy...So far the Vizio is great...I coulda' dang near bought two Vizios for what i paid for the 42 Samsung plasma that now resides in the landfill...

I'd driven my Dodge the night I picked up the plasma...Little did I know my boss and his wife spied me as I walked into the store with my then girlfriend...They quickly found my truck and my boss got his wife to write me a note...even went so far as to stick it on my GF's side...The note was supposedly from an old GF...Just one more time I caught hell for doing nothing...

12. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    Fresno, Ca
    The place is coming along just fine..... I did see a huge omission though !!!!

The boys need their FOOTBALL !!!!

[​IMG]

Except this one just isn't big'nough

This is more like it :D

[​IMG]

Jerry and Dee.... time to build another room !!!

13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
  14. Bovinia

Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Morning :)

Wharf, how thoughtless of us not to think of a big screen for the games! Shame on us ;)

Oh man, Dee! Your old boss has an evil sense of humor...I bet that was hard to explain!

15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning,Bov:) Darn chilly here.

16. JerryRM

JerryRM ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Good morning, Refugeepeeps. :)

It's 34 here today. I love this weather, as long as there is no white stuff !!

17. 908Tracy

Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    I'm diggin' it too Wharf!!! :) Nice!

18. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hiya,Jerry and Tracy:) We're up to 31.

19. Bovinia

Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    I stopped in the Cox Solutions store to ask a question about our cable and internet today...and walked out having a faster internet package for the same price we're paying now. I put that southern charm on and whined a little about how the good deals are aimed at new subscribers, but those of us who have been loyal for years get bupkis! That trip wasn't wasted :)

20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good for you,Bov:)