markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Hi all!

If anyone needs 20700 battery cases, HG has the dual battery Ijoy 20700 silicone cases. I ended up ordering 3. I also have a couple of packs of 20700 battery wraps on the way, from FT.

101vape has done well by me on the Oceanus. I ordered midday Friday, it'll be here tomorrow [emoji5]

I may have a rare reorder coffee bean. I picked up some El Salvador Finca Providencia, did a roast and small test pot today. The cupping notes are BlackBerry and brown sugar, and those flavors come through nicely.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
You reminded me of two things, Mark! Welcome home, btw :)

1. I found battery boxes for the 26650 batts 2 for $4.93 with free shipping

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2pcs-Sos...8760&wl11=online&wl12=337262859&wl13=&veh=sem

2. The Brazilian coffee you sent in the last batch was outstanding! You haven't sent any coffee that I didn't like, but that one has to be my very favorite so far. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the entire label read. Was it Fazenda?

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
I've been reading along the whole time just haven't felt much like typing....

The hunt for a Dodge Dually continues.....Hey....they spendy....Looks like I'll never find the Holy Grail 12 valve with the manual transmission....Still holding out hope...Got one in Louisville, Kentucky but that ain't exactly next door and I'd hate to venture that far to find out it's a dud...Trust all the pics in the world can be sent and until you're beside it you don't know squat....Drove 45 miles one way yesterday to view a 24 valve....It met all criteria except the 24 valve vs 12 valve...24 IMO is the second most dependable and they are newer...but still a compromise which I'm not very good at....I'd had several phone conversations with the owner and when I walk up on it.....hail dents everywhere...damn truck would give a golf ball a run for it's money....Original price of 11K and I was offered it for 7500....I drove it and the only fault I found was the hail damage.......I passed on it...

I got all my parts for my Kubota to update the fueling system to El Dee spec....Kubota is sitting in the shop so all I gotta do is find the will.....Got my Harley in there as well...I haven't ridden it enough to keep the battery hot...It'll still start but it needs a charge/oil change/riding...Been way to cold for riding the last couple of days though....Two trees await cutting so I can put in new drain lines for that septic tank....Found out by an ad my old tree climbing deer stand was collectable....I sold it to a collector a couple years back....Yeah I need to climb those trees to cut limbs and attach a chain to hook a cable to....gotta pull them when cutting so they don't hit the shop or Mom's house...I hooked up a Summit Viper climbing stand last week...Not collectable but way more better than my old one...I do remember at the gun show when I saw that old stand....First time I'd seen a climber and I had to muscle in to purchase one....Tarheel Industries outta Chapel Hill NC...They came up with a great idea and it got copied then along came China...No more Tarheel Industries....All that sheet on my plate is why I didn't pop on that truck yesterday......Buying a shirt for the wedding last week had me in the Harley shop for the first time in years....Somewhere along this journey I feel I lost my way....Great friends dropping like flies doesn't help the situation one bit....Right now I feel like I'm walking through the fire.....some day I'll stand in the sun....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
That's a lot of stuff on your plate, Dee...and I understand the feeling. Right now I feel like I'm revving my engine at a red light, just waiting to pop the clutch on my move. I need to hit the local U-Haul dealer here to see if they will take cash for the U-Box rental/move because I don't have a credit card. Who knew cash was so unspendable these days?!

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Yeah I always pay in cash.....motel rooms....car rentals.....They want a credit card so they can add charges at will.....Got reported to the Feds when I sold the Dodge and demanded cash....Sent word too the banker lady not to even ring my digits until she had the cash in hundreds....So far I've not heard from the Feds and me thinks everyone involved in that deal needs a good dose of mind your own fekking business....Banker lady wanted to know why I wouldn't take a check....Cause I won't that's why....Now when I find another truck I can pay in cash without any hassles.....

Finally fired up the third Oceanus...This one topped with an OG Crown filled with El Dee's world famous Snake Oil....A pleasing blend of coconut and pear with a hint of Bavarian Creme.....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
It gets even pissier after today! Not only will U-Haul not take cash, they will not even take a pre-paid credit card :-x Mind you, they don't get their pay until they deliver at your destination. And I'm trying to pay them now...cash...IN ADVANCE! So I call my MasterCard Debit card that gets my SSI direct deposited onto it, and they won't let me add cash to MY OWN FEKKIN CARD!

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
I was told credit card only for a car rental....in case I fekked up the rental car they would be able to charge my card.....Same at the hotel....In case I trashed the room....So both cases I had them inspect the car and room when I finished using them....I then had notes on both bills stating everything was in order....no extra charges....cause I don't trust them anymore than they trust me...Can't see why U-Haul is such a pain....

Old Chizler Unk got him a duplex condo....Promptly calls and asks if he can borrow the Tacoma to move his stuff from storage....Told him my old buddy had just started up a moving company and was more than happy to give him the number....Better chances winning the lottery than driving my Taco though....I spent half the afternoon washing the Taco today....Tomorrow I'm gonna detail {remove the dog hair} the inside...Then install my new Weathertech mats....Little bit of VG on the windshield has gotta go as well....Cold rainy and dark makes driving difficult with a heavy coat of VG on the windshield....Spent all morning placing the fuel filter on the Kubota...Big filter/little tractor....It must be gravity fed from the tank and can't be where it might get knocked off...I finally decided on a place and found the required steel to fab up a bracket...Cutting and welding didn't seem to enjoyable so I cleaned the truck...Old outlaw neighbor dropped in the shop to see the Kubota....Said he rode one when he was in the penitentiary....We laughed and told a few convict jokes....Told ya'll we was outlaws...

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
After discussion with our wonderful orange friend, I think the move will still happen on Dec 5th. Awaiting reservation confirmation from U-Haul before I book one way airfare for the ex from Columbia, SC back to Hartford, CT :)

Still pisses me off that U-Haul was a turd about it, but work arounds are one of my specialties!

My windshield isn't too bad with the VG, but my back glass is. I use the defroster to blow my vapor away from the windshield.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Got the Oceanus in, a solid mod, the Ammit 25 fits perfectly. I like the simplicity of the user interface, and the 20% boost function.

I really like my Pulse bf squonk setup ( Simple, consistent, no leaks, filling is easy with the 510 refill bottle), but there are times when a regulated mod and tank are good to have.

Time to run the Oceanus with the ampking batteries for a couple days, see what the run time is like, then a couple days with my Sanyo 20700b batteries, get a performance baseline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread