Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Those AmpKings though.....They're a little long for the 20700 capable charger and the run time isn't nearly what the Sanyos provide....They did have silicone protective tubes that I set aside for transport duties later on....
I'm also thinking the Sanyos will really run circles around the Ampkings, for my sub 40W use. I only got through 8ml at 24W w/20% boost on the first Ampking. On the PD270 I was getting 32+ ml out of a pair of Sanyos.

I'll run two cycles of the Ampking, plus some initial checks using my Sanyos. On my Pulse bf mech a single Sanyo gets me through the full work day, is still at 3.6 - 3.7V when it goes on the charger.

Still, free (included with the mod) is a good price, the Ampking would be fine if I want to run high power once in a while.

Update: Battery 2 went 12ml, more like what I expected. #1 wasn't charged fully or I pulled it too soon. It looks like the Oceanus can be vaped all the way to hard cutout.

Last edited:

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Yeah....Free so I'm good with them...The charger manufacturers need to step up their game though...I ordered a 20700 capable and the flat top Sanyos barely fit...I get them all nice and aligned and when I come back they're all in disarray...Little sideways and almost popped out....They're charged but looking funny....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
After discussion with our wonderful orange friend, I think the move will still happen on Dec 5th.

Or not!! Looks like the universe wants me to postpone the move until after Xmas, U-Haul refused to let Pokey use her credit card to pay for my reservation. I called them to see what was up, and was told that I have to have credit card in hand, along with driver's license in same name to present to the delivery person when they bring the moving container to my house. I had to apologize to the lady on the phone after I lost my sheet on her :mad:

So now I have to go to the bank, open a savings account with the amount I want on a secured credit card, and wait the 2-3 weeks for it to get to me in the mail. :facepalm:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
I ran another Oceanus battery check today. With Ampking battery b, fully charged, running 0.45 ohms at 24W with power boost. I made it through 229 puffs, a full 14ml of liquid, before the hard cutout tripped. The innokin says the battery is at 3.3V, well within safe limits for discharge, though I'll check it at home later.

If the A battery does the same, that's perfectly fine run time for me -- my Sanyo batteries should be even better [emoji3]

(ml is easy for me to use -- I start with a full tank, and use a 15ml unicorn bottle to top it off

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
After spinning my wheels all week, I finally accomplished something positive in the direction of my move. I opened a bank account today :laugh: If U-Haul refuses to accept a bank backed debit card, I'ma tell them where to shove it. Normally I would have already done that, but they have the lowest price, and generous access to my moving/storage container.

I don't know about the 20700 batts, but these 26650s take forever to charge...6-7 hours!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
The Sanyo 20700b are a true 4000 mAh, per Mooch tests, and my own experience is consistent with that. Fortunately my vc4 charger does 1 amp on bays 1 and 3 (as long as I'm only using 2 bays).

I'd been spoiled by the older hg2 being true 3000 mAh, thrilled to find the 20700b 4000.

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
Hey Strangers ! I have been reading too ;)

Mark I’ve been using the 26650 battery cases for the 20700. You’re a bit bulky but the batteries fit well. I have had my eye on tthose by IJoy though.

Bov that sucks about U-Haul. :evil:

I’m glad you guys are diggin’ the Oceanus :thumb:

I have the Nitecore digicharger D2 and SC2 and 20700’s fit in both.

I finally made to my machinist to move the 510 closer to the center without seeing the original 510 hole on the P+ box. I found a 20700 sled on shapeways. I had to sand down the negative end of the sled to get it in. I also sanded the right corners to slide it away from the bottle. With the trial sled I was able to move it farther. I got the moddog 510 bf from Italy which is supposed to be the best. Definitely better than the two American made. It’s a very clean design but very difficult assemble in this box.
Found some 11 ml Theron bf bottles but they’re saying it will take one to two months :cry:.... right now I’m using an 8 1/2ml rectangular bottle.

638016f19d00e4ca2c4468222d8ae212.heic

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Nice job on the mod, Wharf!

I do have a spare original Therion bf bottle, complete with the plastic inner tab that the tubing goes through (I had a doa bf, kept the bottle since I'd used it; they shipped a full new kit) [emoji5] I'll toss it in the mail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread