NotCigs refugee thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Mark I sure hope you get your driveway straightened out in this warmer snap we are having. I hate that you didn’t get any help from DOT and the county.

Fran my prayers continue for hubs and I hope they offer pain mgmt SOON!

Bov that house sounds perfect for you and from the pic on fb I can so see you having coffee and a vape on that cute little porch! Best of luck and keep us posted!

ElDee I hope you’re road tripping!

Wharf, where you at?!??

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Fran I hope those Docs get Hubs some relief soon !!

Mark the DOT here maintains 50 feet from the road centerline....Unless they don't....Whatever you do go for overkill if you plan on staying long term.....Sheet like this is why I purchased a back hoe....I got plans on doing some digging......

Dang old tree down by the shop was causing me some worries....@70 foot tall....shop about 30 feet and Mom's house @ 50 feet away....What could go wrong???? It's gotta go because it's dead in the middle of a planned driveway widening and about 15feet off the creek....Felt if all that fill was over the roots the tree would die and it's in the freeking way....Had the cable hanging....hooked up three come alongs yesterday and gave the tree a good tug....cut a notch in the fall direction and dropped the hammer....Cut way past where I thought was safe and used the come alongs to break the last less than 1/2 inch uncut wood....I would have hit the bullseye if I marked a spot...Now Unk has a dump trailer....I got a friend who will burn the wood....I just need a truck to pull that trailer and things will go OK.....

I hadn't been to SC to look at that truck because it needed alterations and body repair and I've got enough sheet to do already....Still it had leather and was black so interested I was....I kept the search going as I debated when to hit the SC mountains....Friday night a dealer in Aiken, SC posted a 1996 12Valve Cummins....5 speed, two wheel drive, single cab and white....not black but shiny and every Dodge I seen that wasn't silver or white needed painting....I can but like I said I got enough sheet to do....Truck looks killer in the photos and is the Holy Grail Cummins combo....Burning a trail too Aiken as soon as I can get my old ... rolling in the morning....

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Slight adjustment on the days of tests. Tuesday for the blood test and Weds for the dr.visit and PET scan. My mistake on that. Hubs has pain meds due to his pancreatitis and spinal stenosis. They do ease the pain but can't be taken when he has to drive.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    Getting the culvert replaced is looking like it's going to be an epic, costly, long adventure. I'm lining up the first Contractor for an estimate, and have looked at the state DOT highway work permit application - omg it's an awful form.

I've got to trundle down to our local dot office tomorrow, see how reasonable they can be. The digging for the replacement will be a good 15' off the road shoulder, will follow the existing culvert path, a replacement rather than a new engineering design. I need to see if they can cut through some of the bs big iron design paperwork, doing things in triplicate, PE stamped detailed architectural design drawings, etc.

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Dang old 525 mile round trip to see a truck today....Didn't look that far on the map....Aiken, SC....My buttocks was Aiken when I got home....without a truck....Truck was a 96 Dodge that someone painted....Those older diesels had a moulding from bumper to bumper to protect against door dings...That stuff is old and was shrinking and beginning to curl on the ends....I'd planned on removing it in a hurry....Whomever painted the truck taped it up...removal will show the old paint hiding underneath....That, along with the works great A/C that didn't even get to the 72* outside temp....the almost new front tires that were a little shaky at 70.....Hey I gotta bust it 260 miles up I20 too I95 right off the bat...Not with shaky tires I don't.....Trust like the Taco I won't give up until I can look at it and say I'm glad I bought it....

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    I got a list of contracters from the county, two are in our town.

First has stopped by. A firm quote to do a temporary fix (a little digging, clean cut through the existing asphalt driveway, load of rental crush, 1" steel plate bridge, some crush on top, no permit needed for this one). A rough estimate on the final repair for out in May or so (normal construction season), noting a couple of possible cost decreases depending on if state plays nice. They're state bonded, would do all the paperwork, seem practical.

A second contractor is due by later today, we'll see what they say. I was less impressed in my quick phone chat, but want to get more data points.

The other in-town contractor will hopefully get back to me tomorrow. His secretary was going to text him.

The temp fix sounds nice, totally safe for load bearing (including heavy trucks), could be done thurs/Fri if I call them back tomorrow.

DW agrees that the man who was already by sounds practical, knowledgeable.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Hoping the tests go well for DH, Fran.

The weekly sale coffee sounds like a winner - a Nicaragua with milk chocolate and fruit notes [emoji5]

I'm continuing to enjoy the HV Squeezer, a very reasonable price for a solid little squonker. It looks like the DR SQ RDA should arrive tomorrow, Thursday at the outside; it's at Rochester now, which usually means reaching the local post office overnight.

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fresno, Ca
    www.gratefulvaper.com
    Wharf, where you at?!??

I'm here, I'm here Tracy. Kia has been spending a bunch of time up here and Mrs Wharf and I have been soaking up every minute. She got her visa from the Japanese consulate last week. Strangely I haven't freaked out yet... Hopefully it stays that way LOL

Holy Grail Cummins combo

I sold those Cummins for a minute.... was it '86 when they brought out the Cummins?

Getting the culvert replaced is looking like it's going to be an epic, costly, long adventure.

I sure hope it's not TOO epic Mark.

Liver biopsy has just been scheduled for Feb 5th for hubs. Consultation with gastro Dr and PET scan for tomorrow.

I stop thinking about Hubs Fran and my prayers are still coming.

a Nicaragua with milk chocolate and fruit notes
    emoji5.png

Oooh like a Cadbury bar :thumb:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    I'm here, I'm here Tracy. Kia has been spending a bunch of time up here and Mrs Wharf and I have been soaking up every minute. She got her visa from the Japanese consulate last week. Strangely I haven't freaked out yet... Hopefully it stays that way LOL

I know yall are enjoying every second of Kia being there before she leaves!!

I got my South Carolina driver's license today...woohoo!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    The temporary driveway patch is in place, only took about an hour - it goes fast when someone knows what they're doing [emoji5]

It should be plenty weight bearing, the photo is with the excavator sitting on the repair plate while it packs the slopes.

a0aa4d5d54ebf742f2e457b93a852bb4.jpg

They'll bring a bigger excavator in for the permanent fix in late Spring - longer reach, larger grapple.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread