Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Warm and dry (but humid) is continuing. Our well is iffy (the new one we had dug just a couple years ago), chasing the well guy down (for 3 weeks, but I think I have his attention at last). Near 90 yesterday, low 90s today and tomorrow.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
We're tapped into an underground river according to the well guy....Remove the top cap and water gushes out...Once during an ice storm and thru several hurricanes a downhill from the well hydrant has supplied our water while the power was down...You haven't lived until you've taken a shower under a hydrant...That said cross your fingers for a hurricane free NC this year....

Prepping to stain Mom's deck and repaint her kitchen including the cabinets....Never does it end....There will be a paycheck at the end of the torture....

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have projects I'm itching to get planned and started, but stuck waiting until I know without a doubt that the house is mine! At least I'm not having to work out in the heat right now...silver lining ;)
    Is there any question on that?? I'm hoping not.

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Originally it was agreed upon that a friend of mine {he's a painter} would stain the deck and paint the kitchen...That whole ordeal with the septic tank has me way behind on everything I own...I've got two people I'm putting off working on their cars....Dodge I purchased in Feburary that I would really like to get in the shop for some El Dee touches....Toyota still has that dent in the bed....Little boat has occupied the shop for months waiting on about three days of maintenance...Big boat is now paid for even though Sis still hasn't found all the paperwork....I plan on selling the big boat but it's gotta be cleaned and serviced beforehand....Ordered a dolly to hold the backhoe off the Kubota last Thursday....Still no shipping notice...Ordered items from England two weeks back and no tracking update since last Wednesday when it was in Queens, NY....Kubota came factory equipped with the hoe so no 3 point hitch....I purchased the 3 point last week and it awaits the dolly so I can actually move a trailer and get that big boat into the wash pit area....I'd like to keep the big boat but there comes a time when to much is just that....The heat ain't helping none of the above....Only good about it is the deck will drink the stain in this heat and trust I'll push that beech in the stain pool....Got bags of useless sheet in the Tacoma from a little garage cleaning from yesterday...Dump here in a few....After the deck and kitchen....well....there's the neighbor at the beach beechin' about that tree.....It's a nice tree and I've decided she can kick rocks...It's mine and I'll do as I damn well please....Going forward I wanna sell that boat and use the profit to bring my debt down....Gonna try and downsize my guitar collection this afternoon....After that selling off all but a couple of firearms....The debts are good and I'm not behind....Just all this sheet is starting to look excessive to me...Some tracking updates would really be nice though...........

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Is there any question on that?? I'm hoping not.

There's always a question until the closing contract is signed! We can't start the loan process until next week, but no, I'm not expecting any problems.

Damn, Dee! I need a nap after reading all you need to do :lol:

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Got the decking boards in the shop drying a bit....Pretty sure they were still growing limbs yesterday...dripping chemical they were....I like to lay they out on a flat surface out of the sun until they are dry...They're gonna shrink....in the sun they will curl....They're still gonna shrink a bit when they do get in the sun and the deck is 24 feet wide so there are joints on the deck surface...That's the main malfunction with the deck boards I gotta replace....curling at the joints...screws or nails doesn't matter that sun is relentless....Mom has managed to destroy two hose reels in the last 12 months...Got a 4X4 plumbed and drying right behind the concrete pad I poured for the hose reel...Got a hose hideaway to hang the hose on so no more reel...I like those hideaways for the little compartment for storing sprayers when you got them off the hose...I got several scattered about and so far Mom hasn't destroyed one of those....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Katie used to be bad about buying the cheapest hose reels and they would fall apart trying to roll 150' of hose onto them. It also never occurred to her to lock the sprayer open (or remove it) so the hose would drain as it was rolled :rolleyes:

I miss that ornery ole gal!!

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    The first hose reel I poured a concrete foundation and added bolts in so the reel was secure....Snapped the handle using it to winch the hose on...Full of water and 100 feet out....Snapped the handle on the replacement the first week...Also somehow busted the lid on the first one....I had intended on repairing the first as it bolted down and is no longer available new....Somewhere along the line the handle is lost...I've looked at every available reel and they all seem cheap no matter price....None that will fit the bolt pattern on the foundation...When I reel in hose I reel with my right hand and pull the hose up with my left...Under pressure or not doesn't matter as long as you're not using a plastic reel as a winch....I gave up and put the 4x4 in yesterday.

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Here's hoping for a quick recovery Mark !!!!!!

Got a hose hanging on the new deal....Started my motorcycle and let a little Royal Purple fuel injection cleaner circulate through the carburetor...All was good with my battery in the motorcycle...ran fine....Gonna change the oil and burn some miles tomorrow....

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Sweet on the motorcycle being good [emoji5]

I'll be fine. Doing laps up and down our little driveway hill every couple hours.

Local anesthetic has worn off. A couple ibuprofen for now, avoiding the heavy duty stuff until bed time.

(I've got a good doctor. He knows I'm active, encourages pushing at whatever pace I am comfortable with, said I can try the exercycle at low stress tomorrow, to work range of motion. I'm good with a bit of soreness, know when to stop.)

Last edited:

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    My dang old Cuzzo went somewhere a couple weeks back and had both knees injected with something that required they extract his bone marrow for the mix...Didn't do a damn bit of good and very painful...He's just the one to fall for some quackery.....

908 I gotta keep the pedal to the metal.....Or at least make "em think I got the pedal all the way down....

I'd long known where the hanger for my OG Terry's Body Shop sign was....The sign had disappeared many years back...I'd looked as I wanted to display it...I found it today tucked safely away right where I put it in 1988...behind a LP heater I bought because I thought I needed it...Gonna wash the sigh first chance I get and post a pic on the FB....Is there any easy way to post a pic here if I got it on my desktop???????

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    In a reply, click on the little camera icon (it's above "In" in my sample).
    You will be prompted to upload a file, then you can select to insert a thumbnail.
    camera.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread