salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Glad to
Hear that your neighbors are supporting you, Fran.

I am heading to my moms in the morning to care for her a few days. Of course my check engine light decided to come on late afternoon.

Now I will need to get a rental car while my car is in the shop. They are backed up and it could be awhile.

We are getting WiFi at my moms on Thursday so that we can watch her at all times with our phones, we won’t leave her longer than to go to the store, etc
It teally makes it tough with such a small family. I am very glad to have them for the time that I do though.

I will be back

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Fran I wish I was close enough to help...

Salem rest when you get a chance....This can't be easy on you....

Last week a girl I've known for a dang long time died from an overdose....she was 56....Like that wasn't enough yesterday a dude I've also known a dang long time committed suicide....he was 59....You just never know what's going on in a person's mind....

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hubs first found out he had a rare incurable cancer last Feb and his first concern was for me because he doesn't have much life insurance. So last summer he sold our Pontiac convertible for less than it's worth but it was cash money.Plus we hadn't driven it much in recent years.Recently when things started getting much worse he put his truck up for sale and told my oldest son he was selling it when he came to visit.The next day my son said we might have it sold. My GS went to the bank to apply for the loan We got the check just before hubs passed. We got full book value for that.I know hubs would want me to keep the money but I have a really bad need to start paying off some cc's so that's where the money will go.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It's hard to know where to start with bills when you have limited finances. Be sure you take care of yourself first, Fran :wub:
    Sure is,Bov. I might be old but I'm still tough enough. My youngest daughter took the week off and she's been here every day. Her daughter (my gd) has been here almost every day also and my oldest daughter was up on the weekend. Also somewhere in there my oldest son and DIL were up a couple times with grand-kids.Youngest son came down with stomach bug.

The girls have been cleaning every day. ( I have a hoarding tendency).We have had an unbelievable amount of trash.2 of my friends picked it up the other day and we have a deck full once again.Can't believe how clean everything is and I actually have empty drawers and cabinets.

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    Me too.Bov:) Daughter and gd back this morning to be joined by 2 more gd's this afternoon. So not used to all the company.

Seems like family and friends do tend to gather at times like this. You may not feel the full affect until everyone goes home.

You will always be able to speak to us when needed or wanted. Such as it is.

We just got WiFi hooked up at moms so I should be able to check in here more often. You guys are all just precious people. Just so you know ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread