Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Well, darn. My grandson just got sicker as the weekend progressed. My sons wife ( his stepmom) took him to dr this morning. He has the full blown flu.

So, I cancelled my dentist appt just in case. There is a 2-4 day incubation period. The last thing I want to do is have all of that major dental work done and wake up sick in the morning.

I will be going to sons house in the morning to stay with him while they work. The plan was to have him stay with me until we found out it is the flu. My husband has lung damage and weakened immune system from his stint in icu. We can’t take any chances.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Poor little guy! I hope he gets better quickly, and that you or Hubby don't catch it.

Started the day with a 3 mile walk with Bella, then off to Lowes to get some landscape timbers. Got my cart with timbers and decided to go grab a couple of 1x8x6s to put on the top middle of my cheap box spring to see if that will help the mattress sagging in the middle. Since those big carts are harder to navigate thru the store with 8ft timbers on it, I parked it while I picked thru the 1-bys. Got a couple of decent ones and I'll be damned if some azz weasel didn't unload my timbers and steal my cart!! Had to go all the way back outside to get another one.

Happy Monday :lol:

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Well I hope the flu is easy on your Grand....Maybe you won't catch it....

Lowes never ever has enough carts......I've had to wait for one in the parking lot before...

Spent the day getting Unk's truck{my little red Toyota} over too Cuzzo's shop for some brake work....Got my paperwork in order so I can get my rides safety inspected before the end of the month....then tags....Had Sis write up another letter of support for the Pharmacy Charity....Gotta get that application in the mail as well...Was gonna get a couple shipping boxes from USPS but it was a holiday....Made sure the battery was good in the motorcycle when I wrote down the mileage on it for the safety inspection....charged a bit....cranked and cut the block.....All the while the appointment Friday with the cardiologist looms....This life ain't easy that's for double damn sure....

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Darn, Bov. That was super rude of that person to do. Several people in my family got a platform bed base from amazon pretty reasonable. They give great support and are super sturdy. No box spring needed.

LD, I didn’t realize that NC still requires those ridiculous inspection stickers. SC stopped somewhere around the early 80s I think.

We have had our flu shot like we do every year. Then again so has my grandson. Going to be diligent about washing my hands and spraying Lysol around.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Dee, it's hard to keep busy when you have this scary thing hanging over you. Just remember you have a whole bunch of people praying for you :wub:

Salem, I had a platform base in Ct, but I went with the cheaper option when I bought the house...and yes it really was cheaper. I had met a youngin in Harbor Freight who is manager at a local furniture store, and he cut me a good deal. Even delivered it in he own personal truck so the store didn't charge for delivery.

The boards I bought were 1x12s, not 1x8s...and they helped a lot more than I expected. I would have gone with a sheet pf plywood cut to size, but I can't carry that in my car. Stick lumber I can, as long as it's 8ft or less in length. Poor Katie would be having a hissy fit if she saw me carrying lumber in her car :lol:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
It will be some time before we see that.........

Not always a bad thing. We don’t really have change of seasons here on the coast like we did in the upstate. I will miss things like the leaves changing color in fall.

I have had Christmas days above 80 degrees here on the coast and that just never seems right to me at all.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Doc said with all he's seen he expects no significant blockages....I'm scheduled for a cauterization and an advanced echocardiogram Wednesday at 12pm....Advanced echo shows amount of blood being pumped and valve leakage/operation....I again today refused the script for a statin drug....First off I believe my test was done at a bad time for me....Secondly I can fix that with diet....Thirdly....Well if I got bad blockages let's handle that before we worry about other things....I dropped the vapor like a hot rock....If it's gotta be salads every frikkin meal then salads it will be....Just how I roll....Mom was on a statin years back and having issues....A sheet ton of info has passed through my brain since but the statins are not good for you is still in there....Fix one thing and frigg up 15 isn't cutting the mustard....Wednesday at 12....dang High Noon....Wish me luck

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I hear you on the statins, LD. My husband has been through two so far that he isn’t able to tolerate. Thing is that diet is only about 12% if what causes high cholesterol according to our dr that I think very highly of. The most part of it is hereditary.

My mom tried several before she was finally put on one thT she could tolerate. Her cholesterol levels were excellent after that.

We have been on a very strict and healthy diet for the past year. Both of us lost weight. Still my husbands cholesterol is through the roof.

You know that I will be thinking if you and sending positive thoughts. Exactly what happened to me last year. Went through much of the same ad you and everything ended up being just fine.

Glad to hear the good news!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Of course you do have to do what is right for you. You may want to check into fish oil or ask your dr about high doses if niacin. Hubby is on blood thinners so can’t do fish oil but he is going to ask dr about niacin.

My moms dr tried her on it and she wasn’t able to tolerate it. But niacin in high doses will help to bring cholesterol levels down.

Good luck and I will be rooting for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread