Now that you have quit analogs...How does your food taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
I can definitely smell a lot more, it's like my sense of smell got a lot better. I haven't noticed any significant differences in the way my food tastes, though :)

...much the same for me...my taster is still about the same but my smeller has come back gangbusters...while that has pluses and minuses, the ability to smell the good stuff, sure outweighs the other........
madjack:2cool:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I discovered that I use too much salt. Also, somewhat to my dismay, I also discovered that I am not nearly as capable of eating spicy foods as I thought I was. I discovered this most noticeably when, as I tend to do, I liberally sprinkled some green Tabasco -- the mildest yet tangiest Tabasco -- over my pizza and, by the end of the meal, learned what my tongue's melting point is.

On the plus side, it's an excuse to eat more spicy foods to build up my tolerance again, so ... there's that.

sweetmeat

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Canada
I don't know about you guys, but I have noticed that when I wake up in the morning my breath isn't as beastly and I don't have a nasty taste in my mouth. Maybe its just me, but I used to smoke before bed.

Me too, before going to bed I would brush and floss, sometimes mouthwash but still wake up with a horrible flavor in my mouth, blech!
I haven't noticed food tasting any different yet though, I hope it'll come soon, I've only really quit cigs for a week or two

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Me too, before going to bed I would brush and floss, sometimes mouthwash but still wake up with a horrible flavor in my mouth, blech!
I haven't noticed food tasting any different yet though, I hope it'll come soon, I've only really quit cigs for a week or two

Like most things, it's different for everyone. I noticed it within a week, along with my sense of smell. However, it took a couple of months (possibly less because I don't eat spicy that often) before I noticed my unexpected issue with Tabasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread