Now that's smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
I've now been "smoking" my e-cigarette from e-cig.com for about a month, and I have nailed it!

I now use the nicotine solution exclusively - I have ditched the cartridges finding them to be weak and ineffective. I use the medium strength solution because my technique creates a lot of smoke and therefore the nicotine levels in the high strength solution would likely be too high.

I remove the mouth-piece and put 4 drops of liquid down the "barrel" of the atomiser. After letting it settle for a minute I draw on the e-cig, keeping it horizontal - this produces more smoke than any other method I've tried and it really does feel like smoking!

Finally the e-cig feels like a proper replacement.

Meltrex

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2008
Arizona USA
www.MyEcig.com
How do you know or figure your not hurting your atomizer by overheating it? Does the vapor become weak? I've tested a mini e-cig right out of the box with just the empty cap cartridge and I get vapor? I wonder if the atomizer is oiled or something prior to being packaged and shipped. I've ordered some e-liquid and will play around with it once I recieve it. Thanks.

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Pittsburgh to Philadelphia
Smokey_Joe said:
I've now been "smoking" my e-cigarette from e-cig.com for about a month, and I have nailed it!

I now use the nicotine solution exclusively - I have ditched the cartridges finding them to be weak and ineffective. I use the medium strength solution because my technique creates a lot of smoke and therefore the nicotine levels in the high strength solution would likely be too high.

I remove the mouth-piece and put 4 drops of liquid down the "barrel" of the atomiser. After letting it settle for a minute I draw on the e-cig, keeping it horizontal - this produces more smoke than any other method I've tried and it really does feel like smoking!

Finally the e-cig feels like a proper replacement.

Hi Smokey! I'm a total "newbie" to this whole e-smoking thing but I'm about to give up and return my NJOY for a full refund. The reasons are: I have to drag so hard on it to get a "hit" that it makes me dizzy; the smoke output is nominal; and finally, it just doesn't taste like a cigarette. It seems like you've tried all the various e-ciggies out there and have finally found something you can use as a substitute. I assume this is the cig from e-cig.com and also purchase of e-liquid nicotine? I really was excited about this as I smoke 2 packs/day and would love to just get my nicotine fix and also satisfy the psychological addiction of drawing on a cigarette and getting the same amount of smoke and taste without the damaging consequences! PLEASE tell me what to do before I end up giving up on this whole mess. I'd be extremely grateful!

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Hello again Cabot!

These posts are out of chronology. The e-cig was the first e-cigarette I bought. I don't use it at all any more because I find the Njoy to be far superior in every way.

I should explain that I had already "quit" for a few weeks before starting e-cigarettes. Ie, I was sucking nicotine lozenges but still smoking at the weekends whenever I drank any alcohol. I suspect that if I had gone straight from cigarettes to e-cigarettes I wouldn't have found them as satisfying either.

I really hope you don't give up on e-cigarettes - I think if you give them a little while you'll find they work excellently. Bear in mind also that e-cigs will get better and better over time as the technology develops - it's still only a couple of years old at the moment!

Why don't you give dripping a go as it sounds like you want a bigger hit. You can pick up e-liquid from quite a few sources including e-cig or (my favorite) Freesmoke.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Cabot: I understand. Like Joe, I was off cigarettes when I found e-smoking. But here's what I told my frantic brain: I will get you your nicotine. I just won't get it from inhaling tobacco smoke. That settled me down. Quitting does NOT have to be either/or, black/white, nothing/everything, quit/die. Compromise where needed. If you research quitting smoking, you'll find all kinds of aids. Chances are good you've never tried Swedish snus. Try 'em (just Google the term). Ever tried nasal snuff? Probably not. Try it. Ever sucked on dry snuff tablets? Very tasty and each is equal to one cigarette. I use all of these, every day, along with e-smoking. The variety of nicotine sources helps me get through the day. E-smoking is most definitely not like cigarette smoking. It's different. It's pleasant after you adjust to a different smoking technique. And always remember that all of these alternatives are much, much healthier than smoking, plus they're legal everywhere. Keep trying.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
Cabot:

I was smoking almost 2 packs a day when I found the "e-cig". For the first few days I would make myself e-smoke and then "reward" myself by having a real cigarette at lunch time and again right before I went to bed. This went on for about 3 days, then I cut out my lunch time cigarette and by the end of the 1st week I had also quit my bedtime cigarette.

I constantly had the e-cig in my mouth trying to get the satisfaction I got from a real cigarette. After 2 weeks of only e-smoking, I tried a real cigarette and was disgusted by the taste and the harsh smoke. Since then I have not smoked a real cigarette and have no desire to.

Maybe your NJOY atomizer is not performing properly. Contact NJOY and request a new atomizer. Maybe your atomizer is dry. Try squeezing a drop or two directly onto the atomizer.

The best description I have come across is "e-smoking is like sipping slowly from a straw".

I have 2 NJOY(s) and really like them. Please don't give up yet.

Rachel

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Thanks to everyone for your advice! I know it is "different" than regular smoking and I really haven't given it a chance yet. I'm thinking of sticking with the NJOY and adding a little (2-3 drops) of e-liquid to it so I don't have to work so hard to get that smoke I so crave. I wonder if using tweasers and slightly unpacking the tightly packed cotton would make for an easier draw? I still have a couple of weeks on my money back guarantee, so I shall keep trying! The one thing I really notice when using NJOY is that I immediately "crave" a cigarette :D How weird is that?

Again thanks for all the encouragement and I will break out that NJOY and go back to using it once again as I truly do want to have a healthier way of satisfying my nicotine urges!

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
dnakr said:
I was told that all atomizers have e-liquid on them when we receive them due to being tested prior to shipping.
Not only for testing. Testing if an atomizer is OK can be done electronically. Fact is that when the atomizers would ship dry and the buyer would take it out of the box and take a drag then the atomizer would most likely burn through.

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Well guys and gals, I just can't get over my issues with the NJOY. Now, even with a fresh battery and an atomizer only "puffed" on a few times, I can't get the level of smoke I want. I have to drag so hard on the darned thing, I actually get dizzy and also palpitations from holding my breath so long (sucking directly into my lungs). I smoke normal smokes the "french" way (i.e. dragging on the cig and then rolling the smoke both into my lungs and nose). Therefore, smoke output is very important to me! I really can't get used to sucking directly into my lungs through a very hard to draw on device.

Now, I still desperately want to find a way to smoke "safely". That said, I've heard reference being made to "vap-ing" and also e-cig sells nicotine liquid. I wonder if anyone can answer whether or not this would work on the NJOY? Would I simply drop 3-4 drops of nicotine into the empty chamber (without an atomizer). Or, could I use an atomizer and just fill it up as needed and get more smoke that way? Also, then there'd be no need to buy new cartridges, right?

I believe it was "Smokey" who mentioned finally getting a real alternative to smoking using the e-cig and just dropping 3-4 drops into the empty chamber and that being equivalent to 1 cig. Does this only work with the e-cig or is it also a possibility with NJOY's?

"Smokey" or anyone else out there, please tell me specifically how to do this as I'm still not clear on your method. Do you simply not put a cartridge into the cigarette and place the drops in the space left over there?

I'm sorry to take up so much of you fine people's time but I do want to be "free" of the 4000+ other chemicals in normal smokes, especially tar! I feel like if I could master some technique in using electronic cigarettes, I could truly give up normal smokes once and for all!
PLEASE HELP ME, and thanks for your support!!
Cabot

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Cabot I entirely understand your frustration, but please be assured that there are myriad methods developing to improve the vapor output of e-cigarette devices.

In answer to your central question - yes, the dripping technique will work perfectly with Njoy. You can try it even if you don't have pure e-liquid available by

1. removing the cartridge/mouthpiece combo
2. removing the white nicotine cartridge from the mouthpiece
3. pulling out the fibrous material from the cartridge (preferably with tweezers)
4. Squeezing 3 or 4 drops into the chamber whilst holding the e-cig vertically. That way the drops should land directly on the atomizer.

Then simply replace the mouthpiece (without the cartridge) and puff. You will find the vapor is far denser than before.

Have a look at the new needle technique as well - it's a bit more advanced but initial reports are promising.

Hope this helps,

SJ

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Smokey_Joe said:
Cabot I entirely understand your frustration, but please be assured that there are myriad methods developing to improve the vapor output of e-cigarette devices.

In answer to your central question - yes, the dripping technique will work perfectly with Njoy. You can try it even if you don't have pure e-liquid available by

1. removing the cartridge/mouthpiece combo
2. removing the white nicotine cartridge from the mouthpiece
3. pulling out the fibrous material from the cartridge (preferably with tweezers)
4. Squeezing 3 or 4 drops into the chamber whilst holding the e-cig vertically. That way the drops should land directly on the atomizer.

Then simply replace the mouthpiece (without the cartridge) and puff. You will find the vapor is far denser than before.

Have a look at the new needle technique as well - it's a bit more advanced but initial reports are promising.

Thank you SO much S.J. for the much needed direct information! I went ahead and placed an order through e-cig for 30 ml. of e-liquid. One last question, in part (4) of your answer. I figured steps 1-3 out easily, but without e-liquid, what would I squeeze 3 or 4 drops of into the chamber?

Also, I only have about 1 week's (maybe a little more) time before I can return the NJOY, so I'm "gambling" on that e-liquid from China arriving quickly. I live in the U.S., do you live here or in another country? Point being, how long did you find it took to receive orders from China? Also, I've gone through 3 of the 4 included cartridges probably due to letting the NJOY just sit and not be in use. Do you think I should just "sit this time out" and wait for the e-liquid and not return my NJOY? Do you really find your method as close to real smoking as possible? I trust you as I've seen you're a moderator on NJOY's forums and based on this forum, you've done a lot of research on these guys!

Let me know if I can "re-activate" these chamber cartridges somehow in the meantime while I wait for my e-liquid (as in your response above, without having any e-liquid.)

Once again, thanks for your very insightful help,
Cabot

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
After you have pulled out the fibrous material from the cartridge - place the material in a syringe and extract 2 drops onto the atomizer or you can use your fingers to squeeze the cartridge but you will not be able to extract all of the e-liquid.

If you use express shipping from e-cig.com you can get your order within 4 or 5 days, depending on how fast e-cig mails out your package. If you use parcel air it will take approximately 10 business days, again depending on how fast they mail out your order.

Rachel

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Cool! Thank you Rachel and everyone else who is so very helpful on this forum! I happened to use "express", so I should be able to try this out and if I still can't get "the hang" of it, send my NJOY back. I'm pretty sure this will work for me though and I may move along to the injection method once I get a little more "acclimated".

Now that I am getting the 30 ml. of e-liquid, I don't need to buy refill cartridges if I want to smoke using "spent" soldiers, right?

My intention is to do the 3-4 drop thing in the atomizer once removing the cotton packing, so I imagine this would be a moot question.

I really like this forum as nobody is on the attack and there are no "wars" going on!

Thank you Rachel, SJ, and everyone else who has given me input!!
Cabot

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Cabot: Let's hope Customs doesn't nail your express shipment the way they did mine!

You can reuse cartridges only so many times. Unless you want to repack them (more work), you'll find the springiness decreases over time. Plus, they can get dirty from tobacco extracts in the liquid. Replacement cores are very, very cheap, and I'd suggest you order some. I use mostly my e-cigar and e-pipe, and have numerous clean cores ready to go at all times. These snap or slide into place and are then filled with e-Liquid using either drip or, in my case, an injector bought from E-Cig.

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
TropicalBob said:
Cabot: Let's hope Customs doesn't nail your express shipment the way they did mine!

You can reuse cartridges only so many times. Unless you want to repack them (more work), you'll find the springiness decreases over time. Plus, they can get dirty from tobacco extracts in the liquid. Replacement cores are very, very cheap, and I'd suggest you order some. I use mostly my e-cigar and e-pipe, and have numerous clean cores ready to go at all times. These snap or slide into place and are then filled with e-Liquid using either drip or, in my case, an injector bought from E-Cig.

Is there something illegal about liquid tobacco? I guess packages from China are "suspect" under our new loss of freedom laws!

Do you know of a company stateside that sells e-liquid? NJOY ought to start carrying all the above mentioned items, but I guess they just want to sell their highly priced cartridges on a monthly delivery plan. I hate having to suck until my face turns blue just to get a tobacco "fix"! Let's do hope customs doesn't intercept my package of what should be a perfectly legal substance!

Thanks for the info about replacement cores! Should have ordered with the e-liquid as I paid around $30 for shipping!
Cabot

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I know. Last month I placed an order from China with land-based shipping, knowing it would take a month to arrive. Cost was $9 for shipping. Placed another order about 10 days ago and ordered express shipping for $26. That's the one Customs grabbed. It will be delayed about a week, FedX says. So much for express shipment!

I went to pick up my land-mailed order today at the Post Office and the line of people waiting stretched out the building. Income tax filers. Tuesday will be worse. I'm very crumpy but will try to pick up my parcel Wednesday.

Nothing about the shipment should be illegal, but the import company wrote that I was receiving a "plastic pipe" valued at $20. They do that for many shipments apparently; it's fraud and deceit of the first rank and they need to be nailed for it. I raised a fuss, to be sure, and let Customs know exactly what was in that package. Certainly not a plastic pipe.

See what your box says when you receive it.

Addendum: Almost forgot. No U.S. company sells e-liquid. You have your choice of very expensive Freesmoke or much more reasonable E-Cig. SJ likes Freesmoke because he believes its purity is more certain. But he doesn't pay in U.S. dollars!

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Help! I'm about to give up on the NJOY altogether! I was going to go with the mini e-cig, but read reviews which were pretty negative overall. I too am looking for the smaller e-cig, but don't want to have to huff on it like I'm a bagpipe player! When you refer to "dripping in the atomizer", I put 4 drops of e-liquid directly into an empty chamber, but still have to draw so hard and often just to get a satisfying "hit", that it's just too hard for me. The NJOY is too long in my opinion and I hate the cigarillo type tip. I'm looking for a satisfying taste, as close to regular cigs as possible, with ample vapor and not too much dragging. It's funny that on e-cig's site, the video showing the guy using the e-cig works it literally like he could play a bagpipe! All that puffing without inhaling or exhaling any smoke is not a replacement for me. I've also read about people placing a drop directly on the "atomizer". Is that where the batteries connect? I was all set to go with freesmokes, but there was only one review (albeit a good one)... Any suggestions? I already have called NJOY and wrote an email to customer service stating the reasons why I was going to return it, so time is of the essence as I plan to mail it back today, tomorrow at the latest. Thanks for your help in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread