• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NOW what are you doing, Canada Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
It was definitely my fave show in the 90s. A couple of weeks ago, I found a season 1 & 2 DVD set for $10 at Walmart. I couldn't believe it! I'm currently on the hunt for season 3.

:ohmy: your pulling my tail! no way!! I am now sitting here laughing as i remember some of the more classic episode's....and remembering bits of the intro.....*sigh* i never did get to find out....did they may the final proper jump?

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
It was definitely my fave show in the 90s. A couple of weeks ago, I found a season 1 & 2 DVD set for $10 at Walmart. I couldn't believe it! I'm currently on the hunt for season 3.

Netflix has all 5 seasons......will cost you $8 for one month, I think you get a free trial period as well so you could just watch em all and not pay a dime lol, unless you are the DVD collector sort ;)

Thanks for the tip realmac. I tried Netflix about a year ago and unfortunately it would not stream well from my Xbox 360, plus I thought the picture quality wasn't that great. Since getting my LCD TV and blu ray player two years ago, I've been a real stickler for HD or close-to HD quality.

Constantine, I watched a Season 2 episode last night in which they slide into a dinosaur preserve. It was pretty funny. I stopped watching after Season 3 (Arturo died somewhere near the end of the season). I love John Rhys-Davies and the show sucked without him. It lasted five seasons and by the fifth season, the only original cast member left was Rembrandt Brown. As far as I know, they never made it home.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the tip realmac. I tried Netflix about a year ago and unfortunately it would not stream well from my Xbox 360, plus I thought the picture quality wasn't that great. Since getting my LCD TV and blu ray player two years ago, I've been a real stickler for HD or close-to HD quality.

Constantine, I watched a Season 2 episode last night in which they slide into a dinosaur preserve. It was pretty funny. I stopped watching after Season 3 (Arturo died somewhere near the end of the season). I love John Rhys-Davies and the show sucked without him. It lasted five seasons and by the fifth season, the only original cast member left was Rembrandt Brown. As far as I know, they never made it home.

Another tip on the Netflix thing, they went and auto bumped the image quality to the lowest possible as the default, you can go to the website and in your acct you can set it to the highest (HD) and get a pretty decent HD picture, this will take up more data with your provider of course.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
this will take up more data with your provider of course.

that is a huge reason why some people don't do Netflix. The cost of the service isn't bad at all for $8 but the potential to be paying an extra $8, or $50+ on your inet data cap is kind of a drag.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
www.youtube.com
that is a huge reason why some people don't do Netflix. The cost of the service isn't bad at all for $8 but the potential to be paying an extra $8, or $50+ on your inet data cap is kind of a drag.

Ya I hear that Rogers is kind of a stickler for that, I am with Telus, the cap is buried in the small print at 75 gigs a month but I go waaaay over that every month and have not heard a peep from them about it.

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
We're netflix users as well and with Telus. I'm sure we go over our limit, but I've never heard my husband complain about it. We're also online gamers and on the computers a lot. All three combined is still cheaper than going to the movies. Although we're going to see Ice Age: Continental Drift this weekend. It's been a good summer for movies already (Madagascar 3 and Brave) so looking forward to seeing Ice Age as well.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
See the providers don't all regulate bandwidth the same way. I am with Cogeco (I also work for them). We have regulated bandwidth 3 different ways.

1) Limit set, go over it, and after 150% your service get suspended, 1st time for an instant reconnect after a redirect message, 2nd time for 24 hours, 3rd time until the rest of the month. Between all 3 stages you get a 1 gb limit.
This was the way until 3 years ago.

2) set limit, but no enforcement. That didn't last long at all and is slowly becoming a thing of the past for all providers.

3) Set limit, go over that limit and pay per GB depending on how much you go over.
Been like that for about 2-3 years. But there was always a hard cap of up to $50 per month extra on your bill.
For the 2 highest tiers now there is NO cap. So go over and you can be paying a lot extra in 1 month.

EDIT: and to tie this into the original topic. Kinda like CP. you just something's know what your going to get.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
www.youtube.com
See the providers don't all regulate bandwidth the same way. I am with Cogeco (I also work for them). We have regulated bandwidth 3 different ways.

1) Limit set, go over it, and after 150% your service get suspended, 1st time for an instant reconnect after a redirect message, 2nd time for 24 hours, 3rd time until the rest of the month. Between all 3 stages you get a 1 gb limit.
This was the way until 3 years ago.

2) set limit, but no enforcement. That didn't last long at all and is slowly becoming a thing of the past for all providers.

3) Set limit, go over that limit and pay per GB depending on how much you go over.
Been like that for about 2-3 years. But there was always a hard cap of up to $50 per month extra on your bill.
For the 2 highest tiers now there is NO cap. So go over and you can be paying a lot extra in 1 month.

EDIT: and to tie this into the original topic. Kinda like CP. you just something's know what your going to get.

I am kind of surprised they have not said anything about it yet. I am so sick of my telus bill every month as it is, think i am just going to move into a cabin in the woods and retire from technology all together at this point, more money for this, more money for that, the only person that isnt getting more money is me.......(its been a long hot week filled with too many hours worked without pay!)

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
I am kind of surprised they have not said anything about it yet. I am so sick of my telus bill every month as it is, think i am just going to move into a cabin in the woods and retire from technology all together at this point, more money for this, more money for that, the only person that isnt getting more money is me.......(its been a long hot week filled with too many hours worked without pay!)

Oh I hear you sir! It's sad when you stop and think about just 10 years ago how different finances were than they are today.

Lately I too have been burned by extra work with no extra pay.

Kevin H

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Connecticut

WOW! I thought that I was the only person who would remember Sliders! I really liked that show.....something different at the time. buy.com has all the seasons, but it looks like they don't ship to Canada. I see that season 3 is at Amazon.ca from a 3rd party seller for $14.33 + $3.49 for shipping. That's the best that I could find. On another note, it sounds like Canada Post is worse than the U.S. Postal service. I really didn't think that that could be possible!

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
What the :censored: !!!!!!!! since when does Expedited USA mean "hey, you think you might like the contents, pinch it....no one will know"?

View attachment 118311 still says it is hear somewhere...yes i should have seen something move by now, and no USPS still says last scan was here in Cana-DUH!? When i called CP yesterday the girl was in shock it still said the same thing, even sent the call to a supervisor.

What has me so steamed is not the fact i have to make a claim on the high insurance i put on it, It is not the fact that i loose face for a sale from the classifieds to a buyer in MN (i sent enough things there to kow it is 6 days max)....what really vaporizes my juice is that somewhere, in some part of this city a postie is sitting back with a brand spanking new LT Version 2, three imr batteries, two stainless steel drip tips, a bridge less atty, 20ml of jug heads juice, and flavors for DIY with a large carry case and Xtar charger..

Man i am seriously choked, and even now thinking on taking one or both of my ego dragon totem batteries and making there there is a firm connection square on/in the posties......atty this morning....(hey why not? I am not really using them since i purchased a brand spanking new evo version three for $20 direct from a vendor here in canada, and the Altoids box mod that takes 4 AA batteries).....my question is: Should i plan inserting his/her SR dual coils? or just a single LR? maybe grabbing their tanks and using that?

:mad::mad::mad::mad: :evil:

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
"Grab your tank" would make a fun euphemism. :D

Sorry to hear about that Constantine. That truly does suck when CP screws up big time like that -- and obviously, I know exactly how that feels.

On the flip side though, I had a Steam Machine VST shipped out from Greece last Thursday, apparently letter post. It was at Canada Customs by Sunday and out for delivery yesterday (missed it though so now I have to pick it up at the PO tonight.) One week from Greece. Letter post. And that includes 24 hours at Customs, which was the only time it stopped moving.

Someone at Canada Post had their Weetabix.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
On the flip side though, I had a Steam Machine VST shipped out from Greece last Thursday, apparently letter post. It was at Canada Customs by Sunday and out for delivery yesterday (missed it though so now I have to pick it up at the PO tonight.) One week from Greece. Letter post. And that includes 24 hours at Customs, which was the only time it stopped moving.

That's insane! I can't even get a package from Dartmouth to Alberta in that time span most times! Must be a CP noobie trying to impress imo!

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
The last two times I've ordered from Flavour Crafters I've received my order the very next day. Those are the days I love Canada Post! Unfortunately, those times are few and far between.

And Kevin H - yet another Sliders fan! :)

:p you got me, when the pilot came on i thought what a stupid show and there is no way using a Quantum irregularity and probability for a show would be something that could be good....3/4's of the way through season one i sat down and started watching it....and it was really good sat down last night to finally watch the pilot and howled in laughter then fell off the bed with the line's maybe i should make it (worm hole) bigger? how much power should i use? the response good lord the universe is now in the the greatest of perils with your mind of high intelligence and I can honestly say i saw Jesus go past me and he was driving a Cadillac

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Got a package sitting in their wearhouse 2012/07/18 04:44am MONTREAL Item processed at local delivery facility

Wake-up CP,I would like to have it for the weekend :)

Must be a vacations thing

anyone else getting a incredible sinking feeling we are heading towards them doing another strike?

Squish

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2012
Alberta
My awful neighborhood post office computer went down just before I got there to pick up my latest Canvape order. She puts it on the counter and i have to wait AN HOUR while she and the IT guy talk it through on the phone. Too bad I couldn't just sign a piece of paper instead of an electronic thingie. Gawd, maybe if they spent the money on proper equipment then the workers would be happier and not strike at all?

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON

Let us know what you think of the Steam Machine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread