Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
One thing I did find with the Nudge, I really don't like the chuff cap drip tip that comes with it. All just a matter of personal taste but I do find it much better when swapped out for one of the spare drip tips you get with the Recurve, the gunmetal Recurve spare drip tip is frosted black, goes nicely with the Nudge 22 and just feels better in my mouth (as the actress said to the bishop LOL).

I agree, the stock drip tip is not my favorite. I dont care much for 810 tips in general honestly. I shared this in another thread somewhere, but the 510 drip tip that came with my entheon clone has a disk shape that fits the cutout in the top of the nudge perfectly. I really enjoy this combo.

20180720_082427.jpg

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I like the Nudge, easy to build, very good flavour and nice design. I use it quite a lot but for me the Recurve just comes out on top. I like the airflow and draw more and not so noisy as the Nudge, one think I don't really like about the Nudge. I'd still use it over the tanks I have though (now mostly sold or gifted out) and even my dual coil (Drop and DJV). Recurve wins for me though, so much so I have a few more on order.

Totally agree. I have two ReCurves and like them a lot. After using the Nudge 22 for a while I find that it's very easy to over-squonk and have juice pouring out of the airflow slots. The ReCurve is much more forgiving and far less likely to leak. Really liking them.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Totally agree. I have two ReCurves and like them a lot. After using the Nudge 22 for a while I find that it's very easy to over-squonk and have juice pouring out of the airflow slots. The ReCurve is much more forgiving and far less likely to leak. Really liking them.

Are you running the large airflow top cap? I basically have to try to get mine to leak, but I run the small airflow cap which might be the reason I am not experiencing what you are.

My wife was complaining about spitback with her recurve. I adjusted the airflow, shut down one row, and it doesn't spit at all anymore.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Are you running the large airflow top cap? I basically have to try to get mine to leak, but I run the small airflow cap which might be the reason I am not experiencing what you are.

Yes.

I might try the reduced airflow cap, though I prefer more open. I tried both when I got the first Nudge and settled on cap with the larger holes. Might be worth a try on the smaller holes, now that I've used the other for a bit and see what happens. Thanks.

I still like the Nudge but do prefer the design of the Recurve's "cellular" airflow with a lot of small holes. It's a great design, really - with its array of small holes it gives a pretty good draw without allowing the juice to escape.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Never got spitback from my Recurves. Depends what coils you use and how you wick them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This.

If the coil is too hot, or wicked too loosely I get some spitback. I haven't had any (or very little) with the supplied coils wicked tightly with rayon.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

I agree. I’ve been using the Pico Squeeze 2 for about a month and hadn’t oversquonked until today using the Nudge 22. I’d been using the Coral 2 which and an Enthion. No problems with either. I absolutely LOVE the Nudge RDA tho and bought a 2nd one. I’ll just have to be careful about tipping it after a squonk.

I have a Recurve but I haven’t tried it yet. Looks like I should.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I have both the Nudge and the Recurve. I honestly don't think they can hang with the Entheon at all, not even close.

Just highlights once again how everyone's taste is subjective.

I finally setup my Recurve but as a dripper. It’s nice but you’re correct the Enthion is hard to surpass that being said I’m enjoying a more open af with the Nudge with the chuff drip tip it comes with. I like different af and draws with different juices which can change with my mood lol! Rn I have 3 drippers & a squonk setup with an Enthion, Nudge, Kennedy 1 of my all time faves!), and now a Recurve. And I use them all throughout the day lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread