Nudge me toward a Cthulhu replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
One of my Cthulhu's top fill got cross threaded and is seized up pretty good. I'm bottom filling for now, which is a pain, and to get the top off it's gonna mar it pretty good.

Cthulhu v1s are history, and I need a replacement tank.

I do not like how tall the Cthulhu v2 is, or the unnecessary juice flow.
I hate the build deck of the Bellus.
Aromamizer? Maybe.
I want top fill unless the bottom fill is super clean and easy.
I do not want another tank that pukes as much juice as my Cthulhus.
I want at least as much airflow as the Cthulhu v1.
I want a tank that wicks great at 40-50w and let's me go higher if I want.

Recommendations, let's have 'em and why. Thanks guys.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Uwell Crown? Don't know if I'd be happy with a single coil any more. Does it flow enough air for a Cthulhu guy? Does it wick? Can I hit it at 50w?
I haven't tried the crown tank with the rba. With the stock .25 coils it has good airflow, and can keep up at 60-70w with ease. I see people going higher than that, but have found no need to.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
nm I read in a couple places that the rba effectively turns the Crown into an ST Mini, not for me
Yeah. If that's the case I won't even bother picking up the rba, not a ST mini fan.

I guess you could look at the Billow v2? People like that one. I never tried it because I'm over the 4 post orchid/goblin/billow style decks.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
On 3 of my 4 Aromamizers two airholes are in front of the coils and 2 face the negative posts. I didn't know why one was different, but I think I do now: the o ring where the tank connects to the base is torn. However, that one has all 4 airholes crossing the deck at diagonals, which is great for the build I have in it.

toucandan229

Dec 11, 2014
South GA, USA
I must say I still thoroughly enjoy my zephyrus on the istick40. The flavor is up to par, the 5mls get's me through a day no problem, it comes with an rba base and the ability to buy premade coils, the thing looks slicker than any of my other tanks with a subtank mini drip tip on it+ blue o rings, and comes with replacement parts galore. Everything I need to give it a confident 5 out of 5 stars. I'll go ahead and tell you though, the deck on the zephyrus is bottle necking in it's functionality. Not to mention it takes practice to wick and an experienced builder to install coils. The chamber is so constricting that I can't even fit a 28g coil in there if it has over a 2.8mm diameter. 2.5mm with a 7 wrap of 26g n80 (.32ohm) is the way I've used it for months with not a single problem. That being said however I'll still stand by that tank any day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread