NYC bans ecigs indoors. The mind boggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobDaniel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Jackson, Michigan
jacobselectronics.net
I think the law is stupid, and the reason is more stupid.
Me personally, I don't really vape in non smoking areas. I am worried about being restricted from vaping outside.
For example, my college has a no smoking on campus, it would really be bad if they did the same for vaping.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
*Edit* actually, it's worth pointing out that it's not only BT that wants this - companies like V2, Green Smoke, Smokeless Image etc. all stand to benefit from refillables being outlawed since they're not in the business of making mods and e-liquids - anything that pushes vapers towards cigalikes is in their interest so don't expect more support from them than you would BT...

As I am a fan of V2, I'm curious about you are alleging about their business model.

V2 does sell juice and clearos, so perhaps I'm missing what you are saying they do or don't do.

Their batts are all cigalikes and is the only type of product I currently vape from. Yet, I recognize and am fairly certain V2 recognizes that an attack on non cigalikes is an attack on the industry as a whole.

I sometimes think if cigalikes were banned, but rest was not (for whatever reason), that some in the vaping community would be perfectly okay with this. Then I realize the ones that are well aware of the political fight, regardless of their device of choice, realize that cigalikes must be fought for just as much as any other device is fought for.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I think the law is stupid, and the reason is more stupid.
Me personally, I don't really vape in non smoking areas. I am worried about being restricted from vaping outside.
For example, my college has a no smoking on campus, it would really be bad if they did the same for vaping.

Exactly! It is the attempts to ban smoking and vaping outdoors that really gets me going. Who the helll cares if someone has a smoke in the car park in college? I though colleges were for adults, and not 5-years olds, anyways. Meanwhile, some cities I've heard are trying to ban smoking/vaping inside one's own apartment. I've heard rumors about them trying to ban smoking inside one's own house, infringing on my personal private property. This is when me, and many more like me, cease to be law-abiding citizens any more, and don't want to be either.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
As I am a fan of V2, I'm curious about you are alleging about their business model.

V2 does sell juice and clearos, so perhaps I'm missing what you are saying they do or don't do.

Their batts are all cigalikes and is the only type of product I currently vape from. Yet, I recognize and am fairly certain V2 recognizes that an attack on non cigalikes is an attack on the industry as a whole.

I sometimes think if cigalikes were banned, but rest was not (for whatever reason), that some in the vaping community would be perfectly okay with this. Then I realize the ones that are well aware of the political fight, regardless of their device of choice, realize that cigalikes must be fought for just as much as any other device is fought for.

I can't know what a company like V2 would do in terms of protecting its market share and yes, you're right of course - they do offer more than just batteries and pre-filled cartos - the question is rather, would V2 be content with selling just batteries and pre-filled cartos rather than challenge legislation designed to removed bottled e-liquids and refillable tanks. It all depends on where they're making their money - if on the balance sheet there's more to be gained by accepting any rulings rather than attempting to legally challenge them then I suspect that's what they'll do - especially since they run a successful business doing just that (in addition to their other products).

For companies like Green Smoke, that don't offer their customers any alternative to pre-filled cartos, it's obviously less of an issue.

I hope that (BT aside), all of the current e-cig vendors will work with legislators to provide an open market that embraces PVs and APVs as much as cigalikes but it's clear that some companies have more to lose with this kind of legislation than others, and the ones that have little to lose may just stay silent throughout all this.

*Edit* and re: cigalikes, yes - they're going to be legislated on too but it seems that most governments are in agreement that e-cigs may be a useful aid to smoking cessation (and also a significant source of tax income) - the only thing that's in doubt is how they're going to be regulated, with many nations (including the UK) wanting them to fall under medical regulation.

I'm pretty confident that cigalikes will be around for the long-term - whether we'll want to buy them after these various governments have finished legislating them remains to be seen...

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I can't know what a company like V2 would do in terms of protecting its market share and yes, you're right of course - they do offer more than just batteries and pre-filled cartos - the question is rather, would V2 be content with selling just batteries and pre-filled cartos rather than challenge legislation designed to removed bottled e-liquids and refillable tanks. It all depends on where they're making their money - if on the balance sheet there's more to be gained by accepting any rulings rather than attempting to legally challenge them then I suspect that's what they'll do - especially since they run a successful business doing just that (in addition to their other products).

Actually, V2 does more than what you'll find on V2 site. The Smoke Free Alternatives Trade Association (SFATA) is, in my understanding, V2's political outreach organization. I'll let you do the research on what they are up to, but in my limited research, it doesn't exist just to benefit V2.

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
Actually, V2 does more than what you'll find on V2 site. The Smoke Free Alternatives Trade Association (SFATA) is, in my understanding, V2's political outreach organization. I'll let you do the research on what they are up to, but in my limited research, it doesn't exist just to benefit V2.

Hmm... I can't seem to see the US site (just keep getting redirected to the UK one) and there's no mention of their political outreach organization on there - still, I'm always happy to be proven wrong about the corporate world and I hope they continue to be invested in the interests of all vapers as opposed to just their customers :)

*Edit* OK, found it - yeah, the SFATA site does seem pretty balanced - I'd love to see who their members are though :)

*Edit* Found that too :D

V2 -founding member - funnily enough, Green Smoke's the other founding member.

ProVape's on this list as a Domestic Manufacturer so that's got to be a good sign :)

Last edited:

ToeJamX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Palm Beach, Fl
The saddest thing of all, is the hypocrisy surrounding e-cigs.

I'll make it brief, but here's a short history lesson for you. There is one commodity that basically enabled America to become one of the wealthiest, self-sustaining countries in the world. This product was directly responsible for our way of life. Over the past two hundred years, the sale of this product has brought billions of dollars to this country, and now we seem to be doing everything possible to cast it in a negative light. That commodity is tobacco.

So, now we know about the risk factors, and have moved on to alternative delivery devices. Why can't it just be left at that?

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I know, right. They're on a mission to destroy America, to take over the world. It sickens me.
I ran across this site tonight and watched the very important video. Everything he says is truly happening. Dams being blown, Forrest's over growing, (extreme fire danger, plus poverty from not being able to log what needs thinning), and so on. It's a game plan. The county's used to be the leaders of us, plus benefit from the employed people. Then the county got bypassed and the state took most of it. Then the Fed became the reciever, then the UN and the bankers. The counties & states are in poverty because all our money goes to the UN & bankers. The UN (NWO) BRIBES the states ... you want a grant, then do this. The same for the counties. They are ALL selling the people out for GRANTS, for money, on EVERY LEVEL. I thought it was just big Pharma & TSET, vaping and smokes, but it's bigger.
You'll have to watch the video. At the end he lays the laws out very clearly. Light bulbs go off in the head. I remember when it was called PUBLIC land, not Federal land! Lightbulb! Anyway, he also helps to get to the root of the problem to fight this crapiolie.
Let's join the movement! Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread