• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Obama ask why are you a christian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigham1

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Camden, SC
In the bible we did similar things. That doesn't mean we are evil or terrorists? Does it? You know the bible so we don't need to go over women not being allowed to speak, stoning people for not believing, having more than one wife and so on.

Also please don't use the explanation that that is the old testament. Every church that I have ever been to still teaches out of the old as well as the new testaments.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Bigham1 we don't do those things now.. for the Love of God and everything holy we're talking about NOW.. we're under the new covenant of 'Grace' not laws... Islam is not the same dear heart! Please HEAR me! I know.. I've been there and I 'lived' it.. there's a BIG difference! Christians don't stone one another anymore! Muslims do sweetie!!!! Please! God's gonna have to give you some enlightenment on this... I can't do it.. you're being carnal about all of this.. open your 'spiritual' eyes on this...
Sorry... the only explanation is the 'truth' and the truth is you're comparing the Old Testament when it no longer applies.. sorry. Now excuse me, I have to retire for the evening... I have to be about my Father's work. ♥
A Simple handmaiden for Christ, Eve

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Wait a minute Bigham1, God won't allow me to 'rest' until I've explained to you the 'difference' between what Christians were COMMANDED by Him to do versus what Islam does in the name of ALLAH.. who is not Him, our God, Yahweh.
People of the Old testament were not Christians, by the way.... they were JEWS and ARABS.. and JEWS & Arabs alike in those days had stoning laws.. among lots of other laws, many having nothing to do with God.. so on many occasions those people stoned when GOD had NOTHING to do with it, or any part in it. JESUS later PREVENTED People from stoning Mary Magdalene, remember? GOD only led Christians to triumph over the EVIL people, those who were worshiping idols, and what have you. He is a perfect HOLY and just God, and I don't question what He did then NOW or ever.. God did what He did for the 'reasons' He deems just..who are WE to question Him?. He is perfect FATHER, we the wayward Children He has to correct from time to time. Christ changed all of that and heralded in the age of 'Grace'.. so no more do we WAR or launch wars because People do whatever it is they do, whatever.. (I'm getting kind of tired of typing here.. lol)... So, either you believe the GOD of the Bible is just, righteous & true, is not a man that He can lie, and has everything worked out & we triumph with Him in the end, or he's not. That's a decision YOU have to make.. not me. It's settled with me. I'm a born again, blood bought, saved by Grace, not by denomination or RELIGION, but by a living RELATIONSHIP with God in Christ. Radical Fundamentalist Islam will WAR to the Death as long as they breathe.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Here is a question. Do you think someone who is not from our religion (Christianity) would look at us as a peaceful people? of course they wouldn't. How do you think a Muslim feels when we call their wholly sacred Qu'aran a terrorist manual? Posted by Bigham1.

How do I think they feel? CAUGHT

Did Jesus die for them? Yes! But they have to be saved like all other true Christians. You post like you know some Scripture, but I'm not quite sure you even know what you're posting, as you're trying to cause discord, with conversation that you think will ruffle my feathers. I'm molting and don't have any. I'm not going to play ping pong (back and forth) with you on this as you know the truth and are still trying to defend a religion that is not of Almighty God. Be very careful as that is very dangerous. You cannot call yourself a Gospel believing Christian and defend Islam. I believe they have the right to worship however they wish. However, if you wish to argue with Someone about Islam, argue with Jesus. I can honestly tell you that you won't win. Fini

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Here is a question. Do you think someone who is not from our religion (Christianity) would look at us as a peaceful people? of course they wouldn't. How do you think a Muslim feels when we call their wholly sacred Qu'aran a terrorist manual? Posted by Bigham1.

I don't know how 'someone', whoever that might be, looks at Christians. They're not supposed to look at us, they're supposed to look at CHRIST. Christ is the way the truth and the light.. no Man comes to the Father (God) but by/through Him Christians are just SINNERS saved by Grace. Who called the Qua'ran a 'terrorist Manual?'... I didn't. All I did was factually state it's a Book NOT from God and that it advocates Violence on all that is not Islam, Women & Children. I didn't say Muslims were'nt allowed to practice their Faith in Peace... I'm praying they do, but experience makes me question they will. The Bible states they certainly won't... read the Book again paying attention the the really important parts instead of the 'terrorist' God you're implying it portrays. Are you 'apologizing' to others for being a Christian and following an unjust malevolent God? If not then I beseech you to lay aside your theologies for a moment to seek the God you consider to be so unfair & unjust and allow Him to address your tyrannies against Him because it's apparent there is nothing WE can say that will persuade you as evidenced. We've given you just 'reasons' & 'causes' and you keep asking the same questions.. Why did GOD allow killing and how are we different from Islam? Let me now ask YOU a question. Why is it OK for everyone else to expect us Christians to be perfect and peaceful when nobody else is? Only Christ was sinless, perfect and HOLY.. none of His followers ever were and never will be, nor do most profess to be,so Why do you and everyone else demand that of us?
To answer your Question, "How do I think most Muslims feel when we call their Holy Book a terrorist's Manual?"... probably not good, some horrible, some could care less & others justified. Want to know how "I" feel when I want to SHARE topics with fellow believers in a Christian Forum and I can't do it because professing Christians insist on telling me my Holy & Righteous GOD is an unjust liar and His unerring & living word, the Bible, is a book of fallacies? Horrible! Heartbroken... sometimes defeated. Because I KNOW it's not the truth. When will you cease & desist with this unholy inquisition of yours Bigham1? When everyone on this Board proclaims, "You're right, we're ALL wrong... All religions are peaceful and equal, all paths lead to God"... would that make you happy? I close with this and then I will say no more on this thread ever again. The Holy Spirit won't allow me. There is a warning for us here. Proverbs 4:23 warns us to guard our hearts diligently, and here we see part of the reason. These men thought they were making independent decisions in their own interests, but in reality they were mere pawns in the hands of a much greater power who cared no more for them than he did for Job's servants. When we walk outside the will of God, we open the door to the same kind of manipulation by the same malevolent spirit, for everything outside of obedience to God is sin. Romans 6 warns us that we can choose to be instruments of righteousness or of unrighteousness, depending on who we choose to obey.
A simple handmaiden for Christ spreading the good news of the Gospel to those who will hear it, Eve

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
By the way, TRUE Christians have never killed anybody in the name of God... only Satanicly appointed NUT JOBS have done that, because they KNEW this stratagem would convince & sway MILLIONS away from the truth of GOD and into eternal damnation. Whenever you see an alleged RELIGION killing in the name of God, I show you a political ideology masquerading under the guise of religion. Read the Bible I implore you... Christ's message is one of Love & Peace... Read the Qu'aran and you'll see it's all about WAR, bloodshed and killing the INFIDEL... there's no peace in it. I know because I was MARRIED to a Muslim and read the Qu'aran myself. I've also read the Bible. I suggest anyone in doubt of the diametrically opposing themes of these two books do the same.. Please, can we have some PEACE on these threads again?! WHERE are these People coming from and WHY are they here? WHY do we bother them so?!!!!! ('pulling my hair out' Emoticon needed here)

Thats exactly right. Couldn't have said it better

Bigham1

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Camden, SC
The point is missed once again. Everyone here is too busy defending their religion and reassuring themselves that they are saved they have been blinded. I am not attacking my religion. I am trying to show people that All muslims are not evil it is just a few radicals. Our bible old and new testaments together IS very similar to theirs. This is not able to be disputed. Just read them.

THere have been killings in the name of god and jesus. That is a fact! They are radicals also. The point of showing this was to show us how we might be viewed from an outsider. I am not saying that all of us are crazy.

Once again my point is we are Christians and we shouldn't condem a whole race or religion by the actions of a few. If we do this then we might be condemed from the actions of a few crazy christians.

We are supposed to love everyone and yet it is clear that it is not happening. Jesus said that it is not what you put into your mouth but what comes out of it and I hear fear and hatred for a race and religion based on the actions of a few.

I myself have never seen anyone being stoned since have been alive by any religion.

Enough said! Either you get my point or your are totally lost in your own world and don't have any understanding or compassion for people of another religion because of misguided information.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
The point is missed once again. Everyone here is too busy defending their religion and reassuring themselves that they are saved they have been blinded. I am not attacking my religion. I am trying to show people that All muslims are not evil it is just a few radicals. Our bible old and new testaments together IS very similar to theirs. This is not able to be disputed. Just read them.

THere have been killings in the name of god and jesus. That is a fact! They are radicals also. The point of showing this was to show us how we might be viewed from an outsider. I am not saying that all of us are crazy.

Once again my point is we are Christians and we shouldn't condem a whole race or religion by the actions of a few. If we do this then we might be condemed from the actions of a few crazy christians.

We are supposed to love everyone and yet it is clear that it is not happening. Jesus said that it is not what you put into your mouth but what comes out of it and I hear fear and hatred for a race and religion based on the actions of a few.

I myself have never seen anyone being stoned since have been alive by any religion.

Enough said! Either you get my point or your are totally lost in your own world and don't have any understanding or compassion for people of another religion because of misguided information.

It took me all of 3 minutes to find several examples of modern day public stoning of women. This is a FACT and just because you have never seen it, does not mean that it is not going on today in other countries. Also, public execution of homosexuals go on too, and many "honor killings" and the total domination and torment of the people. Google is your friend. I think most of us are HORRIFIED at what they do in the name of God. It's terrible!!!!!! And it's going on today!!!! We don't have a problem with Jews, Hindu's, Buddhists, because they aren't doing these horrible things like this! So, it has nothing to do with being a different religion then Christians, it's all about the barbaric torture of people that we have a problem with. Open your eyes brother!!!!

Woman filmed being stoned by Taliban

BBC News - Iran TV airs 'confession' from woman facing stoning
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Iranian woman faces being stoned to death for adultery | The Australian

BBC News : Somali woman stoned for adultery

LUKE Chapter 8 says:
8:1 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 1 8:2 Early in the morning he came to the temple courts again. All the people came to him, and he sat down and began to teach 2 them. 8:3 The experts in the law 3 and the Pharisees 4 brought a woman who had been caught committing adultery. They made her stand in front of them 8:4 and said to Jesus, 5 “Teacher, this woman was caught in the very act of adultery. 8:5 In the law Moses commanded us to stone to death 6 such women. 7 What then do you say?” 8:6 (Now they were asking this in an attempt to trap him, so that they could bring charges against 8 him.) 9 Jesus bent down and wrote on the ground with his finger. 10 8:7 When they persisted in asking him, he stood up straight 11 and replied, 12 “Whoever among you is guiltless 13 may be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8:8 Then 14 he bent over again and wrote on the ground.

8:9 Now when they heard this, they began to drift away one at a time, starting with the older ones, 15 until Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 8:10 Jesus stood up straight 16 and said to her, “Woman, 17 where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 8:11 She replied, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you either. Go, and from now on do not sin any more.”]] 18

Now, I think there is a whole lot of misunderstanding going on around here. For the most part, I think most Christians do not condemn the muslim people as a whole, they condem the barbaric law that they are subject to, the brutal treatment of women, the total control and domination and fear that they rule their people with. That's what we hate, and guess what? JESUS HATED IT TOO!

Matthew 11:30 Says:
30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Says JESUS!!!!!

So, perhaps we Christians actually have great compassion and understanding of what these people are going through, so much so that we hate the way they are being treated, no freedom there. Perhaps we have a greater understanding then you do about it.

We do love everyone, and for that reason we spread the good news of the love of Jesus! So, maybe you're the one who is missing the point brother.

Last edited:

providencewouldhaveit

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas
Did anyone hear about the National Day of Prayer not being upheld. OOps just read snopes and they say this was wrong.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/prayerday.asp

I don't know how anyone claiming to be a Christian could go to a hate group church for so many years and then claim to not know what the preacher believed.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
You are absolutely right! Wright is wrong, and this is the only time! :laugh: Sorry, bad joke. Watching what is happening to our country is breaking my heart.......millions of other Americans as well. How America is treating Israel is wrong. I'm embarrassed in front of Almighty God. I would never have believed this if I hadn't read Revelation a zillion times. Wish I could retain more......fibro fog......oh look there's a squirrel! :laugh:

Did anyone hear about the National Day of Prayer not being upheld. OOps just read snopes and they say this was wrong.
snopes.com: National Day of Prayer

I don't know how anyone claiming to be a Christian could go to a hate group church for so many years and then claim to not know what the preacher believed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread