Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
After some reading here and Mike's review I decided to give the new Crius Plus a shot. Looks nice, hopefully doesn't leak, looks flexible to build on, especially with the single coil adapter block, for $19 from ecig it was hard to say no. Hopefully it lives up to the review.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So the Crius Plus arrived today from ecig. Big tank. Way big tank. Looks nicely machined, no smell or oil on it that I could tell. Rinsed and finished my first build on it with a single 3 mm 8 wrap 316 SS 28G coil and the single coil adapter in place.

It's a very easy deck to build on. You could probably land a plane on it. Wicking was OK, but because it has that little fixed ring in place around the juice holes a bit harder to stuff down without compacting the cotton. Put it back together, filled it (and filled it, seemed to take the whole bottle), and mounted it o my mod. Absolutely no leak do far, which is always encouraging on the first build of a brand new tank and you have no idea what you're doing.

I have the top airflow off for now, and the bottom dialed down as it's only single coil. It works fine this way, but I can tell performance for DL will be better in the dual coil mode. I'm not a DL person, so the air is all throttled down. It's ok like this, but not like my other mtl tanks, although the flavor is better than I would have expected given the inappropriate unorthodox higher ohm setup I'm using. So far an easy and very forgiving tank to build and wick, but it sure is big.

After a bit of play today, and an observation period on a Kleenex tonight to make sure there is no long term seepage, I'll probably rebuild it with a dual coil tomorrow and see how it behaves. So far it's a nice tank, especially for $20.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Update. nice and dry through the night, so rebuilt it today with dual coil 26G Kanthal, came in about 0.55 ohm, wicked it and filled. Even with the top airflow off, this has a ton of air. As I'm not usually a DL user, I can tell you it's a major hit after MTL. Not sure how quickly I'll adjust to it, but if anyone is looking for a big airy velocity deck, this thing is great. Oh, and still dry as a bone with the new wicking today, so I'd say this is a solid tank as far as that. Certainly doesn't require any fussy fancy wicking to keep it dry, because I'm not good at doing that stuff but the vape and tank are fine.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Update. nice and dry through the night, so rebuilt it today with dual coil 26G Kanthal, came in about 0.55 ohm, wicked it and filled. Even with the top airflow off, this has a ton of air. As I'm not usually a DL user, I can tell you it's a major hit after MTL. Not sure how quickly I'll adjust to it, but if anyone is looking for a big airy velocity deck, this thing is great. Oh, and still dry as a bone with the new wicking today, so I'd say this is a solid tank as far as that. Certainly doesn't require any fussy fancy wicking to keep it dry, because I'm not good at doing that stuff but the vape and tank are fine.
Look what you started lol! I ordered one & it's all your fault. :D

zapete

Sep 19, 2015
Got myself a Plus. Love the smoothness of the airflow compared to the Griffin. Flavor is average. Nothing spectacular. Clouds for days. Leaks? In the span of 2 days, I've yet to experience any.

The downsides though are rather major for me, at least.

The airflow control ring is extremely stiff. It is practically immovable when it is screwed on a RX200S. I have to unscrew the atomizer to adjust the airflow. In fact, I've managed to scratch the 510 connection area due to screwing it down tightly by trying to adjust the airflow and the juice flow control.

The other thing is the juice flow control. It is also extremely stiff. This leads me to a question for Plus owners: Should I be able to spin it continuously in one direction when closing and opening the channels, or is closing done clockwise and opening anticlockwise? Either way, it still is extremely stiff.

The cons outweigh the pros therefore I wouldn't recommend this atomizer despite loving (and still use mind you) the 22mm Crius v3 (I own 3).

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Have you tried it on any other 510 connectors than the RX200? I've fit it on 2 DNA 200s, and even a CF4, with no problems adjusting the bottom airflow at all. I wonder if it's a specific problem to the 510 on there. As to the juice flow, I've turned it in both clockwise and counterclockwise without a problem.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Got myself a Plus. Love the smoothness of the airflow compared to the Griffin. Flavor is average. Nothing spectacular. Clouds for days. Leaks? In the span of 2 days, I've yet to experience any.

The airflow control ring is extremely stiff. It is practically immovable when it is screwed on a RX200S. I have to unscrew the atomizer to adjust the airflow. In fact, I've managed to scratch the 510 connection area due to screwing it down tightly by trying to adjust the airflow and the juice flow control.

The other thing is the juice flow control. It is also extremely stiff. This leads me to a question for Plus owners: Should I be able to spin it continuously in one direction when closing and opening the channels, or is closing done clockwise and opening anticlockwise? Either way, it still is extremely stiff.

The cons outweigh the pros therefore I wouldn't recommend this atomizer despite loving (and still use mind you) the 22mm Crius v3 (I own 3).
The air does seem to sit right on top of the mod on some of my devices, so, yeah, that could be a con I'd fiddling with air is your thing. I don't, so once I have it dialed in, I leave it alone.

The jfc is stiff up to a point. I can only turn it counter just so far, so that's what I do... turn it until it stops, then back it into position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Beeker25

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2016

Very true....both air rings are stiff but I haven't had issues with the juice flow control. I don't recall which way I spin it. In any case, I do remove the tank from the mod before refilling since the tightness of the air rings make it difficult to do it on the mod. If you know that you are going to vape a certain juice this is less of a problem in the sense that it is a large capacity tank and you won't be refilling too often. I keep both air rings fully open and have been pretty happy with the performance. Flavor seems good for me. I personally don't like going overboard on it since that translates to me, 'wetter vape' and I prefer mine dry. To me the real test of a RBA is whether it stays dry and you can wick it easily. And the Plus passes both tests. The wells are a bit hard to work with due to that non removable well ring and I keep thinking I'm damming the thing up but it's been feeding like a charm. Tank looks cool. It rolls in my rotation.

Reactions: Kloudz

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I have to say I do like this tank and the build quality, but I am not that impressed with the flavor production, albiet I only put a few builds in it, I thought this would have better flavor, now it may be I just need to find the right build for it, but kind of lost intrest in it.
I find it to be one of my favorites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Kloudz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Phoenix, Az
www.youtube.com
This tank has wicked air flow, but I seem to lose clouds. I vape a 90/10 juice.
Build I like is a spaced 7 wrap 24g kanthal dual coils which ohms out at .25 on a ipv3LI.
I get dry hits at 50 watts and juice in the mouth at 45w. I keep the bottom ring all the way open and the top ring closed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have the same exact build in a tfv4 rta and get massive clouds.

Beeker25

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2016
I've done some further vaping and comparing. Flavor is not quite up to the level of the Billow V3 or Mage. I discovered this by accident while having the same juice in this tank and the V3. The Billow definitely tastes better. Unfortunately my Billow isn't built as well as the OBS (weeping out the bottom of the build deck).

Reactions: Clark Kent

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    After some reading here and Mike's review I decided to give the new Crius Plus a shot. Looks nice, hopefully doesn't leak, looks flexible to build on, especially with the single coil adapter block, for $19 from ecig it was hard to say no. Hopefully it lives up to the review.

Is the single coil adapter block in the box? I just took the crius plus out of the box, cleaned it and put in dual coils. I didn't even lift up the insert inside the box. This was the first time I've ever built dual coils. I will have to look when I get home to see if that adapter is in there. I'd like to try it with a single coil. So far the flavor I'm getting seems pretty good but not as good as my merlin. I am of course having to run higher watts than I'm used to with the dual coils and am most likely running them too cool. I did two six wrap 26 gauge 316l coils and am running at 25 watts with the airflow closed some.

Reactions: MMW
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread