Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
So I love my Zeus, the ease building and consistent flavor keep me using those exclusively. I want to love my Nano's since I have four but just don't get the flavor out of them but I know it's got to be my build.

I went through part of the OBS Nano thread but damn it's a lot of reading to find the build information scattered.

If you have your's in it's sweet spot could you please post your method. I normally use a spaced 24ga SS 316L coil.

How far off the posts are you putting your coil and how far above the AF is it? I just can't find a sweet spot.

If you can post pictures and estimate in mm how far from the posts and AF that would be helpful, I want to show these rta's some love.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Well if its you its me too. I could never get flavor out of the Nano as compared to the Zeus and believe me its not from lack of trying.I just retired my Nano.

Interesting, I thought it was something I was doing wrong and I've built it at least 20 times trying 20 different builds. I was thinking it would be worth throwing them up for sale but wanted to give it one more shot.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Sorry I don’t have any building pics to post for you but I was unimpressed at first with the flavor. It was suggested several times to raise the coil as high as much as possible. It has made a world of difference!

I’ve been using ss 316L 28g round spaced coils at about .45ohms or slightly more and at about 35 Watts. I like a warm vape though.

I hope this helps somewhat. It really did make it a great RTA.

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
It was suggested several times to raise the coil as high as much as possible. It has made a world of difference!

I’ve been using ss 316L 28g round spaced coils at about .45ohms or slightly more and at about 35 Watts. I like a warm vape though.

Thanks Fidola, I'll give it a shot. How far off the posts do you position the coil? I've kept it pretty tight so suggestions would help.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My go to is a 3mm tri core fc ss 5-7 wraps depending on juice. Position the coil center on posts and closer to posts. Short combed/thinned tails just tucked into wick holes. No spitback or gurgles. I'm putting another into rotation tomorrow and will post a couple of pics for you Marc.

I'm the opposite of most, I benched one Zeus and pif'd the unopened one. Too airy even closed down. Shame, I still believe the Zeus has the smoothest sexiest af on the market.

Reactions: Marc411

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Thanks Letitia, I'll give the positioning a shot. I thin the tails no matter what I build, I believe it wicks better that way. So far the Nano vapes great it just doesn't produce the flavor I get from the Zeus but it kicks out the vapor. I've never had issues with flooding or spit back, not yet anyway.

Real strange how one persons favorite is another persons problem. In the big thread you mentioned a couple times it is your favorite, I just can't find my sweet spot.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Sorry I don’t have any building pics to post for you but I was unimpressed at first with the flavor. It was suggested several times to raise the coil as high as much as possible. It has made a world of difference!

I’ve been using ss 326L 28g round spaced coils at about .45ohms or slightly more and at about 35 Watts. I like a warm vape though.

Thanks Fidola, I'll give it a shot. How far off the posts do you position the coil? I've kept it pretty tight so suggestions would help.

Probably about 2mm. I’ll check tomorrow. I need to rework it so I’ll take some pics and post them.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I think it's the back airflow hole that mutes some flavor.
Seem it's too far away from the coil.
I tried plugging the back hole and noticed no improvement for flavor, but did restrict the draw in a way I didn't care for. More than a few swear by using the plug tho. I think the something about the Nano just hits all my needs and sweet spot.

• Agree
Reactions: puffon

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Well Letitia I followed your advice and built the Nano with a 22ga 316L four wrap spaced coil, it came in at .15Ω

I lifted the coil so that the top was about 1mm from the top of the two posts and I have to say that the flavor is vastly improved, these will be added back into the rotation.

Thank you!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well Letitia I followed your advice and built the Nano with a 22ga 316L four wrap spaced coil, it came in at .15Ω

I lifted the coil so that the top was about 1mm from the top of the two posts and I have to say that the flavor is vastly improved, these will be added back into the rotation.

Thank you!
Glad it worked out for you . Apologies for forgetting to post my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread