Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
In one I have a 6 wrap tri core fc 3mm contact coil installed. In another I have a 4 wrap tri core fc 3mm spaced coil. Both are ss. I use KGD and/or Drago egyptian cotton. KGD I thin tails, but leave a big shoulder and just tuck into juice channels. I didn't have good luck with leaving them longer, but some do.

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

sneipen

Nov 3, 2017
Norway
Something like this. Tried 3 coiøs last night and ammount cotton to get.more flavor. Kanthal fused clapton atm. 28ga. Wonder how it will performe with 26-24ga. Clapton. Wrong pic. This happened after a cotton fail.. hehe
Can take a new pic. Next time i open it up.

Attachments

• 20171122_233017.jpg
    20171122_233017.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 332
  • 20171122_230222.jpg
    20171122_230222.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 324
Reactions: Letitia

Allutwo

Nov 26, 2017
Romania
Something like this. Tried 3 coiøs last night and ammount cotton to get.more flavor. Kanthal fused clapton atm. 28ga. Wonder how it will performe with 26-24ga. Clapton. Wrong pic. This happened after a cotton fail.. hehe
Can take a new pic. Next time i open it up.

Isn't that too little cotton?

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    The last build. Get some flavor, but would be nice with more. Not that bad tho.
    Next build try moving the coil up, so the top of the coil is flush with the top of the posts.
    I wish they revised this tank and eliminated the second air hole way on the other side of the coil.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Trial and error sneipen. Play with af and wattage with each new wick and same with each coil. Vape a tank and adjust coil a little. Use same wick. Vape awhile and if no better adjust the wick a bit etc. Only adjust one or the other or you won't know what finally works. Tedious I know. From your pic I can tell you I leave a bigger shoulder on my wick.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Next build try moving the coil up, so the top of the coil is flush with the top of the posts.
    I wish they revised this tank and eliminated the second air hole way on the other side of the coil.
    Not saying you are wrong, but did not work for me.

sneipen

Nov 3, 2017
    Norway
    The last parallel was 0.4ohm.
    Using a clapton now, its about 0.76ohm.
    With latest build, im vaping it on 25-32watt, depending on how warm i want it. I can go higher, but it gets a bit to warm for my liking, and not much difference in flavor.
    I manage to get some flavor in last build, i have it about 1mm over screwholes, considering trying to center the coil closer to the "pins" so i get it as centered as i can to where air goes when i use it. Atm i can see about 50-60% of the coil looking down from the mouthpiece. What do you experts say to that idea?

I uploaded so pics of current build here. OBS Engine Nano - Builds? If anyone wanna check it out.

Trial and error sneipen. Play with af and wattage with each new wick and same with each coil. Vape a tank and adjust coil a little. Use same wick. Vape awhile and if no better adjust the wick a bit etc. Only adjust one or the other or you won't know what finally works. Tedious I know. From your pic I can tell you I leave a bigger shoulder on my wick.

True, but trying to make the learningcurve shorter by learning from others. :p
    Ok, i will give it a try next time. Should i have more length and make the cotton go a little higher than the coil?
    And again, tnx for the help.

Reactions: stols001

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Not saying you are wrong, but did not work for me.
    This is one you have to play with.
    Contrary to some, what worked for me was get the coil as close to the airhole as possible and slightly above it. Next time I build it I'm going to try to block the second air hole with cotton.
    With a Zeus on the way, not sure when or if I get to it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    This is one you have to play with.
    Contrary to some, what worked for me was get the coil as close to the airhole as possible and slightly above it. Next time I build it I'm going to try to block the second air hole with cotton.
    With a Zeus on the way, not sure when or if I get to it.
    Zeus learning curve is very short. Loving it. Nano works for me with coil close to posts and dead center. Odd how so many have different results with same gear in hand.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    The reason I made this thread was because I wicked it a few times but can't seem to get it right. I usually chain vape and after a few hits I'm getting a dry hit. I found something on reddit on how to wick it, but haven't tried it out yet, have any of you? (attaching pics)

View attachment 703795 View attachment 703793 View attachment 703791 View attachment 703789
    Tails are too thick and the way you have cotton over wick holes does not allow for any air. Leave the shoulders and thin tails, trim so they sit just inside holes, make sure they have wiggle room. I've run staggered fc and four core fc in mine with no issues. With that coil you will probably need to leave af wide open.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread