Status
Not open for further replies.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Looking forward to your impressions, ricks. I'm really enjoying my mark 1 Engines (do you have one?), and wouldn't mind picking up a pair of these Nano models for single coil. I'm keen to know whether the bases are swappable. Hopefully a reviewer will let us know soon.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Looking forward to your impressions, ricks. I'm really enjoying my mark 1 Engines (do you have one?), and wouldn't mind picking up a pair of these Nano models for single coil. I'm keen to know whether the bases are swappable. Hopefully a reviewer will let us know soon.
I ordered the 2 of them for $43 and change... Had to do it. My first Engines

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Doubt you can swap them as with top airflow, the air is/should be directed differently for a single coil than a dual coil deck. Not saying it can't be done (I've seen a few folks put a single coil on the dual deck) but not sure the performance would be the same.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Doubt you can swap them as with top airflow, the air is/should be directed differently for a single coil than a dual coil deck.

After further research, it seems it CAN'T be done, at least not off-the-shelf. They've changed the deck and chamber to use a single guide-tab/guide-slot, so the old chamber won't fit on the new deck (unless you're willing to get out the Dremel, which I'm not).

They also have some chinglish market-text about airflow changes: "Change the airflow hole from top to side, the air hit the wire closer." Unhelpfully, they don't include any pictures looking up into the Nano's chamber.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread