Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
So I got my Engine 2 today! Not nearly so hard to build as I expected thanks to @Rixsta suggestion on copying that bend that comes on the included coils. Threw some fused Claptons in and what a nice vape. Warm, flavorful, nice touch of moisture to the vape. No spitting, flooding, or hint of a dry hit even when chain vaping on it. I really like this one. Will no doubt get a few more for the collection.

View attachment 752573
Great Eskie, good to see you, hope all is well and congrats on the OBS V2.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Tip o' the hat to @Rixsta for the coil insertion method!
I've been vaping two of these tanks since I got the coil/wicking down.
No other tank I own provide the vaping joy that this tank does, and that takes in a lot of tanks.

If you have questions about buying one, just pick it up then refer to the coil/wicking provided earlier in this thread.

Reactions: Eskie

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Tip o' the hat to @Rixsta for the coil insertion method!
I've been vaping two of these tanks since I got the coil/wicking down.
No other tank I own provide the vaping joy that this tank does, and that takes in a lot of tanks.

If you have questions about buying one, just pick it up then refer to the coil/wicking provided earlier in this thread.
Have you compared it to the Geekvape Zeus?

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Have you compared it to the Geekvape Zeus?

No, I am quite happy with these on my DNA Cs so no reason to get different tanks/mods.
At some point, you gotta say "This is great" and quit chasing after some little bit more. In my case, the 'better' item rarely is.

Heresy, I know.

Reactions: Eskie
Received my Engine II last tuesday, in black. Building takes getting used, but not as bad as i thought it would be. Running it with 2 0.8 claptons, coming at .43 ohm. Started at 65w, but I find strangely enough that its better at lower watts. Really like the flavour this produces, better than the Nano.

I wick using the Scottish Roll method, and that is really brilliant!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I do think the deck appears overly complicated for some users. The whole mount upside down scares folks off. I'm enjoying my Engine 2s and have one in daily rotation. But with more top air options on the market folks will gravitate towards a simpler velocity or postless deck style over the hanging thing.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
The hangman deck is simple and easy to build on but on a velocity deck I can hold both coils in place to screw down. I don't mind placing one coil at a time ,three or four years ago we had to place one coil at a time. We have been spoiled with the new attys coming out ??

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Anyone have recommendations on 510 drip tips? I would love one that is as tall or slightly taller than the stock tip. Same width at the base as the stock put tapers to a more narrow opening at the top. Would love it if I could find that shape in a multitude of colors so I could differentiate my collection of tanks. Since I've gone to running a fleet of these I've resorted to the sniff test when I need to refill. God forbid I top off an RY4 tank with ButterMint.

Reactions: Letitia

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Anyone have recommendations on 510 drip tips? I would love one that is as tall or slightly taller than the stock tip. Same width at the base as the stock put tapers to a more narrow opening at the top. Would love it if I could find that shape in a multitude of colors so I could differentiate my collection of tanks. Since I've gone to running a fleet of these I've resorted to the sniff test when I need to refill. God forbid I top off an RY4 tank with ButterMint.
Fast tech has them that is where I got mne. They come n different colors . Mine are black and white striped .
13 mm drip tip is the size just do a search at top of screen for resin drip tips that is how I found them.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Just got my OBS Engine II and it is awesome- I use .3 Ω NI80 Staple coils, even if the deck looks strange very easy for me to build, wicked with rayon- very flavorful and enjoying this RTA a lot!

20181103_124016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread