Status
Not open for further replies.

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Got mine yesterday and built it this morning. Got some ss aliens from AVS in it. Coming out to 0.16 ohms and vaping it at 45 watts. Still breaking in the cotton and coils, but very nice flavor.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the help, especially Rixsta! :thumb:

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
After using the Engine II for a while now, it is a pretty good RTA. It has a nice DL hit air fully open. Although, it is a bit restricted but that is what I like. The first time coiling was a little tricky, but not too hard. Of course I have been rebuilding for many years now and a newbie may find the deck challenging. Of course the real big advantage to this atty is that is doesn't leak at all. Very nice.

Does it have the flavor of the Aqua Reboot II as someone else mentioned, no it does not. Will I keep using it, time will tell....

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Hi All,I am new here and i don´t speak that much english.

I have the OBS Engine 2 for two days now and since then i tried different coils (from 0.11 to 0.22). But my problem is, that i don´t get any flavour out of this tank. Also, i found the vape to hot if vaping it at 60 watt.

Is there a best setup for good flavour und big clouds?

If the vape is too hot-try lowering your coils and go up to about.4 .
No flavor,what kind of coil s it??

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hi All,I am new here and i don´t speak that much english.

I have the OBS Engine 2 for two days now and since then i tried different coils (from 0.11 to 0.22). But my problem is, that i don´t get any flavour out of this tank. Also, i found the vape to hot if vaping it at 60 watt.

Is there a best setup for good flavour und big clouds?
Welcome to ECF.
My build is a dual 6 wrap 3.5mm ss twisted .18Ω 48w and getting great flavor. Coils are seated close in the af cradle. If you are using clapton coils 3mm 5-6 wrap would work better. At first I set my coils a touch higher and flavor wasn't where I wanted so I pulled the coil snug in the af and it made a big difference.

• Useful
Reactions: lupinehorror

Kiljan

Jun 24, 2018
I have watched nearly all YouTube Videos related to the Engine 2. So i have the coils already about 1 mm above the airflow.

I have used different Coils. First the coils which were provided. Then i used 0.25 Flamed Coils (316L), some other out of my Coil Box and currently i have 0.45 Alien Clapton 3mm, 5 wraps.

But i got almost no flavour of all these coils. The Wicking Material is Angorabbit Cotton.

I thought, okay, another bad buy tank with no flavour. But the most YouTubers praise this tank because of the good flavour. And also in this Thread i have read, that the tank has good flavour.

So if anybody get good flavour, it must be a failure from my site, and i try to find out, what can i do to improve.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have watched nearly all YouTube Videos related to the Engine 2. So i have the coils already about 1 mm above the airflow.

I have used different Coils. First the coils which were provided. Then i used 0.25 Flamed Coils (316L), some other out of my Coil Box and currently i have 0.45 Alien Clapton 3mm, 5 wraps.

But i got almost no flavour of all these coils. The Wicking Material is Angorabbit Cotton.

I thought, okay, another bad buy tank with no flavour. But the most YouTubers praise this tank because of the good flavour. And also in this Thread i have read, that the tank has good flavour.

So if anybody get good flavour, it must be a failure from my site, and i try to find out, what can i do to improve.
Have you tried lowering watts and closing the af by a third? Are you using juices you are familiar with?

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
Yes, i have tried both. And i also use juices i am familiar with. This liquids tastes very well in my tanks with premaide coils (Falcon, Prince, Crown 3etc.) But in the Engine 2 i have nearly no flavour.
Maybe it’s a wicking thing try using just a bit less cotton. I think angorabbit expands more than plain ... cotton

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
i have only wicked it the once but flavour is decent if not stellar with the afc wide open or a third closed. 0.16 getting hit with 60W (boosted at the start of the draw) on the paranormal 250C. using rayon as usual with the tails thinned by 50%. coils 1mm above the air intake.
not sure what to suggest. I'm enjoying the flavour more on this than the original engine or engine nano.

Reactions: Letitia

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So I got my Engine 2 today! Not nearly so hard to build as I expected thanks to @Rixsta suggestion on copying that bend that comes on the included coils. Threw some fused Claptons in and what a nice vape. Warm, flavorful, nice touch of moisture to the vape. No spitting, flooding, or hint of a dry hit even when chain vaping on it. I really like this one. Will no doubt get a few more for the collection.

7E06C1FC-8BD2-43F5-8F2C-258599C056FA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread