Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Ha, FT may surprise you and I really hope you like the Engine 2, although I know your more of a single coil gal....I think.

The Engine 2 has now replaced my Aromamizer Plus and my Reload RTA.

I've made some super thin wire coils, 32g x 3 wrapped in 40g Aliens, now I can run this tank on a single battery mod, dunno why I didn't do this before o_O
Need a dual for a few mixes I prefer warmer; the Nano shines for me with my all fruit mixes that I enjoy cooler.

I'll have to look into similar Aliens. My current go to is a tri core parallel fc 30gx3/38g spool.

Reactions: Rixsta

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Cool, let me know what you think :thumb:

Well, first the vaping results.
Fantastic! I liked the original Engine, this one has all the improvements I wanted on the original.
The fill is much nicer, I won't have to keep a vaper towel handy with the 'catch lip' this has. I agree that the cage won't be missed.
Flavor is excellent, better than my Pluses and Supremes.

On to the wicking. Easy peasy compared again to the Steam Crave tanks I have been using.

Coil? Now that's a different story. This is the first tank that my lovely coil assistant tried to Craigslist.
I use single wire 27 gauge coils. This tank wanted 5 spaced wraps. The insertion, capture, and alignment took, oh, about an eternity.

Now, you'd think "You're an idiot!". On the surface, I couldn't argue the point. However, I have an idea that bending the wire to kind of keep it in place will do wonders for "Oops, slipped out" errors. The single wire is always going to be hard to capture on this deck, you just have to find a way to keep it in place while tightening. Luckily, having 4 hands helps in this. I replaced the biggest problem, the Phillips head screws. Once I put M2.5x3 SS hex grub screws in, the process went MUCH faster.

Finally, I left a VERY tiny stub of leg at the top of the deck. When I put it back together, the mod read resistance, just about 30% of what it should have been. A quick unscrew and I knew what the problem was. Clip the legs absolutely flush.

I'll also say that my usual 3.5mm ID is nearly too big to get the right position for the airflow. I'm going to do 3mm tomorrow and see if I like it as much. As I said, right now, with a couple of hours vaping, this is the tank to beat for me.

@Rixsta Thanks for the coil tips! I likely wouldn't have been successful without them.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Well, first the vaping results.
Fantastic! I liked the original Engine, this one has all the improvements I wanted on the original.
The fill is much nicer, I won't have to keep a vaper towel handy with the 'catch lip' this has. I agree that the cage won't be missed.
Flavor is excellent, better than my Pluses and Supremes.

On to the wicking. Easy peasy compared again to the Steam Crave tanks I have been using.

Coil? Now that's a different story. This is the first tank that my lovely coil assistant tried to Craigslist.
I use single wire 27 gauge coils. This tank wanted 5 spaced wraps. The insertion, capture, and alignment took, oh, about an eternity.

Now, you'd think "You're an idiot!". On the surface, I couldn't argue the point. However, I have an idea that bending the wire to kind of keep it in place will do wonders for "Oops, slipped out" errors. The single wire is always going to be hard to capture on this deck, you just have to find a way to keep it in place while tightening. Luckily, having 4 hands helps in this. I replaced the biggest problem, the Phillips head screws. Once I put M2.5x3 SS hex grub screws in, the process went MUCH faster.

Finally, I left a VERY tiny stub of leg at the top of the deck. When I put it back together, the mod read resistance, just about 30% of what it should have been. A quick unscrew and I knew what the problem was. Clip the legs absolutely flush.

I'll also say that my usual 3.5mm ID is nearly too big to get the right position for the airflow. I'm going to do 3mm tomorrow and see if I like it as much. As I said, right now, with a couple of hours vaping, this is the tank to beat for me.

@Rixsta Thanks for the coil tips! I likely wouldn't have been successful without them.

I can imagine that single 27g must of been a PITA and I doubt anyone would think your an idiot for struggling.

It's saving grace is the struggle is worth it, the vape you get from this tank is fantastic, try going back to your other tanks after a few days, I found I just couldn't vape them, there's just something about that draw.

Thanks for the grub screw measurements, just ordered some :)

Really glad you like the Engine 2 :thumbs:

It's also nice to get away from that dam bubble glass craze but still have enough capacity.

I do have a vape off coming up next week in my shop. Dual Zeus VS Engine 2. Just a bit of fun ;)

Edit -

Well just bought another Engine 2 for my single battery mod, want to see how a pair of high resistance (almost put high resolution :/) fused clapton coils perform in there. Need to get the wattage down but still have a satisfactory vape.

I've certainly got away from my 140w vaping habits, this year has been a change for the better..

Last edited:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Built some 28g x 2 wrapped in 40g fused claptons, sooooooooooo difficult to make but great from a single battery mod, I get just as much vapor from those than I do from the Aliens in the other tank at 75w. It's all about the resistance folks ;)

Coil placement is very important with this tank, cute coils hey :hubba:

IMG_20180523_150235.jpg

IMG_20180523_150258.jpg

IMG_20180523_153312.jpg

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Lowered it to 45w, absolutely perfect. Filled this with some Far Neon green slushie and omg, sooo much flavor, it has to be the thinner gauge wire and the cooler vape. Feel a bit of a plonker now building so low and vaping at crazy high wattage, the other setup is just sitting there. Keep the tank and sell the 200w WYE for another WYE 85w. Who would of thought it....

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Makes a huge difference in the ease of use, doesn't it?

P.S. You are correct sir. I tried a couple of my other tanks that I had liked and found I really missed the Engine 2.

Yes, thanks for the screw size, it was a big help and it does make a big difference.

Awesome tank

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Took me 8 minutes to build the Engine this morning, getting easier now I'm getting used to it, the hex screws help no end. Added an extra wrap to my 28x28x40g fused Claptons, coming out at a nice 0.25ohms.

Wow, my lovely coil assistant will be envious!
That's the number of wraps I've decided upon as well. Get good coverage of the airflow and easy wicking.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I just have to say, wow!
Been vaping a pair of these tanks since getting the coiling down (thanks @Rixsta ).
Thick, kinda wet, flavorful vapor. Using Replay mode makes it even better as I get to enjoy the same delicious vape time after time. My lovely coil assistant is happy with the coil mounting now, and says it is the best aroma from any of my tanks.
I tried to talk myself into ordering another one or two as backups, but just can't do it.

ParaEngine.jpg

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
Anyone here who thinks that the first engines were huge disappointments in the flavor department? I would like to hear your opinion on the Engine II.
I am, this is one one of the best tanks i own for flavour, mounting coils is a bit tricky in the beginning but if you bent the legs as Rixsta said a couple of post up it’s significant easier.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Anyone here who thinks that the first engines were huge disappointments in the flavor department? I would like to hear your opinion on the Engine II.

Engine 2 is what the original Engine should have been. The flavor from this tank is excellent, best of all my tanks.
A bit of a 'Huh?' first time you try to coil it, but if you pay attention to Rixta above, you'll be good in no time. I'd suggest replacing the grub screws with hex head screws, but that's what I find works the best.
Then, sit back and enjoy a leakfree great flavored vape.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
It wasn't bad but the air hitting the top of the coils on the original could never compete with a bottom airflow tank.

The Engine 2 is a much better design and has better flavor.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
My Engine II has landed in Chicago. If it doesn't take the scenic route I should have it by Friday.
Yay, hope it turns up soon.

I have sold most of our stock already and some have come back to me saying they aren't getting much flavor. I spent most of the day teaching them.

Every time it was either the coil position or the wicking. You really don't need that much wick, cut you tails flush with the bottom seal o ring, thin the cotton out if needed.

As for the coils, this is about perfect..

IMG_20180529_095500.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yay, hope it turns up soon.

I have sold most of our stock already and some have come back to me saying they aren't getting much flavor. I spent most of the day teaching them.

Every time it was either the coil position or the wicking. You really don't need that much wick, cut you tails flush with the bottom seal o ring, thin the cotton out if needed.

As for the coils, this is about perfect..

View attachment 745341
Thanks sweets.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
i was quite disappointed with the original engine too (and the nano) though did enjoy the lack of leaking.
a SS II is in my FT cart now...$13.08 if i can get my rebate points to work.
I doubt we will be disappointed with the E2 Col. AF looks to be spot on unlike the original dual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread