Obvious Question? Do they make a 5v AA sized battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCoot

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Possum Kingdom, S.C.
I have been vaping for almost 2 months, lurking and joining this forum,,,have done tons of reading on here and just been wondering about something..Why hasn't a batter manuracturer made a 5volt AA size battery..or 2.5volt batteries..seems the consus on here is 5 volts is the sweet spot in vaping,,i know it is mine, i'm using a 5 V Boxmod. If such
batteries were being manufactured it would cut out a lot of modding trying to get to 5volts..Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated about this post:)

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
A 5V AA size battery would need to use a different electrochemical material than the Li-ion material commonly used. The material itself (in this case Li-ion) is what dictates the voltage. The amount of material (~volume of the battery) dictates its capacity (mAh), or how long it will last given some atty load.

Li-ion batteries are all about 3.7V. There are LiFePO4 batteries that are 3.0V, but that is a different internal electrochemical material. I do not know of a 5V electrochem material that can also be recharged, and handle high current (about 2 amps for a 510 atty) without damaging the material a lot. In fact, I do not know of a rechargeable 5V material at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread