Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
if Ody is overflooded then the excess liquid will come out from mouthpiece as to all atomizers yeti. As for the random leakage, please put a 1,5mm thick wick but doubled. I think a doubled 2mm wick will work too.

Thanks for the reply Imeo! My Ody is rarely overflooded, but I still get this leakage. I also am currently using the double wick (stock Ody wick).

the o-ring between body and cap isnt nessesary as it was not nessesary to UFS too. But I put it just in case a small amound of liquid tries to come put, then it will be stopped by this o-ring. I didnt put this o-ring to really seal something. If someone wants to make a tighter fit between cap and body, he can put a 17x1,5 o-ring instead of the 16x1,5 that is there now

Not in my case. :(

I'll be picking up the larger o-ring, thanks for the size we need Imeo!

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Wow, what a coincidence! I was just coming here to ask about this and I see you guys already started talking about it... Today, for the first time, I experienced leaking between the top cap and the body. It just started out of nowhere. It doesn't happen when my PV is standing up but it does if I lay it down for a few minutes.

Like others have stated, I've never felt the top o-ring compress, it feels more like a metal to metal connection and seal, and there is a very tiny gap between the body and the top cap but not anywhere close to 1mm.

Does anyone know the exact measurements for an o-ring that would be a good replacement? Thanks.

Good grief, not trying to be funny here, but mine never had an O-ring on it. Didn't know there was suppose to be one. Have no leaks thus far - though fingers crossed now. My GG's are always laid down and never stood on end for any reason.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Good grief, not trying to be funny here, but mine never had an O-ring on it. Didn't know there was suppose to be one. Have no leaks thus far - though fingers crossed now. My GG's are always laid down and never stood on end for any reason.

Yea there is supposed to be one below the threads of the top of the main body.

And btw, today I figured out the reason for this unexpected leaking... It was due to a simple user error, or really lack of simple maintenance. I neglected to occasionally apply vaseline to the top of the ODY body threads and o-ring. In fact, the only time I remember applying vaseline in that area was on the first day I received my ODY. No wonder... All is good now, no leaking at all!

Back to a vaping perfection :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread