(Off Topic) My daughter was in a car accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambolover808

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
Apollo Beach, FL, USA
A message received from a special friend.. Shared with permission :)

Hi!
I was driving down big bend immediately after the accident happened. My husband and I were about to make a U-turn and he saw a girl lying on the road. I am an RN, so I jumped out to see if I could help and saw Lorie lying in the road with visibly severe injuries. I rushed to her along with a few other bystanders and we stayed with her until help arrived. I held her hand, caressed her face and talked to her while we waited. When the firemen and paramedics arrived, they instructed everyone to leave and I left with a heavy heart, not knowing if Lorie was going to make it. For days, I did not sleep, the image of her living in my mind. I prayed with my husband every chance we got that my words and touch brought her some kind of peace in that horrible moment of her life. I honestly thought she was breathing her last breaths. This haunted me for days not knowing who she was and if she made it through. Later that week, I was in Publix and one of the cashiers was talking about the accident to her manager. I introduced myself and told her that I was at the scene and asked if she knew any information. She said Lorie had made it and was in the Critical Care Unit at TGH, this was hands down one of the best things I had heard in my life. I immediately called my husband and cried for what seemed forever about the great news. I also have a teenage child and this hits very close to home.
I am so happy for Lorie's family and friends that she is still with you and when I see this website, I know that she is loved and the support you all are giving her is wonderful. I feel so blessed to have been there to hopefully offer her some peaceful words, I like to believe she could hear me.

lambolover808

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
Apollo Beach, FL, USA
Here's an excerpt taken from: https://www.facebook.com/pageteamlorie today!

Update 04-29-2013 (Lorie is awake!)

Lorie had a SUPER day!

A lift team came in with a lift and sling and moved Lorie from her bed to a chair. While in the chair, she became very responsive :) She smiled at funny videos and cried at sad ones, she routinely tried to pull herself into a more upright position, and was constantly changing her leg positions. She wiggled her toes on command for her friends and squeezed Kierstin's hand tightly when she said that she had to leave :)

It is without a doubt that we can now say that Lorie is conscious and able to respond in an intelligent manner.

Welcome back sissy, we love you! :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread