Off Topic: What’s in your screen name and avatar???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
LDS714

I used to play bass for a band called The Sinners. The singer would introduce me as "the Low Down Sinner on bass." Over the years that's been shortened to LDS.

The 714 is my race license (number) with the Western Eastern Roadracing Assocationi (WERA).

My current avatar is me exiting turn 2 at Nashville Superspeedway several years ago when I was still in the Novice class.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My screen name is my real name & my avatar is Kiki, one of my 7 Maine Coons :)

Unlike my other Maine Coons, Kiki is really shy with other people, so no one hardly ever sees her apart from me. Which is such a shame as she is so beautiful (& so sweet natured). Hence why I chose her pic as my avatar :D

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
MARINEboy21 because my dad was a first battalion marine in the Vietnam war and because of that I respect that decision he made. And my profile is a Skyline R-35 because I am an import boy at heart and any sort of Skyline would be my dream car. Especially one with a Nismo kit on it. Great thread and topic by the way.

My father is a Vietnam vet too! USMC Alpha company 133rd, M-60 machine gunner 1967 - 1968! (not to mention the best father, grandfather, retired 40 year decorated police officer and friend!) It's an absolute shame what happened to our fathers after surviving the war only to land stateside to be spit on and called baby-killers. I'm so glad that years later they are finally getting the respect they deserved all along.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
im a fan of the stand-up comic Gabriel Iglesias, since im a "fluffy" guy i use that and the "beast" part... well im not sure where it came from but it was catchy and now i use that most of the time.
my avatar is just me with my Vanilla mod with the Nimbus atty and a Chaplin driptip

Fluffy!!! LOVE that guy. To quote Emma Stone in Zombieland, that guy has a direct line to my funny bone. :D

bueno1955

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Colorado Springs, Co USA
Bueno is my last name 1955 was when my mama was born. (She passed away 7 years ago from LUNG CANCER) 1 of my biggest reasons for quitting Besides my kiddos 17 & 13..... My avatar is my sassy Tinkerbell have collected Tinkerbell since my first blanket mama got me in 1976 when i was born. Even have a Good tinkerbell tattoed onmy right shoulder and an Evil/Sassy Tinkerbell on my left shoulder. :)

Ruby_Red_Shoes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Cleveland OH
Ruby Red Shoes - First, cuz it's my birthstone - Second, cuz I'm a shoe fanatic and Third, cuz we 'aint in Kansas anymore Toto!' - Chose a new avatar picture of the aurora borealis - love the ethereal quality of the photo - something very peaceful and serene which there never seems to be enough of...sigh....

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Handle is because I was born in Indiana and currently reside in Indiana...(pretty boring)

Avatar is a picture of me in the same outfit I would be in when I proposed to my wife a few weeks after the picture was taken. I'm supposed to look like Little John from Mel Brooks' "Robin Hood Men In Tights". The proposal came just after we finished a skit on stage so she was dressed as Maid Marion. (Friends and family rounded out the cast as we had Rabbi Tuckman, Robin Hood, Will Scarlet O-Hara, Blinken, Latrine, and Achoo.)

Because it was on a stage in front of quite a number of people, we're forever a file floating around You Tube...
Skit: Gen Con 2010: Costume Contest Men In Tights. - YouTube
Proposal: Gen Con: Marriage Proposal. - YouTube (Yes, I had trouble finding the ring)

TCO76

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
KS
Ruby Red Shoes - First, cuz it's my birthstone - Second, cuz I'm a shoe fanatic and Third, cuz we 'aint in Kansas anymore Toto!' - Chose a new avatar picture of the aurora borealis - love the ethereal quality of the photo - something very peaceful and serene which there never seems to be enough of...sigh....

But some of us are in kansas....toto...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Handle is because I was born in Indiana and currently reside in Indiana...(pretty boring)

Avatar is a picture of me in the same outfit I would be in when I proposed to my wife a few weeks after the picture was taken. I'm supposed to look like Little John from Mel Brooks' "Robin Hood Men In Tights". The proposal came just after we finished a skit on stage so she was dressed as Maid Marion. (Friends and family rounded out the cast as we had Rabbi Tuckman, Robin Hood, Will Scarlet O-Hara, Blinken, Latrine, and Achoo.)

Because it was on a stage in front of quite a number of people, we're forever a file floating around You Tube...
Skit: Gen Con 2010: Costume Contest Men In Tights. - YouTube
Proposal: Gen Con: Marriage Proposal. - YouTube (Yes, I had trouble finding the ring)

Awwwww so sweet! (and yes, I watched it)

Catuela

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Chester, VA
Username is a name I have used for all online accounts since the late 90's Including games and forums. It was an inside joke between me and an old Platoon SGT I had in the Marines.

Pic is me with a beard in Baghdad. I'll probably never get to have a beard again, so I relish that time any chance I get.

finakat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just thanking ya'll for explaining names. Fun, fun. Enjoyed reading bout whos and whys. Hanging around to see more...
-finakat
^.,.^@~

2013-08-19 08.40.10.jpg

Notorious C.I.G.

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
United States
You know. You all know exactly who I am.

Now, say my name...

That's right.

As for the avatar, well...

View attachment 279404

For those of you who haven't a clue as to what I am talking about--please do yourself a favor and watch the show. :)
If you haven't watched this, you should, it's a short documentary about a former real-life .... kingpin who was said to cook the best .... who name is Walter White, pretty interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkB9VJdu27M

edit apparently the M word is censored, whoops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread