Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Whoohoo, all paid invoice wise, and so excited about my new v8! Thanks, Eric!

As for the smaller e2, guessing its only a matter of time before they expand product line, since they are so popular. Question... I'm running into issues with mine not vaping properly on a SR core, and NOONE else is having this issue, so I know the problem is not the tank, but my rather thick VG juice. Thinking its just not wicking, or something. I just don't have anything else, and no budget to invest in thin 100% VG right now (it does exist, but tends to be rather pricey). So does anyone have any ideas as to modding this core in some way to allow it to work better with a thicker juice, offhand? I just have no clues what else to try. Did dilute some juice down with distilled water, so its much much thinner, but still not wicking. I just got a handful of the LR cores from Eric, so I'll have a few to play with when those show up. But if anyone has any ideas to make this work with thicker juices, I'd be thrilled, since all my fave flavors are. Any modders out there with bright ideas? WISH like heck I could vape a blend, cause I'm dying to get this thing rolling properly. lol And that's something I'd LOVE... a core designed for thicker juices, since there are a ton of pg sensitive people out there. ;) Thanks so much!

or if any of you have any ideas with DV flavors that work with 100% VG... that would work, too! Tried the Peanut Butter Cup in 100% VG, but it was too thick, as well. Tried like 4 juices now, total. Just does not like the viscosity of 100% VG, I don't think. Not a surprise since most clearo tanks don't, but I adore this tank and would LOVE to find a way to get it to work with juices I require.

Last edited:

caffeinator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
WA, USA
ha...

In my HS comp class, we had to learn friggin' PASCAL, APPLE BASIC and Binary...in 1984.

We had dual disk drive Apple II's, and a green screen. Locksmith 2.0 was rampant...until the FBI showed up...:D

I did homework with a Tandy cassette deck for storage and a TI-99/4A cuz I was poor and couldn't afford a damn C-64 like the cool kids...lmao...

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Um, pg is rather thin, thinkin you did what I just did, which say 'pg' instead of 'vg'. I just requested high pg instead of high vg at a juice place. Hope I caught it in time, or i'm gonna get stuff I can't vape. lol Man... I've got brain fry and those are SO easy to switch! lol

Um, thin VG...some vendors that do it rather well are VV and Highbrow. Lots of people who vape 100% VG actually like the thickness. I can go either way, myself. But in this case, need it thin to work in an E2 tank.

What they do is this...Basically, they make the VG base with slightly higher nic than requested, then 'thin' the blend down with either PGA/Everclear or Distilled Water (depending on if they're going for more of a throat hit or not... pga gives throat hit, which most VG juices are lacking). And then they end up with the THINNED VG base, similar in consistency to most pg/vg blends. And then they add flavor. That way they don't 'water down' the juice at all, either flavor or nicotine, if that explains. BUT I'm so in love with these E2 tanks, and was hoping to get a few, but if I can't get em to work with my juices, that'll be an issue. So I've either gotta find good inexpensive thin 100% VG (at least the base, ok with a little pg in flavors) flavors, or figure out a way to mod the tank 'core'. Tank mod would be better, so I can use the juices i already love, but one way or the other, I'm pretty determined to find a way to make the e2 work for me. Just love it. Only other option is to get same juices, but with WAY extra flavor, and then dilute it myself. That would take the nic down a bit, but it won't be a big issue. So I've got my work cut out for me. lol

oh, and should have said.. they're not adding a ton of water... i'd guess around 5-10% very max end, maybe less. Not like you're vaping water or booze, in other words. lol

Last edited:

caffeinator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
WA, USA
My college was all vax vms. Learned fortran and pascal on it. Although, we had 80286 computers to learn C and Assembly on though. The computer's had two floppy drives. One had the OS and compilers on it, and the other had the code. It was pretty awesome using the PCs over that VAX!

LOL, I remember using a BBS doorway to Telnet into a local Uni's VAX. Fun ensued.

caffeinator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
WA, USA
Code:
 _____  _    _    ______  _     _ _       _______ _______    _ _ 
(____ \| |  | |  (_____ \| |   | | |     (_______|_______)  | | |
 _   \ \ |  | |   _____) ) |   | | |      _____     __      | | |
| |   | \ \/ /   (_____ (| |   | | |     |  ___)   / /      |_|_|
| |__/ / \  /          | | |___| | |_____| |_____ / /____    _ _ 
|_____/   \/           |_|\______|_______)_______|_______)  |_|_|

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Um, pg is rather thin, thinkin you did what I just did, which say 'pg' instead of 'vg'. I just requested high pg instead of high vg at a juice place. Hope I caught it in time, or i'm gonna get stuff I can't vape. lol Man... I've got brain fry and those are SO easy to switch! lol

Um, thin VG...some vendors that do it rather well are VV and Highbrow. Lots of people who vape 100% VG actually like the thickness. I can go either way, myself. But in this case, need it thin to work in an E2 tank.

What they do is this...Basically, they make the VG base with slightly higher nic than requested, then 'thin' the blend down with either PGA/Everclear or Distilled Water (depending on if they're going for more of a throat hit or not... pga gives throat hit, which most VG juices are lacking). And then they end up with the THINNED VG base, similar in consistency to most pg/vg blends. And then they add flavor. That way they don't 'water down' the juice at all, either flavor or nicotine, if that explains. BUT I'm so in love with these E2 tanks, and was hoping to get a few, but if I can't get em to work with my juices, that'll be an issue. So I've either gotta find good inexpensive thin 100% VG (at least the base, ok with a little pg in flavors) flavors, or figure out a way to mod the tank 'core'. Tank mod would be better, so I can use the juices i already love, but one way or the other, I'm pretty determined to find a way to make the e2 work for me. Just love it. Only other option is to get same juices, but with WAY extra flavor, and then dilute it myself. That would take the nic down a bit, but it won't be a big issue. So I've got my work cut out for me. lol

oh, and should have said.. they're not adding a ton of water... i'd guess around 5-10% very max end, maybe less. Not like you're vaping water or booze, in other words. lol

forgive me, I thought I read VG and I thought I wrote VG..

oh my god I am losing my mind....

I get it now... :) what you are describing is thinned VG

>>Basically, they make the VG base with slightly higher nic than requested

In my opinion, that is not safe.. I have a modified paint shaker and I still won't make an all VG nic base, no way, no how. Pockets of nicotine are not good for you...in my opinion that's a silly way to do it anyway, it's best to thin the VG first, then deal with the nic, taking into account the base mix, all you need is a calculator :)

Last edited:

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
My college was all vax vms. Learned fortran and pascal on it. Although, we had 80286 computers to learn C and Assembly on though. The computer's had two floppy drives. One had the OS and compilers on it, and the other had the code. It was pretty awesome using the PCs over that VAX!

I worked for DEC for many years.....VMS was great. I taught networking to employees, and then quality engineering and support on the pc networking systems. I remember Ken Olsen giving a speech telling us that people didn't really want their own applications and computers....they really wanted and needed a terminal. Obviously...he blew it on that one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread