Status
Not open for further replies.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
If you can get them get all that you can carry ,Than get 10 x's that lol.

they told me minimum is 200, I was thinking 100.. not sure I want to invest that much, I don't even know the product.
It's a DIY'er so not sure it's a general public desires list.. am I wrong?

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
LD you around? what do you think? you've got the pulse LOL

I saw that there was a community buy but if they all buy them... :(
don't get me wrong they look awesome, but the nature of the product is total DIY. Not sure many people would have wick/wire and I'd need to supply that also.

valcityboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Altamonte Springs, FL
Txtumbleweed,

I think you are right. There is a rebuildable one and an innard one...I think most are trying to get the rebuildable one. Eric it is totally a DIY tank and that's why I figured you wouldn't carry them, but thought I'd ask. One of my coworkers was getting in on a coop to purchase the rebuildable ones and I was interested why no vendors actually sale them. It is probably the DIY nature of it, so may not be the best thing to carry...don't know. Thanks for checking on it though...I got enough replaceable items and parts, but was looking to get into the ss mesh tanks...got one coming from Greece but wished some US vendors would get in on the DIY scene.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com

don't get me wrong they look awesome, but the nature of the product is total DIY. Not sure many people would have wick/wire and I'd need to supply that also.

Smoktech shipped my samples out, so I should know in a few days better than what I've discussed with some of the testers. From the people that I have spoken with, there are some issues, so I am hoping I can find work-arounds. MOQ is 200, but I think I can get you less. I have a pretty decent relationship with Smoktech, and they know I have a lot of influence with vendors. the co-op killed their allowing vendors under MOQ, but I will try. I don't know if you want to get 200, with the first revision.

They are also one of the few companies that work directly with reviewers, but only "select" reviewers. I, somehow, still got them working with me, even though I am only 7 months into reviewing. Not sure what the criteria is, but they've heard of me, and that must helped.

I can help you get wick and wire. It would be nice to give about a foor of wire, and half of wick, with each order. It's not too expensive.

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Smoktech shipped my samples out, so I should know in a few days better than what I've discussed with some of the testers. From the people that I have spoken with, there are some issues, so I am hoping I can find work-arounds. MOQ is 200, but I think I can get you less. I have a pretty decent relationship with Smoktech, and they know I have a lot of influence with vendors. the co-op killed their allowing vendors under MOQ, but I will try. I don't know if you want to get 200, with the first revision.

They are also one of the few companies that work directly with reviewers, but only "select" reviewers. I, somehow, still got them working with me, even though I am only 7 months into reviewing. Not sure what the criteria is, but they've heard of me, and that must helped.

I can help you get wick and wire. It would be nice to give about a foor of wire, and half of wick, with each order. It's not too expensive.

with even a hint of issues, I am not getting it, I've had it up to here with crap products.
I'll wait for your review.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
with even a hint of issues, I am not getting it, I've had it up to here with crap products.

They are a mod-able, rebuildable tank. It may be worth it to pick up 100, so your customers don't have to order it other places, and pay extra shipping, when they are already placing orders at DV. My understanding, is that it does work pretty well, but... it is temperamental. Mostly, the issues are leaking, but not all the time (could just be expanding from the heat, when it is new). And, inconsistance in the vape (since it is rebuildable, the vape issue could be the coil/wick).

I think it is worth getting, if you can get it at a lower MOQ. If you can't get lower MOQ, definitely wait for the sample shipment to arrive. Although, it still hasn't left China. It was on "clearance delay" in China until about 10PM tonight. I was getting a little worried, but I think that was just a normal thing with customs.

orchiolum

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Midwest, US
You are the third or fourth person to mention boba's bounty so do tell is it a tabacco?
The ovale looks small damn it. I say damn it because I'm gonna want one now. Maybe I shouldn't of found this site .... :p

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

When I first received BB from Alien Visions, I didn't much care for it. Not much flavor. A week or so later, totally different story. Although they list it under their tobacco section, I don't taste much tobacco there, if any. My mother used to make tapioca pudding. She'd whip egg whites and fold them into the tapioca. In a very smooth, subtle way, BB reminds of her tapioca pudding. Whatever it is, it's a mouthful of pleasure.

The V8 fits my hand perfectly. I bought the rubberized version because I like the silky smooth feel of that as opposed to hard plastic. My other batts, some from China and my eGo's, are also rubberized. This may give me a better grip as well. With the weight of the batteries in the base and a clearomizer, it feels solid when I hold it. Real decent deal for the price. Keep in mind that it's base is not flat, so it will rock a little, which I like. Just something different and unique.Hope this helps.

Last edited:

orchiolum

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Midwest, US

"Wicks and wires? We don't need no stinkin' wicks and wires." LOL. Actually, I'm too early in my vaping experience for that, but maybe someday. I almost never say never :)

Last edited:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com

Just spoke with a popular Chinese wholesaler, and they had the same issues with it, but it seems it has been revised since. So, at this time, wait for my samples. Let's see if they did fix these issues.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
"Wicks and wires? We don't need no stinkin' wicks and wires." LOL Actually, I'm too early in my vaping experience for that, but maybe someday. I almost never say never :)

It's never too early to start tearing apart everything you get and trying to make it better. It's not about finding the best vape, it's about making the best vape even better.

Then again, some of us are just sick. :facepalm:

orchiolum

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Midwest, US
It's never too early to start tearing apart everything you get and trying to make it better. It's not about finding the best vape, it's about making the best vape even better.

Then again, some of us are just sick. :facepalm:

Nah, you're not sick...just adventurous. An explorer. IMO, that's a good thing. Trial and error have made the vaping experience better for all of us. :)

Last edited:

caffeinator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
WA, USA
"Wicks and wires? We don't need no stinkin' wicks and wires." LOL. Actually, I'm too early in my vaping experience for that, but maybe someday. I almost never say never :)

TBH, the advanced vapers running mods that cost more than my rent DO love talk of Kanthal, SS and Silica.

It's a niche, but one that has fanaticism and a ****load of money, apparently. Who else pays up to $1000 for a PV?

Eric, don't get caught up in fads or things outside of your scope. I do not want ya going broke trying to please everyone. :)

Yes, getting wire and wick is pretty damn easy. Until the next guy asks for a different gauge wire or a different resistance whatever.

You are doing well within your bounds now, don't push TOO hard. IMO.

That said...if there is a demand you can meet, without much risk and with a nice ROI, well...
Remember tho, peeps can buy wick and wire on ...n Ebay.

Feel free to tell me to ..... I just care about ya..ya a good peep.:D

Last edited:

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Yes, getting wire and wick is pretty damn easy. Until the next guy asks for a different gauge wire or a different resistance whatever.

I completely agree, the one thing about carrying anything is what you don't have someone will immediately ask for.
Had 36 gauge wire, everyone asked for 32, got the 32 suddenly everyone wanted 36. It's extremely frustrating. It seems like the second I run out of something I have 10 requests for it, even stuff that didn't sell.
Sold my last MiniLava a week ago, hadn't sold one in two weeks.. next day 4 requests. :(

If I try to keep up I will surely go crazy :blink:

That said, I talked to smoktech and they sell the replacements so if I did go that route I'd just buy those and let the actual modders find the special stuff.

valcityboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Altamonte Springs, FL
Sorry Eric...didn't mean to impose mass hysteria on you. :) I was just asking and then came to a personal decision that it may not be the best of things. Most of the products you sale are RTR (ready to run) so with a customer base that is counting on that will be turned off by some of the diy stuff. Also, I found your site b/c your prices are not matched and you offer the BEST customer service that I have found in my couple years of vaping. As one individual mentioned, $1k on a PV would turn me off and your products are very reasonable. With the reviews you have and other reviewers on the ECF,I purchase products based off this. So I guess in a nut shell, you provide what's best for your customers and that keeps me coming back. Thanks all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread