Status
Not open for further replies.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Maybe Aal_ will get luck and his screen will go out. No worries if you can't read it.

BNEAT,

Cruel but true. You are the first one I have heard mention that aspect of a flaky screen. That was the first thing that I thought about if it comes flaky from Evolv how long does it take to finally give up the Ghost.

It is like my SX it works pretty good but it has it's share of bugs. The new firmware they put out fixed some bugs and added others so even if the hana modz V4 had an SX chip I wouldn't buy it either until SX get the bugs worked out which they have a chance of doing because it is software upgradable - Evolv not so much.

Oh - and arguments about software upgradable opening up yourself to intellectual theft I have seen code packages that are encrypted that even the NSA would have trouble with. And I won't even mention that not being upgradable hasn't seem to stop anyone from cloning Evolvs code.

Reactions: BNEAT

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1432844363289.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432844363289.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 80
  • uploadfromtaptalk1432844388649.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1432844388649.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: BNEAT

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
It's a gdna with a pdib wood shell.

I had no idea what a gdna was so I looked it up and was disappointed the one I saw was all printed even the outer shell - yuk!

But the one you have is excellent looking. :thumbs:

PS - if you want to see if the juice is causing the high temp and there is a good chance it is just add a little water to a small sample of your juice. About 5 to 10 % will lower the boiling point dramatically. I personally don't like juice that has water in it but it is a very good test to check with. (maybe it is my local water).

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Hi guys.

I have a close by friend who wants a TC device.

Right now, regarding the dna 40, he's considering the VF, hana and VS.

Due to possible problems during assembly, which do you guys think has less issues with the dna 40 and which would provide better support in case he gets a glitchy one?

I hear VS makes their mods in China? That's something he will consider negatively. He just wants a top notch mod without issues but with great customer support if needed.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Reactions: Shigura

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Hi guys.

Due to possible problems during assembly, which do you guys think has less issues with the dna 40 and which would provide better support in case he gets a glitchy one?

I hear VS makes their mods in China? That's something he will consider negatively. He just wants a top notch mod without issues but with great customer support if needed.

Regards
Tony

I don't know much about the authentic VF nor the Hana mods. My only thing against Hana was using screws for the battery door instead of a magnet always distracted me from choosing one. However with the inclusion of the V4 V4 DNA 40 MATTE BLACK – Hyperion Vape which has a very nice price tag of $149 is definitely worth a look! But with the VS rDNA40 I've absolutely loved, it's small and you can choose from a few skins to help protect it. I did have an issue with mine recently with an uncommon issue, contacted VS and my mod was shipped to them the next day. Will be back in my hands this thursday and it took about a week and a half from the time I shipped it back to it coming back home. Either way I don't think on any of those choices one would go wrong and if your worried about the screen glitch, that would happen on any of them no more then the others. Just my :2c:!

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Hi guys.

Regards
Tony

Why not just build him one tchavei... buy a board from Evolv and build your friends device for him... one year warranty and customer support right next door (so to speak)....just a thought or just another option....

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
So the problem rate is more or less equal among those 3?

Regards
Tony

I have two rDNA's and one Flask all of which have been ABSOLUTELY trouble free. If your friend is in the market right now the most tempting is the new Hana just mentioned by Shigura.

OTOH if I, myself, were buying now, or urging someone to buy, I would recommend the "other" TC mod over all three.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Why not just build him one tchavei... buy a board from Evolv and build your friends device for him... one year warranty and customer support right next door (so to speak)....just a thought or just another option....
This thought crosses my mind frequently, but I've exceeded my budget big time these past few months. I think I'll give it a go sometime late summer or as long as I'm not buying any more $$$ gear. Despite all these new "TC with any wire" devices I could careless about, as I don't need fifty choices of wiring laying about when just a few will sit me just purdy.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
So the problem rate is more or less equal among those 3?

Regards
Tony

Of those 3, I'd recommend a Vaporshark DNA40 or rDNA40. With zip charging, the LG HE2 in the DNA40 charges really fast and is my favorite mod. I have a Hana v4 and the screen glitches but resets when you release the fire button. It has no affect on vape quality so it doesn't bother me but I know it will bother some. I also think the 510 on the VS is better. I have no experience with the Vaporflask but VS just announced they're making one with VF and it should be $199 but no date when it'll be available (posted on their FB a few days ago).

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
I have a Vapor Flask and the new V4 Hana. I've had zero issues with my Flask and I have been pushing it hard for months. I've heard their customer service is great too. I haven't had to go down that road so I can't offer up any personal experiences. And battery life is just amazing with the Flask. It's just stupid crazy how long this thing lasts on a charge.

I've only had my Hana for a few weeks but I'm very happy with it. I love the large screen display. I did have the screen glitch on me a few days ago. I noticed my Calix was a little loose so I tightened it down and the glitching stopped. Related...i don't know, but it stopped after I tightened my tank and it hasn't happened again. My Flask has never glitched.

The Flask to me is the perfect mod. I'm still in awe with it. I would highly recommend it from my own experiences. And for a 150 bucks, I think the V4 Hana is a great buy. That's why I bought it and I'm happy I did.

But I so want another Flask. If it's true and they release one for a couple hundred dollars - I'll be all over it.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Thanks for all the input guys :)

Naa... I don't have access to mini style hana cases anymore (ft stopped selling them - the ones 72mm high) and he either wanted something really small or something larger that would be worth the size. Better for him to buy a mod ready to vape than me trying to reinvent the wheel.
I have two rDNA's and one Flask all of which have been ABSOLUTELY trouble free. If your friend is in the market right now the most tempting is the new Hana just mentioned by Shigura.

OTOH if I, myself, were buying now, or urging someone to buy, I would recommend the "other" TC mod over all three.
I showed him the flask and he kinda liked it :)

It's dual and looks good and if the company stands behind it's products, it would be a good choice.

So, no complaints about vf's customer service?

Regards
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread