The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

**official Philly Meetup Scheduled For Sept 18Th**

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Vapers' started by ec!gg, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JTF

JTF Full Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Hi Everyone,

My wife and I will be attending and look forward to meeting you all.

Not sure what to bring. If anyone wants to try something, I've got the new GGTS AVS (auto juice feeder), Double Barrel Silver Bullet, GG Double Slim usually set up outputting 8.4v with NotCig's Terminator mounted running a 5.2 ohm 6v Ikenvape HV901 atty (my wife calls this "The Scepter"), The Buzz varivolt mod, Altsmokes BB and a Hello 16 running an Ikenvape 2 ohm LR atty (permanently attached to my neck). Please let me know.

And Kurt, I'm hoping for your advice on how best to saturate eliquid with some prized herbs and flavors - I've got 30 or so of these herbs under pure grain alcohol extracting right now (1:1 ratio, for 2 months total, so far).

I was joking with Isaac (Ikenvape) that I've got so many atomizers from him (about 300) that I can't even lift my deep sea Open Water tackle box anymore, so I'll probably leave that behind and just bring a few mods. Isaac did say he and Val would attend.

Again, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

And thanks ecigg for organizing this,

JTF

2. ec!gg

ec!gg Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Sure, bring whatever you like. We can have a sorta of show and tell. I would be be really interested to see how this terminator performs. Looks pretty interesting!

It sounds like the outcome is going to be pretty good.

We are really excited to meet everyone!

3. Kurt

Kurt Quantum Vapyre ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Hey JTF!

Sounds cool! Would be happy to talk about it. I do have some thoughts on it. My tobacco essence flavoring is a hot VG extraction. Depending on your herbs, PGA might work great, and make a nice flavor/thinning liquid, or it might taste too "green" and plant-like. If the liquid color is very green, that may be the case. Looking forward to chatting about it, and I would be interested in test-driving your buzz or other high-tech PVs. I'll be bringing some of my DIY VG juices for people to try or trade.

4. JTF

JTF Full Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Thanks Kurt!

Yes, I've got about 6 of the herbs under VG extraction - what a gooey mess; don't know how I'll ever filter it. I've found VG doesn't filter well at all. But "hot VG" as you say, I could see could make the filtration easier! Veddy interesting. And for sure, I do have some deep green colors in some of those jars. I did order in a large number of flavors from all the vendors in hopes of finding a combination to go with the herbs.

Clove works well with Lobelia, for instance. I also want to make a super energy vape using Guarana seeds (about 3 times the caffeine as in coffee), Kola Nut, and other high powered herbs. Don't know yet how I'm going to flavor them - but at least the liquid isn't green in those. :toast:

I'm also especially interested in Lobelia, St. John's Worth, Passion Flower and Valerian Root. After the full three months of steeping (shaking them well every two days) the mixing fun begins - in a few weeks time. btw, my extractions are so strong now, I can hold up a dropper full and you can't see through it, whereas the same store bought herb tincture looks as clear as a bell! So, of course, I've just got to make sure I don't kill too many atties perfecting these mixtures!

And I'll pack the Buzz. If you'd like, bring a 3 ohm atty and prepare to hit the sweet spot at 4.5 or 4.6 volts!

Look forward to speaking together,

JTF

5. Kurt

Kurt Quantum Vapyre ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Likewise, definitely! This will be lots of fun! I do know some about the herbs you mention. Probably best to talk in person, rather than get the FDA in a dander by posting details here. Let just say not all herbal alkaloids are best inhaled. Or heated to coil temps. If you have structures of active ingredients in print form and bring them, like from Wiki, we can talk in detail. I won't have time before then, but it is as you say veddy interesting. Many of these herbal remedy molecules rely on sugar groups to be active, and heating and vaporizing them will likely be a problem. St Johns is one. But no one is keeping you from spiking your coffee! :2cool:

6. SilverStrings

SilverStrings Full Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    I will probably come by.. don't have too much to bring because I just started a month ago, but I would be interested in seeing the stuff some of you mad scientists have created.

I might be the youngest one there lol, I'm only 24

7. redgirl

redgirl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2009
    Brunswick, MD
    SilverStrings, don't worry about bringing stuff. Being a newer vaper is probably the best to be at these meets because you get to try other people's equipment and juices. Great place to learn and try before you buy!

Will be leaving in a few hours. Hope to see you all there!

8. iheart45s

iheart45s Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Ok car is fixed! Looks like we'll be there afterall. I was hoping I'd have some stuff to bring to share but I placed my orders a little late and nothing has arrived yet. Sooo I'll be travelling light.

I do have a bunch of flavors I'm not going to touch though that I can put up on the freebie table if we have one of those this time.

Double joker power!!

See you guys soon!

9. redx

redx Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2010
    Reading, Pa.
    /cry.... I had to work all day today and just got home... around 7:30 now... guess there will be another one of these sometime...

10. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Northwest vapors meet is tonight too. Cool.

11. Gunjji

Gunjji Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    New Jersey
    Hah! Im posting first, but had to leave early to get up at 4am... Went really well, my first and enjoyed myself alot. So glad I got to meet eveyone! Spent around $100.00 since I didnt win anything :( LOL... Great prizes tho!

I made sure to meet Redgirl, fellow PIFer. I asked has Redgirl made it here and as I turned, BAM, there she was!!!

Great job putting this together and cant wait for the next one!!!

12. AlanFox

AlanFox Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

May 19, 2010
    Hatboro, PA
  13. ec!gg

Jul 2, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    that was a really fun time. Thanks everyone who made it out!

14. ec!gg

Jul 2, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    I just wanted to say "Thank You Everyone for Coming!" We had roughly 22-25 guests during the event.

I also want to give a special thanks to VaporPhoxxe and VaporGalaxy for contributing towards the raffle.

Raffle Winnings:
    1.) Totally Wicked 510 kit - From VaporPhoxxe
    2.) 510 kit - From ecigg.org
    3.) DSE-905 Starter Kit - From VaporGalaxy
    4.) ejuice - From ecigg.org
    5.) Event T-Shirt - From ecigg.org

With such a great turnout we decided that we would like to host another vapemeet in the future. We will keep everyone posted.

Also VaporPhoxxe Thanks for posting all the pictures, they look great! I have more that I will post soon.

15. iheart45s

Jul 14, 2010
    Philadelphia
    I am so not photogenic.

:)

Thanks so much for hosting the meetup last night. Matt and I had a great time and he is quite happy with the juice he won!

16. redgirl

redgirl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2009
    Brunswick, MD
    Thanks guys for holding this for us! Definitely gives more validation that we are not the only "weirdos". Time always goes by so fast at these things and I wish there were more time to talk to everyone and try more stuff out! Always vape overload but so much fun!

As always I met great people and learned something new. Thanks for the pics VaporPhoxxe. I took some with my new phone but some didn't turn out so good cuz I'm still learning how to use it. Special thanks to Gunjji!); You truly embody the pay it forward spirit!

Here's the couple good ones I got:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Gunjji

Gunjji Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    New Jersey

Hey, is that a 45 record in your avatar? LOL I always thought you loved the 45 handgun.

Next time I should be able to stay til the end. From the pics, it looks like I missed alot. :(

18. iheart45s

Jul 14, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Hah yes. I collect records. :) I actually have the insert tattooed on my arm.

:)

Also, this plum pudding is pretty great. Thank you for it!

19. ec!gg

Jul 2, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nice pics redgirl! I am still liking the cinnamon VG you gave me thanks!

20. Distorted.Clarity

Distorted.Clarity Moved On ECF Veteran

hey i got in finally!
    the fb log in still isn't working though.

i took only a few pics but i'll toss them up on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.