Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I have a question. I've been thinking about getting a Provari. I'd mainly use it at work where I kinda hafta stealth vape (I'm a paramedic working for a hospital). My 'normal' Vapes at home (or out and about) are either my REOs, or a rebuildable around 65w and 0.5 ohms. I was planning on using it with a kayfun mini v3. My other rebuildables i use on higher power stuff. My Kayfuns are usually between 16 and 26w. I'm planning on getting one of the stealth models, but I'm debating between the P3 and the Procyon. Which would you go with in my situation? Depending on the day and the device depends if I MtL or DLH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the minimal difference in price, I would never ever never ever ever go with the P3 over the Procyon UNLESS you want to be able to run it in 18350 or 18500 mode to make the size more "stealthy". Even then, I would go with a Mini 2.5. I say that as someone who owns two P3's and no Proceyons.

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
For the minimal difference in price, I would never ever never ever ever go with the P3 over the Procyon UNLESS you want to be able to run it in 18350 or 18500 mode to make the size more "stealthy". Even then, I would go with a Mini 2.5. I say that as someone who owns two P3's and no Proceyons.

As there are several mini's in the blemished section, that's not a bad idea to pick one up. Even then, they aren't that much. I think the Procyon is a better idea first, then a mini if I've got $ after some Nic. Thanks, all!

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Yep. I think a Ti Mil P3 and a Ti Procyon plus a Radius for Jackie should round us out nicely for the next 40 years. I don't want to spend that much right away but damn...

Between the two of us that will be five P3's, a Procyon, Radius, V2 and V2 Mini.

I hate the FDA.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
As there are several mini's in the blemished section, that's not a bad idea to pick one up. Even then, they aren't that much. I think the Procyon is a better idea first, then a mini if I've got $ after some Nic. Thanks, all!

Depends on your power requirements really. If you can vape comfortably with 15 watts or less, and be satisfied, I would recommend spending your money on redundant 2.5's, because in my estimation the fixed pin 510 connectors have a better chance of outliving the P3 connectors which incorporate an O-ring to support the center pin. That being said, the P3 and Procyon can utilize flat top cells, so they will be more versatile in that respect. ( there are hacks to get around that if it's ever an issue;) ) With several 2.5 minis, a few extension rings and maybe even an extension cap, you can utilize all three 1800 series batteries. Decisions, decisions...for me the best bang for the buck is the closeout 2.5's, but I vape at 7-8 watts all the time...

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
Depends on your power requirements really. If you can vape comfortably with 15 watts or less, and be satisfied, I would recommend spending your money on redundant 2.5's, because in my estimation the fixed pin 510 connectors have a better chance of outliving the P3 connectors which incorporate an O-ring to support the center pin. That being said, the P3 and Procyon can utilize flat top cells, so they will be more versatile in that respect. ( there are hacks to get around that if it's ever an issue;) ) With several 2.5 minis, a few extension rings and maybe even an extension cap, you can utilize all three 1800 series batteries. Decisions, decisions...for me the best bang for the buck is the closeout 2.5's, but I vape at 7-8 watts all the time...

When I use a VV mod, I'm generally at 3.8v for comfort with a 1.5-ish ohm coil. At least that's how I vape my evods when I let the dog out at night. LOL. Little stinker gets me up like clockwork at 3am. Ego Type stuff is perfect for me at that hour - I don't have to be coherent to use it. lol I can vape just about anything under 100w. Today was my Kayfun 1.4 ohm at 16w. Good stuff!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
When I use a VV mod, I'm generally at 3.8v for comfort with a 1.5-ish ohm coil. At least that's how I vape my evods when I let the dog out at night. LOL. Little stinker gets me up like clockwork at 3am. Ego Type stuff is perfect for me at that hour - I don't have to be coherent to use it. lol I can vape just about anything under 100w. Today was my Kayfun 1.4 ohm at 16w. Good stuff!

I've accumulated about twenty V2.5's for a good reason. I plan to be using them for a very long time. I prefer the mini in 18350 mode for it's form factor, and don't mind swapping batteries one bit. I go through about four of them a day, they charge up quick ;)

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I've accumulated about twenty V2.5's for a good reason. I plan to be using them for a very long time. I prefer the mini in 18350 mode for it's form factor, and don't mind swapping batteries one bit. I go through about four of them a day, they charge up quick ;)
That'll get you there.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
That'll get you there.
My P3 has been checked into the mothership, I added the Procyon cap to my order, and asked them to take a look at the mangled p3 outer ring that got stuck to my Subtank, and also asked them if they would refresh the 510 O-ring with a new one. Curious to hear how this ticket turns out...

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
My P3 has been checked into the mothership, I added the Procyon cap to my order, and asked them to take a look at the mangled p3 outer ring that got stuck to my Subtank, and also asked them if they would refresh the 510 O-ring with a new one. Curious to hear how this ticket turns out...
Yeah, me too. For what them parts cost them, they should just do it, especially that o ring.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
A question for P3 and Classic owners: does anybody notice a significantly shorter battery life in the Provari Classic over the P3?

I just got a new Classic this week from Provape and some fresh 18500 batteries. Normally, in a day at work I will run through one of those tiny 18350 batteries in my P3 or 2.5 Mini, but when I got the Classic I slapped a bigger 8500 battery in and it ran empty before the end of the day. Hmm... maybe the battery was old? So the next day I put in a brand new (first time usage) 18500 in and the same thing - it ran out before the end of the day.

On the third day, I tried that same 18500 battery and same atty in my trusty P3. At the end of the day it read about 35% left in the battery.

So it looks like I'm getting about 60% of the battery time in the Classic as opposed to the P3. Is that normal? Anybody have any experience with both of these?

Reactions: AstroTurf

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Not the first time a package from Monroe went to that same city, it's kinda weird...
One of mine went to NY (west of me) then past my house to Montreal (waaaayyy east of me), then home. Weird thing is that it arrived super quick compared to Seattle to Niagara NY to me. Whatever.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
A question for P3 and Classic owners: does anybody notice a significantly shorter battery life in the Provari Classic over the P3?

I just got a new Classic this week from Provape and some fresh 18500 batteries. Normally, in a day at work I will run through one of those tiny 18350 batteries in my P3 or 2.5 Mini, but when I got the Classic I slapped a bigger 8500 battery in and it ran empty before the end of the day. Hmm... maybe the battery was old? So the next day I put in a brand new (first time usage) 18500 in and the same thing - it ran out before the end of the day.

On the third day, I tried that same 18500 battery and same atty in my trusty P3. At the end of the day it read about 35% left in the battery.

So it looks like I'm getting about 60% of the battery time in the Classic as opposed to the P3. Is that normal? Anybody have any experience with both of these?

I have a P3 Celtic Knot and a 2015 Classic, but I use 18490's in mine. It doesn't matter which Provari I use, but I get about the same amount of time on one battery on either device. Granted my Provari's are at least a year old and are not using the latest version of the software. So this could explain the different results than what you are experiencing. Don't have them handy at the moment so I can't tell you exactly what software version each device is using.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Version 40 released.
Seems like a really small one.

I will go get it done on both of mine next week as my guy does it for free.

Actually never "free" as he makes me stand around for 5-10 min while the upgrades are done and I always end up finding something to buy. ;)

P3 Software Update V40 Now available.

We recommend that all P3 devices upgrade to the latest version.

This release has the following improvement:

Battery management improvements and bug fixes.

Manual Menu Mode. This mode allows you to select Auto or Manual for the menu scrolling. When in Manual mode, you can control the menu by short and long presses.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Manual Menu Mode. This mode allows you to select Auto or Manual for the menu scrolling. When in Manual mode, you can control the menu by short and long presses.

This one upgrade will make it worth finally updating my P3! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread