Status
Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Just want to take a moment to offer up a prayer of safety to our Canadian friends who may be evacuating due to the fire at Fort McMurray. According to the news up to 90,000 people have to get out.

I don't watch the news when I'm on a Netflix binge but just so happen to have the news on right now.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I realize the tech specs didn't say spring loaded but it said self adjusting...to me it didn't make any sense how it could be self adjusting if the pin wasn't spring loaded. That's why I was asking. Thanks
Yeah I wasn't 100% convinced the orange O-ring under the pin would be enough to let the pin move up or down...but once I put an un-modified kayfun Lite on there, and it fit flush, I didn't need no more convincing!
That was always my biggest "vape issue"...durn KFLs not sitting flush on my v2.5's, so I'd have to take the KFL apart, sand down its insulator and test fit it until it say flush on my Provari beauty ring! Ugh what a process. Super tedious!

But then Provape launched the "P3 cap" and those days were behind me!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Gee, I had no vaping issues until the P3.
Well, I can't speak to that, my friend!

All I know is, if the P3 (or anything with a P3 cap) won't work for ya, the v2.5 sure ain't gonna die anytime soon! Heck, even after they're sold out, the units themselves will last for many many years!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Just want to take a moment to offer up a prayer of safety to our Canadian friends who may be evacuating due to the fire at Fort McMurray. According to the news up to 90,000 people have to get out.

I don't watch the news when I'm on a Netflix binge but just so happen to have the news on right now.
Nice. :)

Fort McMurray is at almost the other end of the country from me (2500 miles) but I have friends there that I am in contact with and it is a friggin' mess. Surprisingly, nobody (or very few people) have died, but entire neighbourhoods are being vaporized completely.

There is no end in sight either as the weather is perfect for fires like this.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Well, I can't speak to that, my friend!

All I know is, if the P3 (or anything with a P3 cap) won't work for ya, the v2.5 sure ain't gonna die anytime soon! Heck, even after they're sold out, the units themselves will last for many many years!
That's what I'm saying. Jackie and I used our V2's, without fail, for three years. Then we got P3's...

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
em2.png

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
Un-used ash/.... cup left over from days of analogs ... 1" PVC pipe and a rag ... because I'm fancy like that. Hey, it's a Jeep not a Rolls. Problem solved. Priceless

DSC03039_zps54qdb882.jpg

You should take the top of the ash tray top and cut a hole in it so that you can cover up from seeing the PVC and rag but still be able to drop your device inside. Would make it look really nice!

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I'm still using my Radius but I'm thinking about getting the Procyon. Can anyone tell me if the Procyon's battery indicator works the same way as the Radius? You know, the way the Radius battery indicator shows you a lower amount of battery life if you use the device too heavily in a short period of time and then the battery level goes back if you let it sit for a while? That's the one thing I hate about my Radius (some of you may remember me complaining about it a few months ago) and I'm wondering if the Procyon is the same.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I'm still using my Radius but I'm thinking about getting the Procyon. Can anyone tell me if the Procyon's battery indicator works the same way as the Radius? You know, the way the Radius battery indicator shows you a lower amount of battery life if you use the device too heavily in a short period of time and then the battery level goes back if you let it sit for a while? That's the one thing I hate about my Radius (some of you may remember me complaining about it a few months ago) and I'm wondering if the Procyon is the same.
Can't say I've noticed that about the Procyon in the short time I've used it. It may or may not do that and I just don't pay that much attention to it. The thing is, I know pretty much that I can vape for at least a couple of days on the Procyon and I know that I will change the battery before then regardless of level but confident it won't be close to running out of charge before I swap it out. Keep in mind there is no USB charge port on the Procyon like the Radius and the battery must be removed and charged manually.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I was and am so pleased with the Procyon/Kabuki that I picked up a Radius/Kabuki. I'm lovin' both of them, so THEN earlier this evening I saw a used P3 Gun Metal / P3 Nautilus on eBay. I pulled the trigger. I want a shorter beater grab and go stick mod than the Procyon and that's how I plan to use the P3. The P3 Nautilus is minus the original drip tip and I'm kinda bummed about that but it is what it is and does come with a couple of nice stainless tips both big and small bore. I checked Provape first and found neither the P3 Gun Metal or the P3 Nautilus are available. Maybe for good reason? LOL ... dunno. The P3 will come with both extensions but my plans are to order an updated end cap from Provape and find some flat top AWT 18350 10.5A 800 mAh (yellow) batteries and configure it that way. I would use AW batteries (which are available from Provape) but all I see are button top and Provape recommends using flat top with the new end cap (used on the Procyon).

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I was and am so pleased with the Procyon/Kabuki that I picked up a Radius/Kabuki. I'm lovin' both of them, so THEN earlier this evening I saw a used P3 Gun Metal / P3 Nautilus on eBay. I pulled the trigger. I want a shorter beater grab and go stick mod than the Procyon and that's how I plan to use the P3. The P3 Nautilus is minus the original drip tip and I'm kinda bummed about that but it is what it is and does come with a couple of nice stainless tips both big and small bore. I checked Provape first and found neither the P3 Gun Metal or the P3 Nautilus are available. Maybe for good reason? LOL ... dunno. The P3 will come with both extensions but my plans are to order an updated end cap from Provape and find some flat top AWT 18350 10.5A 800 mAh (yellow) batteries and configure it that way. I would use AW batteries (which are available from Provape) but all I see are button top and Provape recommends using flat top with the new end cap (used on the Procyon).
Perhaps have a look here before you make your final choice of 18350 batteries.

18350 Battery Bench Test Results and New Ratings Table

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Thanks !!! ... I was going off Mooch's recommended batteries and why I limit myself to the two choices I mentioned ...

batteries_zpsukyijnmy.jpeg
Ah, OK...

I just looked at the charts on the thread link and it said that the AWT yellows may not be the best choice.

Ima go and have another look.

Jim

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I would at most, draw just under 3A so I don't see experiencing a lot of difference between the AW and AWT. The deciding factor is get a new end cap for the P3 like the one that comes on the Procyon or keep the spring cap? The new end cap which is said to make the battery more efficient is recommended by Provape to use in conjunction with flat top batteries ... so AWT. If I keep the spring loaded end cap ... I would prefer the button top AW's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread