Official ProVari Radius Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1553.JPG
Yay, I too am now a proud owner of a blue radius (and a mini...to add to my P3) came in the mail yesterday. vaping on it now with a kayfun.

Planning on losing that mini USB cover pretty soon. So, I bought 25 replacements on ebay from a US seller, for $6.45 shipped.

Uxcell brand seems to be the correct shape, I'll post again when they arrive.
Uxcell 25 Pcs Anti Dust Black Soft Plastic Dock Cover

I think the Uxcell mini usb insert is a realllly close match, same shape, and feel to the rubbery latex "plastic".
...but they're made in China, so...
An acceptable replacement for when I loose my original Radius insert. ..and one less request for Radius repairman Bill.
:thumbs:

Hi all,

I just got back from New York and if any of you are local and after a radius VapeNY had a few 60w and 40w in stock. Walk in only though I'm afraid.

They had blue and red in 60w and ghost white in 40w if I remember correctly.

They also had a custom one available think it was black, skull print, with bronze top / bottom. Big label on that one that said "don't sell" though...

Oh man, thanks so much for the heads-up. Never heard of VapeNY and their 36th St., midtown shop isn't far from where I work. They gotta have a nice topper to my new mini. Maybe they can find me a Kayfun 4 to P3 threaded adapter!
I'm psyched, Tootle puffers are scare around here - most shops are full of fog-ware. (no hate to the cloud chasers amoung us)

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Well, it would if you had access to a programmer, and you could use a Mac.

But, as far as I know, you still need a pc to update a p3.

There never was a ProVari dealer within about 100 miles from here, so no programmer.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: There is no buying, selling or trading outside of the Classifieds

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Clean up
Wow, glad I joined ecf, you people are great. access0denied thank you for the offer but I'll pass for now. 440BB was spot on, Pink Mule restocked the connector (which is amazing in itself) and I bought one this morning.
!! for a whopping DKR 104.98 !!​
(yeah, that's $14.90)

... now I just need to patiently wait for that mule to arrive from Spain ... Okay, I'm off to check the mailbox, (thanks again)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
ProVape sold off some of the programmers towards the end, so some of us have them. I was able to update my p3s on a pc at work. A mac version of the software would have been handy though.

Wow! I really should be been checking in more often. Did anyone buy the ProVape office decor?

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Oh man, thanks so much for the heads-up. Never heard of VapeNY and their 36th St., midtown shop isn't far from where I work. They gotta have a nice topper to my new mini. Maybe they can find me a Kayfun 4 to P3 threaded adapter!
I'm psyched, Tootle puffers are scare around here - most shops are full of fog-ware. (no hate to the cloud chasers amoung us)
In exchange for their upgrading my P3 software (twice now) I bought a bottle of their Bonvape NY4. Not sure what kind of juices you like, but the NY4 was a kind of graham crackery tobacco (higher vg.) I think it's very nice. Clean juice.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
40CC is the most recent (last) update for the 40 watt Radius.

I believe all the 60 watt Radius are versions 3 and there is no update.

Ocelot -- I didn't hear anything about office decor -- but they did sell bumper stickers @10cents each, hats and some got free ProVape pens in their orders. :)

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Anyone know what the difference is between Radius60_Version_03 and Radius60_Version_40cc.

What one would be the best to upgrade to?
The cc option is for Coil Control. I never tried it, but it's supposed to be like temperature control. I just run mine on regular version 3.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
40CC is the most recent (last) update for the 40 watt Radius.

I believe all the 60 watt Radius are versions 3 and there is no update.

Ocelot -- I didn't hear anything about office decor -- but they did sell bumper stickers @10cents each, hats and some got free ProVape pens in their orders. :)

Thank for posting that, I knew I should have asked first. The Mac update gave me the choice of 26 or 40CC and I picked wrong.

ETA: No wait. I just read cats5365's post. I don't use temp control, so I'm just going to leave it. Not that updating actually matters for me, I still have the very first version of the P3. I vape < 13 anyway.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
No worries -- one has the option on the device to switch from CC to watts. I have it on one of mine and only use watts and have had zero issue.

I believe all the other updates were minor hidden issues or possible issues. The one a lot of us like is that you can have the button light blue when charging with USB. Then it goes to no light when charged. The toggle is at the electric/lightening bolt icon.....like what shows on the display when charging.

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
London/Alicante
Bad news and good news !
Pink Mule let me down with my order they did not have the Radius in stock which I ordered after the Website showed 2 in stock !! I would advise anyone buying anything of value to contact the Vendor prior to ordering as it takes about 10 days to refund the payment to PayPal then back to the Bank !
The Good news is I found the Black Radius 40w in stock at a U.K. vendor,so a quick email confirmed this and order placed :)

For anyone in Europe looking for a Radius look here !
Provari Radius - VapeHQ

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Bad news and good news !
Pink Mule let me down with my order they did not have the Radius in stock which I ordered after the Website showed 2 in stock !! I would advise anyone buying anything of value to contact the Vendor prior to ordering as it takes about 10 days to refund the payment to PayPal then back to the Bank !
The Good news is I found the Black Radius 40w in stock at a U.K. vendor,so a quick email confirmed this and order placed :)

For anyone in Europe looking for a Radius look here !
Provari Radius - VapeHQ

Out of stock.

R

Reactions: AstroTurf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread