Status
Not open for further replies.

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
I'm thinking about getting a rubber tip for my pass through. I can't picture rocking a rubber tip, say at a bar, though...would feel awfully Cruella De Vil.

w00p! Time for my n00b questions.

Do the rubber tips fit over the end caps, or replace them? And can they be re-used or are they supposed to be disposable?

The rubber tips look like regular plastic drip tips. they are reusable and you remove the "flat" cap and tip fits inside the carto.

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com
Oh yeah - and my tattoo:

IMG_5228-1.jpg

♥Beautiful♥

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
I don't think I've ever seen it said that 1 carto would be the equivalent of 1.5-2 packs. If I had, my eyes would have rolled so far up they'd be looking behind me. :rolleyes: My experience is with 'normal' usage, it last for 10-12 cig's worth. It's the 'normal' that varies from person to person. I can tell you that 1 carto will never last me the whole day, where a pack of smokes would. I use 2-3 cartos. But then I vape more than I smoked, mostly because I can (like in previously forbidden places).

Hi everyone... new Voltie here. Some questions:

1) I've been an ultra-light smoker for over 30 years, albeit at 1.5 PAD. I went with 6mg on the Volt, maybe low. Feels okay in terms of nic, but I don't really get the translation, and some of the posts I've seen indicate I should be going through nic withdrawal.

2) I've seen the following two contradicting statements:
a) "A cartomizer is good for 1.5-2.0 packs."
b) "A cartomizer is good for 4-6 cig equivalents."
Which is it?

Theseus

Jan 29, 2012
NYC
All I know is I used to go through a pack a day easily... now I go through a cart a day.. even while vaping at my desk at work.

Thanks for the feedback... I know I have to feel my own way towards what works, but that is the sense I'm getting, i.e., one to two cartos should do it.

Have to say: I am pretty impressed so far.

Theseus

Jan 29, 2012
NYC
I don't think I've ever seen it said that 1 carto would be the equivalent of 1.5-2 packs. If I had, my eyes would have rolled so far up they'd be looking behind me. :rolleyes: My experience is with 'normal' usage, it last for 10-12 cig's worth. It's the 'normal' that varies from person to person. I can tell you that 1 carto will never last me the whole day, where a pack of smokes would. I use 2-3 cartos. But then I vape more than I smoked, mostly because I can (like in previously forbidden places).

I'm still not 'smoking' in forbidden places. :)

I have yet to ask my staff... I can't tell, but does vaping REALLY not smell up a room?

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
Depends on the type of juice.. I've been smoking menthol of all types... mint.. ry4... at my desk at work and in my home and no one is the wiser.. >=)

I have yet to ask my staff... I can't tell, but does vaping REALLY not smell up a room?

refused

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
United States
www.facebook.com
Hey voltrons. Well its been about 2 and half weeks without smoking an anolog i took a puff on one the other day and it was the worst thing ever, cant believe i was puffing them all day. Now i think my taste buds are in that weird faze cant taste anything i vape. Of course i have 15 bottles of samples and cant taste a thing so now i am rocking ice menthol and gummy bear from Freedom Smoke which is pretty good now. Cant wait for this to end so i can find my all day vape

propagandax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I had some V4L cartos left over from when I switched to this style. I ended up just giving them all away because I couldn't get them to work well on these batteries, both the Cool Carts and the Wow.
That was with the auto batteries, I'm not sure if the results would be the same on the manual or the sealed autos.

I had the same issue with V4L carts, didnt work well at all with the volt

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas

WOW! Is that the norm for most vapers? I mean, I have had the same carto for three days and still going strong. LOL I have to charge it every night. A carto a day? That seems like alot.

I do not vape in forbidden places either. lol not at work, and don't even do it at home unless I go outside. Just habit i guess. Now in my car.... thats a different story...... all the way to work and all the way home. :eek:)

godAWFUL

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
United States
Agree whole heartedly with starsong, I'm about 1.5 - 2 carts a day.

Given, the carts I have right now are only 16mg (Ew, b.)...but on the other end of that spectrum...they taste like vegetable oil. (Double ew, b.)

I feel like when I find a really delicious daily cart, I'm going to be puffin' non stop...even if I kick the nic-level up to 24mg. I vape freely at work, and I can tell you that it never leaves my mouth when I'm driving.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA

Vaping doesn't really (maybe for a second), but filling cartos sure does - unless you like that nauseatingly sweet bakery smell! :)

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Hey voltrons. Well its been about 2 and half weeks without smoking an anolog i took a puff on one the other day and it was the worst thing ever, cant believe i was puffing them all day. Now i think my taste buds are in that weird faze cant taste anything i vape. Of course i have 15 bottles of samples and cant taste a thing so now i am rocking ice menthol and gummy bear from Freedom Smoke which is pretty good now. Cant wait for this to end so i can find my all day vape
Hang in there - your taste buds will be returning soon...haha, those samples probably need to steep anyway! :)

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Agree whole heartedly with starsong, I'm about 1.5 - 2 carts a day.

Given, the carts I have right now are only 16mg (Ew, b.)...but on the other end of that spectrum...they taste like vegetable oil. (Double ew, b.)

I feel like when I find a really delicious daily cart, I'm going to be puffin' non stop...even if I kick the nic-level up to 24mg. I vape freely at work, and I can tell you that it never leaves my mouth when I'm driving.
That's me - I love my flavors, so I vape non-stop whenever I can...and right now I'm at home a lot, so like 3-4 cartos/day! But my nic is way down at 4-6mg. It's just fun, and it tastes sooo good!

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
Interesting... I'm with Stacey, cartos seem to last a long time. Maybe it's because I come from ultralights?

[Edit: And also a NYC and travel schedule, i.e., for ten years now I haven't just been aable to chain smoke for hours at a time unless at home.]

I was ultra lights too. I smoked for almost 30 years and it used to be 2 packs a day.... but for the most part the last 10 or so years was a pack a day. Until about 2 years ago when I started getting really serious about trying to quit... I cut it down to about 5 cigs a day. But of course I could only do that on very non stressful days (so not many days like that. lol) The harder I tried to quit though... the more I smoked. so I gave up trying. Then when I found vaping a couple weeks ago..... quiting was easy.

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
I was hoping that my Volts would make it here this week. But they didn't. Probably be Monday or Tuesday before I see them. *sigh* But I did order the biggest bottle of banana e-juice ECBlends offers. I just cannot get enough. That and Vanilla Rootbeer..... Yummy! I alternate between the two. And I have 11 more flavors to try. LOL Well 10. There is one I am not even gonna try to attempt. eeewww. Will probably PIF it if I can figure out how all that works.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
I'm confused by your statement that you use a carto for 3 days but charge it every night? Do you mean you refill it? And I'm not saying the carto itself dies and has to be tossed. Just the juice lasts about 1/3 of the day. Either I put a fresh one on or refill that one. I'm sure some people vape style is to take a few puffs and put it down for an hour, then repeat. If that was the case then maybe 1 would last the day. Like I said, I vape a lot more than I smoked.

WOW! Is that the norm for most vapers? I mean, I have had the same carto for three days and still going strong. LOL I have to charge it every night. A carto a day? That seems like alot.

I do not vape in forbidden places either. lol not at work, and don't even do it at home unless I go outside. Just habit i guess. Now in my car.... thats a different story...... all the way to work and all the way home. :eek:)

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
I'm confused by your statement that you use a carto for 3 days but charge it every night? Do you mean you refill it? And I'm not saying the carto itself dies and has to be tossed. Just the juice lasts about 1/3 of the day. Either I put a fresh one on or refill that one. I'm sure some people vape style is to take a few puffs and put it down for an hour, then repeat. If that was the case then maybe 1 would last the day. Like I said, I vape a lot more than I smoked.

LOL I charge the battery every night. After about 3 days I will add more banana juice (my current fav) or I will switch it to the Rootbeer with Vanilla (my 2nd fav) But I don't actually have to add juice or change cartos but every 3 days. I have yet have one burn on me or go dry. But I seriously don't have it in my mouth/hands all day either. I will also say that all the juices and cartos I have ordered, even from SI are 18mg and I am convinced its way to strong. I ordered more banana with 6mg so I hope it works better. I can tell if I have vaped to long.... get a headache and super dry mouth. I figure its the nic being to high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread