Status
Not open for further replies.

WebMistress89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2011
Canada
www.rhiannagreene.com
So everyone...65mm or 78mm??? Which do you prefer?

I imagine with the PCC the charge not holding too much weight.

I know my Cigirex is the same as a 78mm, and the thing is certainly massive...and can get frustrating when trying to emulate that analog "hanging from your lip" feeling.

Unfortunately my order just finished processing yesterday...so I probably won't see my Volt until mid next week. Ugh. Anticipation is killing me.

I like the 78mm auto, I have one 65mm but i think the 75mm one emulates good enough, I let it hang from my lip no problem. i got used to it and then when i ordered the smaller one, it felt weird.

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
Good evening my Volt friends-I got home just a little while ago, and placed a very large order! In honor of this, I have now changed my signature to include the word 'volt'....even though I won't have it for a few days, I'm going to bear it proudly!
LOL< I got 35 points to boot!!! Yay!!! Soon, my friends, I will be joning your ranks!!! ;)
Peace & Luv!!!

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
I wanted to say, I ordered the car battery charger too, as was suggested. I couldn't afford the carry case charger, as was also suggested, but (I think) this is the one I will be getting if I have ordered the 94.00 dollar kit? Anyone?
I hope so, I also ordered an extra battery and some juice to get me going, asnd blank cartos. I'm sooo excited! Maybe my honey will really quit!
LOL- when I got home, my nose has finally decided that it can actually smell things again, and I could tell he'd been smoking in the house! After the scolding, I placed my order and promised him it would be all better very soon :)

***I don't know why my new siggy line is not showing up!!!

Theseus

Jan 29, 2012
NYC
Hi everyone... new Voltie here. Some questions:

1) I've been an ultra-light smoker for over 30 years, albeit at 1.5 PAD. I went with 6mg on the Volt, maybe low. Feels okay in terms of nic, but I don't really get the translation, and some of the posts I've seen indicate I should be going through nic withdrawal.

2) I've seen the following two contradicting statements:
a) "A cartomizer is good for 1.5-2.0 packs."
b) "A cartomizer is good for 4-6 cig equivalents."
Which is it?

3) Related: I don't understand how to know when a cartomizer is running low. Right now, I am still on my first cartomizer, SI's "Smokey Joe", i.e. Turkish... it was sort of bitter to begin with, but still doesn't taste really different or "burnt", but I am definitely at 20+ equivalent analogs (I think... see below).

2 & 3 together) So how long should I vape a cartridge???? Not by time, I guess, but by puffs? And yes, I am cognizant that my puffing style is in transition, so does that mean the newb metrics are "analog puffs" versus "e-draws", and if so, again, when do I need to change or re-charge the cartomizer??

4) I am getting very different vapor and TH results from the Volt on:
a) 65mm battery,
versus
b) USB pass-through (much more)
- why would that be the case, when the KR808-D1 (2nd gen) is regulated at 3.6V in both cases?

5) Once I get more comfortable, it seems like it makes sense to re-charge cartomizers for a week or so... what does that mean in practice:
a) For a given cartomizer: how many drops per day of re-charge, and for how long?
b) How do you know when to stop?

THANKS!!!!

godAWFUL

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
United States
I got the rubber tips. I ♥♥♥ them! so comfy! I don't worry about hurting my teeth anymore.

I'm thinking about getting a rubber tip for my pass through. I can't picture rocking a rubber tip, say at a bar, though...would feel awfully Cruella De Vil.

w00p! Time for my n00b questions.

Do the rubber tips fit over the end caps, or replace them? And can they be re-used or are they supposed to be disposable?

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone

1) I've been an ultra-light smoker for over 30 years, albeit at 1.5 PAD. I went with 6mg on the Volt, maybe low. Feels okay in terms of nic, but I don't really get the translation, and some of the posts I've seen indicate I should be going through nic withdrawal.

Some people don't go through nic withdrawal. Vaping is really quite personal and individual. No cut and dried rules apply.

Which is it?

Those statements are usually used as sales claims by mall vendors or some of the online vendors that sell lesser quality products. I don't think you'll find many, if any, ECF vendors making claims comparing cartos to packs of cigarettes. Too many variables.

3) Related: I don't understand how to know when a cartomizer is running low. Right now, I am still on my first cartomizer, SI's "Smokey Joe", i.e. Turkish... it was sort of bitter to begin with, but still doesn't taste really different or "burnt", but I am definitely at 20+ equivalent analogs (I think... see below).

At the first sign of a burnt taste or less vapor when the battery is charged, change or refill the carto. Production will also drop off the last few puffs of a battery charge but with no burnt taste. As far as the bitter goes, your taste buds will change greatly when you stop smoking and start vaping for at least a few weeks. That same juice today may taste totally different next week. Good idea to have a few different flavors handy.

2 & 3 together) So how long should I vape a cartridge???? Not by time, I guess, but by puffs? And yes, I am cognizant that my puffing style is in transition, so does that mean the newb metrics are "analog puffs" versus "e-draws", and if so, again, when do I need to change or re-charge the cartomizer??

I don't think you can compare it in terms of epuffs or analog puffs. Again, too many variables. Length of draw, frequency, etc. I personally start a fresh battery charge with a freshly filled carto. A full carto will outlast a battery charge every time. At night I just top them off all at once. Only takes about 15 minutes to do 3-5 cartos.

a) 65mm battery,
versus
- why would that be the case, when the KR808-D1 (2nd gen) is regulated at 3.6V in both cases?

Don't know. Never used a Volt passthrough. Maybe somebody else can help here.

5) Once I get more comfortable, it seems like it makes sense to re-charge cartomizers for a week or so... what does that mean in practice:

That depends on how many you go through a day. See my above useage technique.

a) For a given cartomizer: how many drops per day of re-charge, and for how long?

Again the variable. I usually get between 10 and 15 drops in per battery charge.

When to stop filling? I'm guessing you mean by dripping it in instead of using the bottom fill method.
Just drip a few drops in and look. If it still looks clean and dry give it a few more. Repeat until it looks slushy. At that point I blow through it to clear the airway in case some liquid has gotten in there and wipe the bottom with a damp paper towel or tissue. Put the caps back on and ready to go next morning.

All my answers are my own personal experiences and not endorsed by Smokless Image or necessarily in agreement with other ECF members.

THANKS!!!!

You're welcome. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
Since you asked, my reason for trying the V4L cartos was because they were available in a color other than black.

I won a contest of theirs and got cartos only purely for that reason. My opinion - the are non as good as the horizontal coil carto but they work ok - a little hit and miss on firing, have to play with them some. I just use them for new juices that I am trying.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
Oh yeah - and my tattoo:

IMG_5228-1.jpg

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
No, this isn't SI's case. It's a case from another ecig vendor that my husband had.

Is the case you have SI's or another kind? I plan to get SI's carrying case, but if I take extra cartos in it, I will probably want to use the condoms. I was thinking of it mainly to carry batteries with cartos attached, though.

I wonder if the laminated labels are thinner? Anyone know?

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Zebra Stripes is my favorite kind of gum! Hard to find around here, anymore! Please let me know what you think of the ejuice? Thanks! :)

Just got some flavors in from vaporbomb.. hopefully they are tasty.. snickerdoodle, zebra stripes (yipes stripes! mmm), hypnotic myst, pandoro, new grape, cinna-bomb, and virginia menthol.. wonder how long i should let these guys age hhehe.. oh yeah.. they sent me passion fruit of all things as a freebie.. not my first choice.. but we'll see lol

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
All I know is I used to go through a pack a day easily... now I go through a cart a day.. even while vaping at my desk at work.

Which is it?

a) 65mm battery,
versus

THANKS!!!!

Gormy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2011
Hollywood, MD
I loved that gum as a kid.. just doesn't quite taste the same anymore. Once I let it settle for a week (figured I might as well just steep all the juices to be on the safe side) =) I'll letcha know what I think! =)

Zebra Stripes is my favorite kind of gum! Hard to find around here, anymore! Please let me know what you think of the ejuice? Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread