Oh boy!!! DIY parts from Chinese suppliers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
Without trying to sound like a **** or self-serving, I would caution anyone on those 510 connectors without testing them first. I recognize the manufacturer and those particular 510 connectors had issues with the center post grounding out when I tried them. Their other ones should be fine, and I'm taking this as my queue to exit the service I've been providing as soon as I run out of stock.

Guitarslinger

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Central Illinois
He he-I've been tellin people the real money is in those damned adapters, lol. Ordered a 901/510 from AltSmoke a month or so ago and just had this feeling we'd be seeing them (a LOT) cheaper soon. I kinda thought 10 bucks was a bit steep at the time, but oh well.

And ditto to Nerf for supplying a much needed service-time to take a vacation now??

YoMike

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Maui HI
madvapes stores front page was design by someone who thinks it's cool making it hard to figure out where the product links are located. Looks nice but function is pure crap.
901-510 adapters should be in great demand since the SD clone and other 901's really need to operate with the 510 for optimum performance. Altsmoker has them for $12.95 now, if that came down to 5x for $6 that's a deal!

caesar

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Bucharest
theprecious.ro
Without trying to sound like a **** or self-serving, I would caution anyone on those 510 connectors without testing them first. I recognize the manufacturer and those particular 510 connectors had issues with the center post grounding out when I tried them. Their other ones should be fine, and I'm taking this as my queue to exit the service I've been providing as soon as I run out of stock.

Thanks again Nerf for providing the connectors for us!

Indeed, that particular 510 adapter looks exactly like the problematic center post type.

I'll test them when they arrive and will let you all know.

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
(UK-centric post)I buy a lot from HG's and they're a good supplier with good customer service but if I just needed an adaptor then I'd still get one from iVapour with shipping and delivery time taken into account it still makes sense for me, I don't regret getting one earlier this month despite the price compared to HG's and yeah Nerf was a god-send when I needed battery connectors on two occasions. They're quality connectors and I haven't had a bad part yet.

funkybozu

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
probably for the best, no point in you taking a loss, ill always be intrested in your new finds though :D

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL

Nerf, I would still rather get my stuff from you! At least I would know that they would work!

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
Nerf, I would still rather get my stuff from you! At least I would know that they would work!

While I can appreciate that (and would really like to get rid of the connectors I have on hand), I started selling connectors because people needed access to them. Now that there are several options both stateside and in China, I'm no longer needed, and as thin as I've kept my margins trying to compete would just wind up losing me a lot of money. I'm about even as it is right now, when I finally clear out the stock I've got on hand I'll be a bit ahead and I'm happy with that - my main goal was pretty much to just not lose money while making sure modders had access to the actual connectors without maiming themselves while disassembling batteries. ^_^

Last edited:

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
While I can appreciate that (and would really like to get rid of the connectors I have on hand), I started selling connectors because people needed access to them. Now that there are several options both stateside and in China, I'm no longer needed, and as thin as I've kept my margins trying to compete would just wind up losing me a lot of money. I'm about even as it is right now, when I finally clear out the stock I've got on hand I'll be a bit ahead and I'm happy with that - my main goal was pretty much to just not lose money while making sure modders had access to the actual connectors without maiming themselves while disassembling batteries. ^_^

I hear ya nerf. I still want to say thank you for filling that need with quality parts at reasonable prices with great service!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread