Ohio VS Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cle440

Sep 30, 2014
Cleveland, OH, USA
So, I live in Ohio and when I go to a bar or restaurant, everyone who smokes e-cigs or vapes goes outside and it is no big deal. Using them inside usually isn't accepted.

Last weekend, I went to Florida to visit a friend at UCF and we went to a bar around there. As I sat down, I noticed at least a dozen people using their vapes and I was shocked. It was so accepted and everyone was having a good time. I felt very comfortable pulling out mine and using it and even started up some conversations about it.

So what's the deal? Is it just the atmosphere?

Reactions: Caro123

Wild Card

Moved On
Dec 5, 2014
Ohio, USA
Ohio has a state-wide indoor smoking ban. The ban also says that you must be ______ feet away from any building while smoking outside (I think it's 20 ft). There is currently no anti-vaping law on the books in Ohio. This means that it is NOT illegal to vape indoors. Rules of any particular establishment or business supersede the law of course, on private property. If a bar says you can't vape indoors, then you can't do it.

If you're interested, there is an anti-vaping proposal on the books: Ohio HB 144, should you choose to get involved.

For what it's worth, I have no firsthand experience with this. I don't frequent bars anymore. I would probably go outside anyway just to be courteous to those around me.

Wild Card

Moved On
Dec 5, 2014
Ohio, USA
Ohio has a state-wide indoor smoking ban. The ban also says that you must be ______ feet away from any building while smoking outside (I think it's 20 ft). There is currently no anti-vaping law on the books in Ohio. This means that it is NOT illegal to vape indoors. Rules of any particular establishment or business supersede the law of course, on private property. If a bar says you can't vape indoors, then you can't do it.

If you're interested, there is an anti-vaping proposal on the books: Ohio HB 144, should you choose to get involved.

For what it's worth, I have no firsthand experience with this. I don't frequent bars anymore. I would probably go outside anyway just to be courteous to those around me.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
I've noticed that almost 1/2 of all the vaping supplies I order come from Florida. I can't help but wonder if that's part of it?

I'm in Ohio, but was never much of a bar person, so haven't been drinking out of the house in a while, not since vaping. There is a bowling alley I'd love to go to and fog up, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread