Felt odd vaping at a bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrdude

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2013
I ask in bars, and have yet to be told no so I vape with pride. A local restaurant is vape friendly, and I asked them to verify that they were. They said it was OK. After lunch, I looked around, saw families with children, and decided that I would rather not vape so I would not make the other patrons uncomfortable.

That is my personal choice, and YMMV.

Carry on as you were.

:D

Proverb31

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
This happened to me in a restaurant quite by accident, my pv was pinching me in my pocket, so I placed it on the table. The elderly hostess of the restaurant stopped by to check on us, asked me what that newfangled thing was for, and when I explained she nodded, smiled, and told me her husband had quit smoking by holding and rolling around a small pencil in his fingers. His motto was "I'm not letting something this little tell me what to do." Cool story, and when I checked out she said if she had any pencils handy she would give me one. :) It was kind of embarrassing being the center of attention there.

I waited til I got outside to vape, the restaurant was crowded and I didn't want to start anything with the owners. Now I wonder what she would have said if I had demonstrated for her!

This made me smile. When I first used my mysmokeless, it was in an upscale restaurant that is dimly lit. A waitress came running over to my table, I suspect to tell me I couldn't smoke. She must have realized it wasn't a cig as she neared, because she immediately started asking if it worked, did I like.... etc. Next think you know she was sitting with me and my friend and I let her use it. I've let several people try mine and even try to carry a few disposable tip covers with me. I love being able to vape almost anywhere. I hated going outside as a smoker, made me feel like a leper. Vape on, but politely so we don't get banned.

Proverb31

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
This happened to me in a restaurant quite by accident, my pv was pinching me in my pocket, so I placed it on the table. The elderly hostess of the restaurant stopped by to check on us, asked me what that newfangled thing was for, and when I explained she nodded, smiled, and told me her husband had quit smoking by holding and rolling around a small pencil in his fingers. His motto was "I'm not letting something this little tell me what to do." Cool story, and when I checked out she said if she had any pencils handy she would give me one. :) It was kind of embarrassing being the center of attention there.

I waited til I got outside to vape, the restaurant was crowded and I didn't want to start anything with the owners. Now I wonder what she would have said if I had demonstrated for her!

This made me smile. When I first used my mysmokeless, it was in an upscale restaurant that is dimly lit. A waitress came running over to my table, I suspect to tell me I couldn't smoke. She must have realized it wasn't a cig as she neared, because she immediately started asking if it worked, did I like.... etc. Next think you know she was sitting with me and my friend and I let her use it. I've let several people try mine and even try to carry a few disposable tip covers with me. I love being able to vape almost anywhere. I hated going outside as a smoker, made me feel like a leper. Vape on, but politely so we don't get banned.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Honestly, I really think we need to be real careful and conscious of fellow patrons when we start vaping inside. For example, my friend and I go to Chilis on Friday night and sit at the bar. The manager said we can Vape until someone complains. Luckily no one has complained yet and it's been about a year most Friday nights. My friend blows plumes of vapor and people have looked and yes, sometimes we can talk to people about it and have positive results. However, I tend to use my Volt Ecig smaller batt and stealth Vape. Mainly because ithink it might be overkill vapor clouds for two of us to be vaping. She thinks I'm scared and maybe I am, but mainly I just don't feel comfortable vaping up the place until more people understand what it is. I think we need to be considerate and sensitive to people's fears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread