OK, I Was Wrong: That Vendor Is Horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
I'm probably a ways away from experimenting with making my own. Of course I said that about two weeks ago about getting some real equipment while smoking cigalikes, and look at me now--three batteries, two evods, three different ohm heads, eight bottles of juice with some wick and coil coming soon in the mail. LOL

Yep, it'll suck you in.....

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Oh! You got the SPEARMINT, of COURSE, we make that out of Ammonia. Didn't we tell you that?

This is an interesting bit that I found while researching:

In broad terms there are some chemicals that very aggressively attack Polycarbonate. These chemicals include Toluene, Benzene, Acetone and Ammonia to name a few. One interesting experiment to see the effect of these chemicals is to dip a small piece of Polycarbonate into some Acetone. Nothing visually appears to happen, but the surface does become plasticized. If the Polycarbonate is then washed in water, the water provides nucleating sites causing the surface to “crystallize”. The result is that the entire surface instantly turns white.

That's exactly what happened when I tried to wash it with water.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I'm wondering if I can get some sandpaper in there maybe I can salvage the ruined evod although I don't know how I'd get it way up there in the cranny by the tip.

No, don't do that. It's a goner. That plastic is super thin anyway and with some of it gone you're probably just going to waste more juice. Good juice. Who knows what that stuff did to the plastic anyway. I wish they'd sell just the top portion of Evods.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
No, don't do that. It's a goner. That plastic is super thin anyway and with some of it gone you're probably just going to waste more juice. Good juice. Who knows what that stuff did to the plastic anyway. I wish they'd sell just the top portion of Evods.

Sadly you're right. I should give it a proper burial, like up the kazoo of some alien or something.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Does that company even advertise anywhere? I know that name because of this place and a few others, but I don't think I've ever saw an ad..
I'd like to know who is helping in promoting them..:nah:

To tell you the truth the only reason I stumbled upon it is because it came up in the search engine when I was looking for who sells 36mg juice. Not that I was even planning to buy any of that, but once I was there, their selection looked good so I thought I'd give it a try on a whim. I knew something was wrong when the package came today and I opened it up and none of the bottles were even bubble wrapped and the package reaked of spilled juice, plus the labels on the bottle look like they were printed up on a ten year old printer, can barely read them.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
This is an interesting bit that I found while researching:

In broad terms there are some chemicals that very aggressively attack Polycarbonate. These chemicals include Toluene, Benzene, Acetone and Ammonia to name a few. One interesting experiment to see the effect of these chemicals is to dip a small piece of Polycarbonate into some Acetone. Nothing visually appears to happen, but the surface does become plasticized. If the Polycarbonate is then washed in water, the water provides nucleating sites causing the surface to “crystallize”. The result is that the entire surface instantly turns white.

That's exactly what happened when I tried to wash it with water.

some flavors contain an "ester" group this is a very common type of chemical that's found in a lot of things including DNA. these ester groups can be reactive with certain types of plastic BPA being a well known example. these ester groups are used in all sorts of artificial flavors and fragrances. if you want to know more check out Ester - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
I saw this a few days ago on ecigbestsave.

Kanger universal bottom coil replacement heads will fit not only.Kanger EVOD.BCC Clearomizer, but also.Kanger Protank.BCC Glss Clearomizer , Kanger Mini Protank BCC Glass Clearomizer and.Kanger Protank-2.BCC Glass Clearomizer

Part of me would like to try a few different tanks but now that I have evods and Unitanks I hate to have to deal with keeping up with another kind of replacement coils.

For reference here is the link. http:// www.ecigbestsave.com/Kanger-Universal-bottom-coil-heads-p/kanger-universal.htm

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago

Kanger universal bottom coil replacement heads will fit not only.Kanger EVOD.BCC Clearomizer, but also.Kanger Protank.BCC Glss Clearomizer , Kanger Mini Protank BCC Glass Clearomizer and.Kanger Protank-2.BCC Glass Clearomizer

Part of me would like to try a few different tanks but now that I have evods and Unitanks I hate to have to deal with keeping up with another kind of replacement coils.

For reference here is the link. http:// www.ecigbestsave.com/Kanger-Universal-bottom-coil-heads-p/kanger-universal.htm

Thanks. That's good news. That means I can salvage the one in the ruined tank at least which is worth a buck or two.

TinyTimberGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Wisconsin
picasaweb.google.com
Well I guess I'll find out if the evod head works in the mini protank in about a week of waiting. I could have just gone down the street and bought it at the B&M but I doubt it would have been that cheap. Thanks to the guy who recommended 101Vape. By the way I was about to purchase one from the official kanger site for $7.99 but they wanted $24 shipping. LOL. What was THAT all about?

I ordered a MVP from 101Vape last Saturday afternoon at 4:00 central time and it was in my mailbox Monday at 10:30 in the morning. I'd never ordered from them before, and I honestly don't know how it got here so fast, but you may be vaping with your new protank a lot sooner then you think. :)

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

that would be Google :glare:

very nice to see your honest, good guy, review here CJ ... as for AVapor ever getting the trademark approved for BB?

they don't stand a chance ... the fact Alien Visions came up with it first ... the AVapor application will be denied :2cool:

I have experience with trademarks.

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well I guess I'll find out if the evod head works in the mini protank in about a week of waiting. I could have just gone down the street and bought it at the B&M but I doubt it would have been that cheap. Thanks to the guy who recommended 101Vape. By the way I was about to purchase one from the official kanger site for $7.99 but they wanted $24 shipping. LOL. What was THAT all about?

You are welcome. :)

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
It always sucks to find out somethig like that the hard way. We probably have all been burned at some point. It happens. But the memory of that time reminds me to research more(here mostly) before making a purchase from a new vendor. No more e-cig impulse buys for me. Well, that's the plan at least. Lol.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I'm wondering if I can get some sandpaper in there maybe I can salvage the ruined evod although I don't know how I'd get it way up there in the cranny by the tip.
HERE. You can buy some more cheap for your safe juices so you'll have spares. They're on sale.

Does that company even advertise anywhere? I know that name because of this place and a few others, but I don't think I've ever saw an ad..

That company doesn't need to advertise because whenever anyone searches for a certain extremely popular tobacco juice, it comes up first in Google instead of the real company that makes the juice.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

You do notice that list does not include the Kanger T3s & MT3s.

Just to make this perfectly clear:

There are two different Kanger heads with correspondingly different bases. While the "universal head" will fit "all that", it is not the same as the T3s/MT3s head.

The metal washer right beneath where the wicks stick out is a larger diameter on the "universal" head, and the fitting in the base it's designed for is correspondingly larger. That washer and what it fits into on a T3s/MT3S head is smaller. Put the two heads side by side and you can see the difference in the size of that round washer.

Consequently, if you put a PT head on a T3s base that washer doesn't fit down into the opening it's intended to seat into - it rides on top of it. Risk of leaking follows.

I'm just pointing out, once again, that there is a difference in the design of those two heads and the bases they fit into. It's not being done just to confuse you for the sake of confusion. Somewhere along the line Kanger came up with two different specs for the bases and they do use different heads for a reason.

Last edited:

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
HERE. You can buy some more cheap for your safe juices so you'll have spares. They're on sale.

That company doesn't need to advertise because whenever anyone searches for a certain extremely popular tobacco juice, it comes up first in Google instead of the real company that makes the juice.

You're linking to the MT3 not the Evod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread